Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The number of empty seats Monday night should be a great indicator of how much longer Sanchez will survive.

2. Ted

Ted Member

Just as there was a decent turnout of 49ers fans, it won't surprise me if there are a lot of Houston fans at the game.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

San Francisco's a national team due to their success in the 80's and 90's. Houston, not so much. It will be when Miami and New England come to town that the stands will be painted in Aqua Marine and Blue like San Francisco fans painted them red. It was embarrassing.

4. Ted

Ted Member

You want to tell a Dolphins fan about embarrassing home turn outs? The Jets are the only NFL team with 9 home games :grin:

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Didn't sound like it while watching the game two weeks ago. Usually it does, but not last week. We Jets fans have no leg to stand on re: bashing Miami fans turnouts after the pathetic showing our stadium had on Sunday. Worst I've seen since Pittsburgh in 2007 for Kellen Clemens' first start, but that team was I believe 3-8 at the time. For what happened Sunday to happen in September for a 2-1 football team (even if they should have been 1-2 its besides the point) was embarrassing.

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I'm embarrassed at Florida jets fans for not having a better turnout 2 weeks ago

Though to be honest the Dolphins popularity I believe was chipped into by Jacksonville (who showed up and had some nice success off the bat...though they don't have a big fan base now those are fans that might otherwise be dolphin fans) and Tampa which had some very solid years in the late 90's and 2000's (winning a super bowl)

Plus, moving from the Orange Bowl. The Dolphins last had a home field advantage in the orange bowl, that place rocked. Joe Robbie has a country club feel to it.

7. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Need some new excuses for Mark!

Our offensive line sucks so Mark has no time to find a WR. According to this we are top 3 in pass blocking, and St. Louis is 30th

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

but yet, Bradford is heads and shoulders above Sanchez (this includes his breakout game in week 1)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

I know we have no running game but Steven Jackson is running for 3.3 yards a game, and Greene is running for 2.8. If you ask me they both suck.

I know we have no wide receivers, but Brandon Gibbons - Santonio Holmes, Danny Amendola - Jeremy Kerley/Stephen Hill Please someone try and tell me there WR corp is better than ours.

So the excuses are that our OL sucks, and we have no run game, and we have no WR's, Yet St. Louis situation is even worse, and they have functional QB.

What excuses do I have now?

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Sanchez is throwing it away more so the sack totals aren't as high as they should be. Stevie wonder could see how bad our OL has been both opening holes for the RBs and in pass pro

Bradford has Brian Schottenheimer so of course he'll be better

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Weak parallels bubble wrapped in whining.

Who'd St. Louis play to earn those numbers?

We've lost to the Steelers and 49ers so far. We haven't exactly lost to the NFL's crud.

We get it, things are bad right now. The sky is falling. All is lost, even though it isn't.

10. Don

It was never about the line, not this year or last..not even with Hunter (well he did suck). It has always been about Sanchez and his 5 second hold time, happy feet, horrible execution and facing down his receiver..he wouldn't be the starting QB at USC anymore either.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

and yet we are 2-2 and would be division champs if the season ended today.

12. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Bullshit. They haven't been that bad in pass pro. Even the commentators mentioned the adequate time he had last game. The oline hasn't been good in the run game but Sanchez has had enough time in the pocket.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its really hard to be effective when the other team has 11 defenders.

Once Mark gets to play against a 10 man defense he is going to be elite.

FACT - every time a CB falls down Mark plays better.

His QB rating when this happens is 112 - the second best in the league. :eek:hmy:

#293 ouchy, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  14. Potzer

Potzer New Member

3.3 ypc is getting work done. 2.8 is not.

There's a pretty big difference between 4th and inches and 4th and more than 1. Fwiw

15. Don

You don't seriously want to use that line, do you?

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Part of our running games problem is nobody respects our passing game...same as the Rams

17. Potzer

Potzer New Member

True. Just poking at that particular statistic.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I actually think its the other way around. Buffalo came in respecting the run game and the Jets destroyed them through the air.

After that every team since has respected the pass and not the run and the Jets have been struggling ever since.

19. Don

And he has been playing hurt, hasn't he? His career average without this year is in the 4.3-4.4 range.

20. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

I've done a little research into what has gone wrong with Mark Sanchez and the Jets, and I've become obsessed recently. One of the things I have noticed (watching old film) is that it isn't about keeping Mark upright, so much as it is keeping him comfortable. He is able to move in the pocket pretty well to avoid sacks, but when he has to do this, he becomes a very bad QB.

[YOUTUBE]P2hRIEeh5KQ[/YOUTUBE]

If you watch this video, you'll see what I mean. Early in the game, Sanchez has time and has to do very little maneuvering in the pocket and he plays great. As the game goes on, Tennessee starts to get pressure and has to move a lot. Then even on plays where he has time, he is uncomfortable and makes bad throws. Protect Mark and make him comfortable and he will be a good QB, otherwise he is bad. It's really that simple.

(Another unrelated thing that I've noticed is that Mark throws a very good slant, which we don't seem to run much anymore...)

EDIT: Also keep in mind this is every pass from this game. No bad plays have been edited out.

#300 SoulFood, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012