Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Too funny to be true..I won't but I am sure somebody will start a thread with this..actually good for Cimini.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets offense isn't the worst. Have scored TDs on 13.6 pct of drives, sixth-lowest in NFL. The worst? I'll give you 1 Schott to name it.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jacksonville is not the issue, they're just as likely to be Atlanta fans as Dolphin fans. Probably more likely. Miami is like a million miles away from everything North Florida and I've got a couple of 9 hour drives in state to prove it.

Tampa is a big issue. A bad Fins team is not going to outdraw a good Tampa team. A good Fins team is not going to outdraw a good Tampa team because Tampa is much closer to almost everything north of them except stuff on the east coast.

The real issue is the Patriots. Why become a Fin fan if you're a kid in Florida who does not live within 50 miles or so of Miami? Tampa is a much better choice than watching your team suck in the same division as the Patriots.

The Jets suffer from this a little bit also. They moved to New Jersey to get closer to their fan base but a lot of kids in South Jersey grow up Eagles or Ravens fans if they don't like the Giants. The Jets aren't in the running for those guys because they're too generationally inept and the Pats are just too good.

3. LongIslandLou

LongIslandLou New Member

With the exception of week 1, there's no denying he's been bad this year. If he folds at home against Houston I'm done with him

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez really does suck.

5. LongIslandLou

LongIslandLou New Member

I'll admit I've been a Sanchez apologist, but if he plays bad tonight vs Houston it's time to accept reality and move on at the QB position. However if we win we're 3-2 and anything can happen. Hell the Giants won the Super Bowl at 9-7 last year

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's amazing how people try to blame everyone but Sanchez. All the Sanchez supporters need to tell us all of the great QB attributes that Mark brings to the table.

It's easy to make excuses so let's hear your excuses for why Sanchez is the answer at QB.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I really don't think anyone believes he is playing well...... some of us just have a little more patience after watching the JETS place band-aids (sans 1 fragile "could-of-been" ) on the QB position, especially when the players around him are sucking just as bad if not worse.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have patience with him right now for two reasons. First the Jets have nobody close to as good as he is to bring in to replace him. Second I think the talent on offense is so bad right now that it would hinder just about anybody who tried to lead this offense.

What did Rex say in training camp? "Receivers have to catch the damn ball!" That's just the tip of the iceberg with the Jets talent outside at the moment.

Let me ask everybody to do a little closed eye mental exercise right now.

Close your eyes. Go back to July. Imagine what you would have thought the Jets offense was going to look like with Kerley, Schilens, Gates and Cumberland as the targets for Sanchez. Ask yourself what your expectation would have been if you knew Shonn Greene was going to average less than 3 yards a carry at the quarter mark of the season.

When I do this I see the Jets at 1-3 or 0-4 and headed for a Titanic-sized sinking.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Yet the expectation is that Sanchez somehow will transcend the position and turn in a Joe Montana like season with that group.

I'll tell you one thing, I don't think anyone expected the running game to be this bad. There definitely were doubts out there about Greene but the running game as a whole... damn.

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

None of this really matters. Sanchez good or bad has no weapons and Tebow can't play. Rex still thinks you can win in the NFL with defense but the rules don't permit it. Tanny does what Woody wants. Until Woody buts out and stops trying to sell PSL's with stars rather than players there is no hope. Firing the GM and/or coaches will do no good if the direction is set by non football people. Save yourself the agony. And this is coming from a fan who saw his first Jet game in 1964.

11. Sangeezy

Sangeezy New Member

I think I'm crazy for thinking this but I believe we should commit to being a pass first team. We should spread it out with more WRs (Like NE) and get our playmakers in space

and run more sanchez tebow next to each other in that shotgun set

12. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I am sorry but I can't envision that looking anything like NE with this team.

13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

i think Sanchez is a decent QB with zero run game because Greene is a pile of shit and his receivers are young and cant run routes...

Are some of the faults with the offese Mark's? YES! Are most the faults his? NO!

Greene IMO is the biggest problem, followed by our WR core, followed by Mark, followed by our speed at the LB position.

1. I think we should try and trade for a RB needing a change of scenery (MJD, CJ2K)

2. In free agency add a go to WR (Jennings, Wallace, Bowe)

3. At the Draft move up to grab Smith or Barkley (1st + 3rd)

4. At the Draft add a LB in the 2nd round (Teo, Jones, Mosley), use a late pick if necessary to move up to get 1 of those 3.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

ANd if he playes well, say 3 TD, 1 INT, 250 yds, but HOU still wins, something like 45 - 33 ?

15. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I want to give Sanchez the rest of the year. Basically, we owe him a shit-ton of money, he's not going anywhere, and this is this is by far the toughest part of the schedule. Things get considerably easier after the 1st Pats game. He's struggled against three very good defenses in the Steelers, Fins, and 49ers (soon to be four with the Texans).

He played one of his all-time worst games last week and my hopes aren't very high for tonight. Anyone looking at the schedule before the season was saying this was going to be the hard part. It sucks that he was so bad last week. If he looks like an asshole against Tennessee and Jacksonville or Seattle, I'll be ready to move on.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand Sanchez's contract is a factor here, but I don't think it gives him a lock on his job no matter how poorly he plays.

Hey if he rights his own ship and the Jets do not win because of other problems on the team, he gets a pass from me even if they end up 4-12. But if he continues to contribute to the team's problems, I think they need to move on from him next year.

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I don't know if Sanchez is the answer at QB. I do know that he had incredibly great performances (vs. NE in playoffs, for example) as well as incredibly bad ones (5 INTs vs. Bills for example). I also know that more often than not he had to work with sub-par personnel be that O-line, WRs corp or overly complicated plans of the OC.

My problem with Jets QB situation is exactly that: I don't know if Sanchez is the answer. I don't think Mark is the one to blame for this no-mans land. After 3+ years Jets should've known whether Mark is or is not the future. I'm all for benching him, and I don't give a flying shit how TT will play, how much fans & media will bitch and how much of an impact it might be on Mark's head.

If I am HC, I want to test Sanchez's head, I want to see how good or bad Tebow really is. As to the fans and the media – not my problem. There is PR personnel to write what to say to the media & if you listen to the fans, you're bound to become one of them.

18. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I don't understand how you single out this specific game as the make or break moment for Sanchez.

First, it's a game in which we'd be big underdogs even at full strength.

Second, we're nowhere near full strength -- for all the excuses that some fans make for Sanchez and his lack of weapons, he has never played with a supporting as bad as Schilenz/Kerley/J.Hill/Cumberland/Greene's chalk outline before.

Third, we could just as easily go 9-7 if we lose tonight as we could if we win (it's an unlikely scenario, but week 5 doesn't decide anything one way or another.)

I have no issues with throwing Sanchez under the bus (I'm very close to doing it myself,) but tonight should not be the pivot point.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

LEAVE SANCHEZ ALONE!!!!!! i MEAN IT!!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!

[YOUTUBE]kHmvkRoEowc[/YOUTUBE]

20. reverseapachemaster

There is no time to give him slack! If Sanchez cannot demolish the #1 defense in the NFL somebody in the crowd better throw a rock at his head and kill him so the crowds can go wild! It is the ultimate test of skill! Put his job and his life on the line!