This Entire Team is Terrible

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Sep 30, 2012.

1. reverseapachemaster

It must be very difficult to be a fan of something you loathe so much.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Where do you see the seven wins? I simply don't?

Miami at Jets, Maybe.
    Colts at Jets, Maybe.

At Jacksonville - MAYBE. I don't see it happening.

After these three, where else do you see Jets win? With the 20th offense, this team cannot pull their collective head out of their own asses if their lives depended on it.

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

A bad game, but nowhere near as bad as the final score. (The Pat game in 2010 was much worse than this)

The fact is, the score was only 10-0 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd Q and 17-0 as the 4th quarter started. Not good, but still a football game. We were on their 44 yard line AND completed a pass that would have taken us to the 37 ... and then a 1 in 1,000 shot killed us. We not only lose our starting WR with no contact, but he also flips the ball into mid-air for an easy pick 6. What could have been heading for a 17-3 score just became 24-0 on a complete fluke play.

Now we're down 24 points to the best defense in the league ... knowing we have to pass every down ... and without our #1wr, #2wr, and starting TE. Pretty important guys to have in the passing game, dontcha' think? What did you think was going to happen at that point?

We were never going to win, and Sanchez played like dogshit all day, but the last 17 points they scored were totally misleading. If Keller and Hill can both go next week, I expect us to be in a close game until the end.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

im assuming youre filled w love, peaches and roses right now.

5. TurkJetFan

i disagree...

it's just as bad as the final score...the niners let the jets stay in the game...they couldnt muster a thing..

then the score resembled the first half, despite it being 10 - 0.

the pats game was worse because it really had big implications...

6. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

We have Probowl players on the offensive line, how come they can't open a hole for a runningback? My quarterback is in his 4th season, how come he throws bounce-balls to his recievers and throws it behind them half the time too? Why wasn't Plaxico brought back to at least have another proven veteran wide reciever when they could have had him for the Vet Min?

Who the hell is in charge here?

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Think about this ... two or three plays before the Holmes injury he was open for a long TD and Goldson make a great leaping play to tip it away at the last second. If he's half a second late, I wonder if you'd see things any differently. Could have been 17-7 and we'd still have our #1WR for the rest of the season.

8. reverseapachemaster

Just realistic. I don't believe every loss or close win is a reason to blow up the team and sacrifice any remaining cap space to bring in the FA leftovers. Certainly not at week 4 where we are 2-2.

The loss at Pittsburgh was expected. So was the loss today. In both cases I thought we could have played better but less of a loss is still a loss. So as long as the team is looking at those games as opportunities to improve then a forward-focus is all that matters at this point. The miami game was expected to be a solid win but it wasn't. There were some problems on our side and we lost Revis. Yeah, we won that game because their kicker flubbed twice. However, I don't think the win (aka "practically a loss" to some) is that bad considering a 3-0 Arizona team -- that beat the Pats -- came in and barely won in OT, too.

I didn't come into this season expecting every player to be elite and I expected/expect us to lose to several superior teams (e.g. Pitt, SF, Houston, NE) but a possible playoff spot that we would probably give up quickly without some mid-season growth. Right now the team is not playing up to my expectation for the season. However, four weeks in and sitting at 2-2 with two of our harder games of the season behind us gives us a lot of time to right the ship and continue the hunt for a wildcard. It remains to be seen whether the team will right the ship or sink. Obviously many have decided there isn't time to do anything but sink. Well, ok, enjoy being pissed off for the next 13 weeks.

9. TurkJetFan

thing is he wasnt...

and sanchez made his fair share of absolute fail throws...that i need not list.

also, with the step holmes had on that deep throw most functional QB's put the ball in a spot where Goldson couldnt even make that play. id see things differently if sanchez put a bit more on the ball

also by that point the jets were down what 17 points?

10. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

It's hard to believe but 49s could have put up more points. At the end of the game 49s were just trying to run out the clock and Kaepernick slid instead of going for an easy TD. Btw, was a classy move by a rookie. Anyone of a number of plays Kyle Wilson was beat could have gone for a TD if the ball was delivered to him. Sanchez threw right to a defender who inexplicably dropped it.

Were talking 14-21 extra points on to 0-34. How would 0-55 sound to you? All from a team who likes to methodically ground and pound.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oh no, not this. There's no Parcells out there this time to rescue the Jets from oblivion. Teams that lose a lot in a season have a very strong tendency to keep doing that for half a decade.

No way the Jets remain in NY if that happens. Woody will not be able to sell tickets for his life in this economic environment and he'll have to move them someplace where they're hot even when they're hot steaming shit.

And yeah he's got a huge debt overload on them and a heavy commitment to the new stadium but those factors will be making him move it not keeping it here.

12. Br4d

Kaepernick is not a rookie. He's a second year guy. 49ers will have a really interesting decision between him and Smith in a year.

13. Br4d

I think the Jets will beat a few teams when the offense settles down. I think they'll win a few against teams having trouble running the ball.

They're going to lose games to teams that have a pulse on the ground and don't throw the games away in other ways. This is one of the worst rushing defenses I've ever seen. The Jets may give up 2500 yards on the ground this season.

14. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Doesn't Sanchez have 5 years left on his contract with over $20MM guaranteed? You think they can cut him anytime soon? Even Tanny isn't that much of a salary cap magician.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Biggest question of the off-season, why did they sign him to an extension, it should of been do or die season for Mark Sanchez, improve or be gone.

16. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

The worst part of the schedule only started with the 49ers game. In a six game stretch, they play the 49ers and Texans at home and the Patriots and Seahawks on the road.

The four games the Jets have played so far included two tough teams (the 49ers and Steelers) and two weak teams (the Bills and Dolphins). Guess which two they got their wins against?

Long story short, they've hardly weathered "the tough part" of their schedule. They've lost the first game of the brutal stretch.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I promise I'm not picking on you but you can't leave out the Goldson play and leave out the 3 deep balls Wilson was absolutely torched on but had passes overthrown by Smith or the 2 missed FG's by Akers. The 49ers probably left 14-21 points on the field today.

Sadly the game ended well before Holmes got injured. We ended the game in the 1st half. We were driving and had 3rd and 2. Instead of call a normal play they drop Sanchez back and he is sacked. It was 4 down territory and it forced us to punt. That was the play before Ginn wanted Trufant called for interference on the punt. As if they hadn't learned their lesson they are driving again down 7-0 and they get a 3rd and 1 inside 9ers territory again and they do the same exact thing. Sanchez sacked and we are forced to punt.

We got burned on the Epps fumble because it by rule probably wasn't a catch as he didn't make a football move or possibly even establish possession. That was just bad luck.

I thought at the moment Epps fumbled the game was over regardless of the score because I had no confidence in the offense at any point to lead us to not multiple but any TD drive. Did we even get it across the SF 35 yard line today? Seriously?

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

So for us simplistic fans that blame the leader of the offense, Sanchez has professional athletes that he plays with, correct?

Assuming that he does in fact have professional athletes that he plays with, how can they help him make basic quarterback decisions like throwing the ball away, reading the defense, make pre snap reads, keep his fundamentals, make accurate throws? Does Sanchez need someone to lead the team for him?

Is the quarterback suppose to make the rest of the team better around him?

I agree, Sanchez excels against a prevent defense, but what other attribute does he bring to this team?

19. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Regardless, it was still a classy move for such a young player. He looked good, although the way we are playing defense we're making everyone look like all-stars. Ironic they out wildcated us. I'm not familiar with the 49ers cap, but they should hold on to him. A competent 2nd string QB is a valuable asset if you can afford him.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I believe they had won 5 in a row and were 9-2 at that time.

That was a VERY GOOD team that we were wondering if it was GREAT.

This is a MEDIOCRE team that we are wondering is either BAD or BORDER-LINE PLAYOFF bound.

I think it's now become clearer....