This Entire Team is Terrible

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Sep 30, 2012.

1. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

This^ especially with Holmes now hurt. It's also time to give Powell the reigns and see what he's got. I'm tired of watching Greene pound into the OL then fall for 2 yards.

2. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Not being a dick, but I have a hard time believing that this team is one of the worst teams you've ever seen the Jets field when we've basically had shit teams from 70 to 98 that were far worse than the 2000-2012 teams.

This team is bad, but it's not among the worst of all-time, especially considering the Hess years which were PURE UNADULTERATED CRAP.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Edward can't even get on the field since he left the Jets. Can we just put the Edwards myth to bed. You can't miss a player who does absolutely nothing after he leaves the team. Edwards has about 10 catches this year and last combined. His absence is NOT the problem.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Read my post again please. I did not say this team was among the worst I've seen. I said the past three games have been awful and today's game was among the worst GAMES I have attended.

In any event, I look at this team and the last three games and I see nothing that give me optimism going forward. No, this is not the Kotite era Jets, but this team is regressing quickly and is poorly build and will not make the playoffs this year and the future does not look bright.

5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I love J-Co but I intentionally left him out. By 2010 the core of the passing game was built around the 4 I mentioned. Not that we couldnt have used Cotchery moving forward but I think Kerley could replace his production. Question is can Hill replace what Braylon gave us?

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

What is 8 wins gonna do us? Or 9? Most likely not enough for the play offs and may earn Tanny another year meanwhile he needs to be out on the street ASAP.

7. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Totally agree. I'd rather they win no games and get the #1 pick than win 7 or 8 not make the playoffs and get a middle of the road pick.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If a team can't do anything well on offense,defense or special teams,doesn't that say something about the coaching?

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Different players flourish in different places. Edwards just seemed like a good fit here is all im saying. I have no problem with them letting Edwards go but they have not been able to find somebody to replace him is my point. I'm not trying to make him out to be this great player but we have to replace his production and the threat he gave us and thats one of the problems for the offense. He was a very effective deep threat for us.

10. PhatRex

PhatRex Banned

We really need to stop being homers. This team has been bad for a while now. Mark , Rex and Tanny need to go.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Ill bet youre not a troll

12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i love how when I show concerns over the course of this week with recent moves and going back to the moves of this year and last year I was totally flamed and told I was overreacting.

gotta love internetz football guru's.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Been pulling for Sad Sack since he got here. I always blamed Schotty for his poor QB play. I was wrong. Schotty did suck, but you can't make chocolate pie with shit.

14. tzinc

tzinc New Member

That is what they said about Denver last year they had sucked for several years and were again losing with their season over and no hope they put in Tebow as the starting QB and traded away their best WR... Jets need to learn from that.

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Watching other offenses just makes me very angry. Players like Shady McCoy and Ray Rice, etc. just make me angry, seeing as they were drafted in round 2 and we are stuck with Vlad Doodoo-case and Shonn "I am gonna run right into a linebacker's helmet" Greene.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

and so it begins...

17. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

this is what i been trying to tell the folks on here but they don't want reason they just want to hate

18. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

It's really hard to discuss this right now, because the more you talk about it the worse you feel. This team is a mess, a total mess right now. I just don't understand... it's only football, who do you get wrong? How do you not know how to block? How can you not know how to catch a ball or throw it? This is basic football stuff that these guys have been doing since they were like 6 years old and now all of a sudden they don't know how to do it.

All these coaches have been around football for years, how do you get this stuff wrong? How the hell do you mess this up? If you can't get football right what the hell can you get right? It's not nuclear physics or cardiovascular surgery for chrissakes... How do you get it wrong? HOW???

I'm sick of watching this team get it wrong... Real, REAL TIRED of seeing this team get it wrong.

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Honestly, I am less pissed off than I thought I would be. I am hoping this will allow a cleaning house of the front office and scouting staff and maybe the coaching staff (we'll see) to a front office that can actually draft and knows who to sign. Would love to get a franchise qb as well.

A franchise QB would be huge to get in the draft next season, because it could cover up a lot of deficiencies. Need 2 new LB, a new RB, a new QB, a new TE and maybe a veteran receiver.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

They miscalculated their talent and were never able to recover. It started two seasons ago, or in my mind when we missed on Gholston. We hit on a pass rusher there, and we are good. We didn't, ok, reset with Rex. Have two successful years. Chased Nnamdi over estimating talent remaining. Instead of trying to help Sanchez more, tried to put the whole offense on Sanchez. The opposite of what happens with Smith, Flacco, Stafford, Freeman, Cutler, Ryan, and other middling QBs. That backfired. The Jets decided to address and try to help Sanchez, but they still thought they ahd talent they didn't have, O line and TE and WR and RB. Don't have the talent to be ground and pound and Sanchez doesn't have the talent to carry an offense.

Lack of talent. Miscalculated what we had and needed, and swung and missed