Why is suggesting Tebow Sacrilege?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RMorin, Oct 3, 2012.

1. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Sir, I claim you are ignorant to McElroy's abilities.

Have you watched him during preseason at all? If you had, you would notice he rarely makes mistakes, doesn't turn the ball over and spreads the football around.

You know, exactly what we've been asking Sanchez to do for 3+ seasons, now.

2. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I bet Sanchez would look pretty sick against third stringers in the preseason. Just saying.

3. lamont_jordan_rules

... because he s*cks ...

l_j_r

4. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Because he is the Antichrist.

5. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I mean... the Anti-quarterback

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

How is a team that cannot run the ball going to benefit by playing a QB whose main strength is running the ball while running a run dominated offense????????? Playing Tebow at QB would turn the current mess into a disaster. If the wildcat can't gain more than a yard or two, how is Tebow going to help by playing more?????? And what of next season? We all know (except those that bow a the Tebow alter) that Tebow is NOT a long term answer at QB. The wheels have come off this team because it can't block, can't tackle, and has no skill position players who can make plays. The QB is not close to being the main issue with the Jets.

This is why bringing Tebow in here was one of the worst personnel moves in Jets history. It was distracting from the beginning, sapped what little confidence Sanchez had left after last season, distracted the Jets from addressing some of the real issues

7. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

because WR's dropping Sanchez passes will drop more inaccurate passes from Tebow as well.

Even if Tebow shows more success, i don't like what he has to offer. I don't want to wait for his "mechanics" to come around. I don't want to watch a "running" (inaccurate) QB.

Can he show some success, sure, he's done that. but if you think the Jets D is keeping games tight (a la denver last yr) and that timbo is just going to continue having 4th Qtr comebacks (and miracles) week in, week out, you live under tebows bed and dream with the dead.

Sanchez is on the hook for 8M next yr. he'll be starting next year regardless.

i don't want QB's in their 3rd yr "still" working on mechanics. don't have the patience. as much as i don't think sanchy will be better than above avg, i don't see timbo beyond avg. hence i'd rather not waste time with him.

it's sanchez for the remainder and next yr.

8. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

If bringing in a QB that "can't throw" saps Sanchez's confidence, what does that say about Sanchez?

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and Timmy looked like shit, and that's why many of us don't want him in.......

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The whole thing is a classic JETS clusterfuck

11. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Hmm, that's one way to think about it.

I was going more for "preseason doesn't matter even a little bit", but I guess to each their own. Hard for me to wrap my head around judging a QB that started 13 games last season by his preseason performance.

12. Wolf Brother

Wolf Brother Banned

Who cares about suggesting? Its gonna happen. It wouldn't if Sanchez was a top 10 QB. He's not. As long as that's the story, its gonna be Tebow Time soon.

A better discussion now is what the team has to do to make Tebow successful and what plays they will have to run. Jets will have to add option plays and more shotgun formations. It may mean bringing in a free agent who can at least run some deep routes. Chad Johnson, TO, or a big target receiver. Yes, those guys are past their prime and headaches, but they'd fit in as far as being a headache with the rest of the disfunction in the Jets Lockeroom. Basically, you let Sanchez know that he'll play the first half against the Texans, and then Tebow will play the rest of the game to ease him into the starter role and make it clear Sanchez is on his last audition for another team.

Then you work during the bye to restructure the offensive gameplay around running the ball and perhaps add some screen plays and one receiver sets. It is what it is. The reality is that, the Jets could dog fight their way through the rest of the season, manufacture some wins by any means possible (special teams, defense, running the ball, not turning the ball over, using the clock and trying to keep the game close) and try to bull their way into the playoffs. That's with Tebow. Or they can keep playing Sanchez for a ugly 6-10 season and lose the entire lockerroom.

13. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not saying that Tebow is better by any stretch because he is not, but there is a pretty big difference between sticking Tebow in as the QB where the other team has to assume he will pass the ball on occasion and the way we are using him as basically a glorified fullback

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You my friend have hit the nail on the head, so many Tebowbots forget about the abomination of a game he had against the Pats in the playoffs, because he could not move the team down field and the Bronco defense could not keep the game close.

Lets not forget that Mcgahee was the other weapon in the backfield with Tebow, do you really think teams are going to worry about Greene breaking away with a big run, it actually makes it easier for the defense to play against the wildcat, 2 slow RB's in the backfield and neither of them can throw the ball.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He should be our starting RB not QB

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The Jets have to figure out this year whether to draft a new quarterback early in the draft next year. That means to make a decision on Sanchez's future (Step 1), then test out whether Tebow could be the quarterback next year.

It would be a nice luxury if Tebow could be the answer this year -- he makes almost nothing, and the Jets could then afford to eat that last year of Sanchez's salary and still field a team. They don't really have the cap room to sign a Top 3 quarterback with all of Sanchez's guaranteed money.

So if Sanchez doesn't get it back together, start Tebow for the second half, just enough to see if he can be a credible starter with room for improvement. Perhaps at worst, he could bridge the gap while the next franchise quarterback is being drafted and developed. At best, he could nail down the job himself.

But I don't think it's wise for the front office to be completely without a plan for next year.

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Tebow generated more yards (rush/pass) and fewer turnovers than sanchez in their last 16 starts.

Tebow is better. That doesnt mean tebow is good, it means Sanchez has been very, very bad.

The Jets need a Quarterback.

18. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 New Member

*THIS!*

I'm not understanding why so many people are down on McElroy, and up on Tebow! Granted, he doesn't have the best arm around...but lets be real. In pre-season he completed passes, right? Didn't we have a QB previously with small 10 yard dink and dunk dump off passes ie Pennington?

I just don't get why he gets so much flack. Give him a chance.

19. catfish

catfish New Member

Interesting you brought up the Pats last year, lets compare

last year Denver played them twice

41-23 loss
    45-10 loss

the jets also played them twice

30-21 loss
    37-16 loss

so Sanchez after 2+ years as the undisputed starter at QB and 30+ games under his belt managed to score 4 additional points against the same team as a guy who was playing them in his 12th and 16th start ever.

and you want to use that as a feather in the cap of Sanchez?

20. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

This is basically my view. I don't give Sanchez extra credit for throwing tight spirals.