This Entire Team is Terrible

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So after following this team for 46 years and as a STH for 32 years, I have just witnessed 2 and 3/4 of the worst games I have seen a Jets team play(from the second quarter of the Steelers game on). Today's performance which has to rank among one of the worst games I have ever attended I have attended over 250 Jets games.

This team just plain stinks. Everything about it is bad. The defense can't stop the run. 150 yards rushing against this defense is a given every week. The pass rush is non-existent. The tackling is awful. The only thing that kept the secondary from looking bad today is the 49ers lack of top notch receivers.

The offense is a joke. The Jets don't have a single playmaker on offense. The Running Backs are a collective joke. Greene can't gain more than 5-6 yards on a good run. Powell is no better. The OL does not open big holes on running plays, and if they did, the slow plodding RBs could do nothing with it anyway.

The receivers are horrible. Holmes was playing well, but it looks like he will be out for a while. At the the game today I watched the receivers and nobody is even remotely close getting separation and getting open. There is nobody for Sanchez to throw to. It is awful.

The Coaching staff should be embarrassed by the product they are putting in front of us every week. The play calling is awful. No passes to running backs? One deep ball all day? No blitzes to create a pass rush? No Maybin on third down? Continual jumbo formations on offense when everyone knows the Jets can't run the ball.

And where is the wildcat? Why did the Jets bother with all the BS that comes with Tebow if they don't know how to use him? Why not use him on 3rd and short when he is a legitimate threat to run? There is no creativity at all with regard to Tebow. He should be the regular QB, but the Jets should be using him on 3rd and short and let him be a triple threat to run, pitch or pass. What a waste.

As for Sanchez, I have two things to say. Those of you on this board who are blaming him know nothing about the sport. It is a team game and this team stinks. The simplistic fan blames the QB. Sanchez has no weapons. He has no running game, no open receivers, no playmakers.

Having said that, I think that this coaching staff has ruined him. I think he showed so much promise in his first two seasons and showed two important things in a QB - the ability to win a big game and the ability to bring a team from behind late in games.

However, the offensive scheme the last two seasons, the lack of weapons this year and last, and the swiss cheese OL he played behind last year and the hits he had to take have made make him ineffective. I don't think he is salvageable at this point.

The bottom line is that this season is about to be flushed down the toilet. This team is poorly constructed. This a "ground and pound" team that has no running backs. The receivers are a joke. The defense is getting old. The linebackers can't stop the run or rush the passer. The DL is being exposed against the run.

This ultimately is Tannenbaum's fault. This team has no talent. None.

I know it is early, but this team is going nowhere. I see 4-6 wins. The Jets need to start over next year. This team needs a new GM, a new coach ( Ryan can't coach offense and the defense is terrible this year), and entirely new personnel.

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Said the same thing when they lost 45-3 to the Pats.

Let's see who steps up and surprises this season. Someone on this team has to give a shit about earning their pay check.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

As someone whose been optimistic this year... I feel like my heart has been ripped from my chest after today's performance. This was the first game I went to this year and I doubt I'll go to another one. I want a refund from Woody "Sack of Shit" Johnson.

The OP post is dead on 100%. When things are that bad across the board you have to look even further up the chain straight to the owner.

I've tried to stay positive but holy fuck do the Jets need to do some serious self evaluation.

4. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Beat me to it!!

The problem though is the lack of talent at WR. 3 years ago we had Braylon Edwards and Holmes today we have a group (now that holmes os down) with seemingly lack of heart, desire and urgency. They seem to be going thru the motions.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Yeah they need to give the offense some weapons. Keller has the worst hamstring injury ever apparently.

Rex needs to look at the team and be honest...greene is not a #1, Powell needs to start, and McKnight should be used as a pass option like LT was.

bring back Plax and at least he knows Sanchez and can help hill learn to use his size to his advantage.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

tannybum is 90% responsible and the other 10% goes to cavanaugh, sutton, and sporano.

in case you couldn't watch, on the post game show, schein said they tried to replace cavanugh but nobody wanted the job. that says a lot about sanchez and sporano, not just woody and tannybum. other than that, i agree completely with everything you said. waiting 43 years is more than anyone should have to tolerate.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

This team is nothing like the 2010 team that lost that game. That was a one time bad performance where everything snowballed. That team had won 7-8 games already and beat the Pats earlier in the season.

This team has not done anything well for three weeks now. Nothing. And there is no indication that this team, as currently constituted, can turn this around at all.

8. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

OP. Can't really argue with anything you said, although its not anything new, the writing has been on the wall for the last few seasons. Many have chosen to ignore it and point to the prior playoff success. The organization has become a circus show, bad drafts, old players and free agents have mortgaged the future. They need to bring in new GM, Coach, etc. I'm not sure a no nonsense football smart GM/Coach would want be apart of this franchise. Woody would have change the way he does business and then it would take a number of years rebuilding to clean up this mess.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

maybe broadway joe knew what he was talking about after all..........

it's not like he is unqualified to evalute , just like elway.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

But the OL features THREE pro bowlers. So there is absolutely NO problem on OL.

(My fucking ass.)

--------------------------------------

This team is getting nowhere at this rate. 6-10 would be a generous forecast. Looks more like 3-13 team to me.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Kerley is our most explosive offensive player. Get this kid the ball.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Anyone who watched last season and thinks that bringing Burress back will make things better is a moron. Burress is slow as shit and was the biggest locker room cancer on the team. This team does not have red zone problems, it has full field problems.

There is no player sitting on their couch at home right now that can turn this around. There are no running backs with speed. There are no pass rushers. There are not linebackers with speed (whatever happened to Denario Davis, by the way? He can't get on the field other then special teams) there are no receivers other than those no other team wanted.

This is a next year and future years problem, not a matter of filling a few holes in midseason.

13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

We were 9-2 going into that game. This seems a bit different.

14. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

Sanchez is too good for this team, he needs a better supporting cast and coaching staff to truly shine. See Alex Smith

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^ that girly pick he threw, on a perfectly setup HB screen, was awesome :up:

16. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what anyone says. It will (finally) fall on his shoulders this year. Sanchez sucks, has always sucked and will always suck. The defense got this team to the 2 AFCCG's. I'm not calling for Teblow but I definetly won't be sad to see Sanchez cut. He can hold hands with Greene on their way out.

17. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Its week 4, the sky is falling! SMH

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The team has no identity. They dont do anything well on Offense. The only strength this team has is that they cover well on the defensive side of the ball and we will see how that holds up without Revis over the course of the season.

It least in 09 and 2010 the Jets could run the ball down your throat on Offense and play great defense. They were able to hide the fact that they couldn't get to the QB by having a great pass defense and shutting down the run. Now they cant stop the run and the defense is off balance all game because of it.

Im so disappointed in the offense. I defended Sanchez for a long time but i've just about given up hope on him as well. I dont think its all his fault but he isnt the answer at QB for us. Its a shame because I would have loved to see him play with actual talent at the receiver position. I never would have let Braylon go. Sanchez, Holmes, Keller, and Braylon were developing great chemistry, but whats done is done.

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

You seem to forget Cotchery.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets still have a real shot at 7-9 wins.

They're installing a new offense. There have been significant injuries all through that process. They're 2-2 in the midst of the worst stretch of games on the schedule.

More than 9 wins? Not a chance. But maybe 9 with some luck. More likely 7.