Why is suggesting Tebow Sacrilege?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RMorin, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

A - Umm Payton Manning is why they traded Tebow.

B. Who else do the Jets have that has won a playoff game and is not the lowest ranked QB in the league.

C. Tebow beat Mark head to head. If he is not an NFL QB then what does that make Mark? An NFL towel boy?

2. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Even though we disagree over how good Sanchez is, most seem to agree that if we bench him for Tebow, he's mentally done as a Jet.

Does that sound like the kind of QB that's ever going to lead us to a Super Bowl?

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

C -Since when did NFL quarterbacks have head to head duels?

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It has nothing to do with Sanchez being mentally finished.

It has everything to do with the fact that in order for Tebow to be successful the offense must be tailored to Tebow's skills, as Denver did when he took over.

The difference between their situation and ours is that they had the pieces in place to allow such a change to be successful. The Jets do not have such pieces.

So in the midst of all that is going wrong, the solution is to change scheme entirely midseason? There's absolutely no point. Even if Tebow succeeds the Jets can't afford to give Tebow a contract when the season ends since they're already locked into Sanchez for three years AND the Jets are significantly over the cap next season.

There is absolutely nothing about starting Tebow that would help the outlook. Hell, if the Jets were hellbent on getting Sanchez out then McElroy would be better to come in since he at least might have a future as a backup on this team.

5. reverseapachemaster

You're forgetting that Tebow's "it factor" makes everybody play better because putting Tebow on the field is playing in god mode. Just look at his genuflect to grounded passes statistic for proof.

It's really the only way Tebow makes the offense any better. All the other players have to magically start playing better. The offensive scheme has to turn into a spread option and the players have to magically become proficient in that system. Then Tebow can really excell at running the ball when the play breaks down because, well, it must not be his fault the pass play broke down. And somehow he is the best option at QB in spite of how poorly he threw the ball in the preseason and how poorly he has run the ball on running plays.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its called "firing your team up".

But hey lets just keep the slugs out there led by their pouting slug master at QB.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Regarding the bolded part, are you F'ing kidding us, or are you just totally uninformed, with useless opinions dribbling like stinky diarrhea out of your cakehole?

What is it with so many of you Tebots? You obviously don't know anything about football.

McElroy was picked in the 2011 draft. He was injured in pre-season last year and was on IR all last season.

You know what that means? It means his career so far of sitting on an NFL bench has been four games long. And you have the idiotic nerve to call him a career benchwarmer???

Get out of here with your nonsense and worthless opinions.

8. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

There is nothing about starting Sanchez that would help the outlook, either. The only question is which guy is going to win more games. Sanchez sucks. No amount of playing him is going to change that. If we're lucky, we'll find a taker this offseason and trade him and rebuild our QB position. If not, we'll have to rebuild and wait to address the QB position until his awful contract comes off the books.

I also don't see the doom and gloom about changing our offense to fit Tebow. Denver did it last year and had instant success, then Peyton stepped in and they look just fine. It's totally revisionist to act like Denver had the right pieces to do it and we don't. Denver had an awful, inexperienced OL, a below-average running game, and their #1 and #2 receivers were both totally inexperienced with almost zero track record when Tebow became their QB. Their offensive situation looked just as dire as ours. People like to act like Denver was some juggernaut carrying Tebow to success, but they were a 4-12 team the season prior and a 1-4 team before Tebow took over. They stunk.

Anyway, I just don't see why we need to see anymore of Sanchez.

9. catfish

catfish New Member

I actually agree with you here, it is impossible to know what McElroy is at this point, no-one has seen what he can or can't do

10. reverseapachemaster

Players don't seem any more fired up on Tebow plays than they do on Sanchez plays.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Its time to sprinkle more Tebow into the offense.
    They need a spark and are limited on play makers.

In terms of starting QB, i'd give Sanchez another 1-2 weeks.
    If he looks anywhere near as bad as he's been, its time to pull the plug for good in my opinion.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its a lot to ask of what is basically a rookie to start with the current team. I am not sure he would do that much better than Sanchez. I would like to see what he can do but with the lack of experience it would probably be ugly. Again - not against it but it would be a tough spot to make your first NFL start.

13. Big Blocker

Hey, very nice post, edge. I totally agree, the personnel, the scheme, the (even if ridiculously laughable in terms of how useless they have been) statements by the CS all indicate that the Jets were not and are not set up to have an O anything like the Denver O last season. Tebow has been used exclusively as a change of pace Qb and also at other positions. The Jets would have to completely change up their O to run what denver did.

And you are absolutely correct going forward. There is next to no chance Tebow is even on the team next year, so playing him full time at Qb now has no real upside.

The one little quibble I have is while I agree this has nothing to do with Sanchez's mental state, I would add that I don't give a shit about Sanchez's mental state at this point. jus sayin....

14. Big Blocker

Ftr I am not talking about playing McElroy now. He would need some prep, working with the first team. Perhaps after the bye? Certainly not this week.

15. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

It's a fucking shame that according to some of you Sanchez has such a fragile ego that simply benching him for the 2nd half would destroy his confidence. Yet Tebow has to hear the crap spouted in this forum and negative shit on ESPN 24/7 and he just sucks it up and keeps on chugging. I couldn't do that, it takes more mental toughness than I have. According to some of you Sanchez would never be able to take it. But hey, keep on bashing Tebow and babying Sanchez. Idiots.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Why is suggesting Tebow Sacrilege?

My guess: cause he can't throw a football on an NFL-level to save his life?

17. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

A stat website... Why not cite the Elias sports bureau too?

The fact that you had to go to a site that throws up so many useless stats that no one gives a shit about to make an argument while ignoring the other ones I listed is ridiculous.

Let's ignore TD's but focus on TD/ATT? Brilliant.

18. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Wow. Relax, psycho.

McElroy was a seventh-round draft pick that threw for 300+ yards exactly twice in his entire college career. He has no professional prospects. He is a third stringer and he will continue to be a third stringer. Maybe, possibly, if things shake out down the road, he will become a solid second stringer. He will never be a starting QB in the NFL. If you can find me a single starting QB in the NFL that started two college seasons and didn't throw for 300 yards more than twice in his college career, I will retract my evaluation.

Either way, calm down. Since 2000, 28 quarterbacks have been drafted in the 7th round. Exactly two of those 28 have ever started 12 games in a single season -- Matt Cassel and Ryan Fitzpatrick. And both suck. If you think McElroy is the next, knock yourself out. I'm going to go ahead and play the 93% odds that he's not.

19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

What happened to Tebow when he went to NE in the playoffs? And should I remind you what happened when we went up there in the playoffs?

Your argument based on 4 stats...4...is RETARDED

Dirty won 4 PO games on the road. How he'd do that? Luck? Was that Tebow possessing Mark's body? Tebow dressed up as Mark? You clowns are untolerable.

20. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

He did it by having a phenomenal defense, a good running game, and getting out of the way. In the San Diego game, he threw for 100 yards and a pick and we won. We scored 17 total points -- on those 3 scoring drives, we passed for a combined total of 13 yards.

Macaulay Culkin could've been playing quarterback and we still would've won that game.