2012 Week 4 - New York Jets vs. San Francisco 49'ers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 23, 2012.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

No time like the present!

We escaped with a tough win today...these games usually are.

Let's hope Revis' injury is not too serious and we get Keller back next week. Is it time to hit seek out another WR or two? Bring on the 49'ers! They're going to be pissed after getting handled by the Vikings!

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm afraid. SF will be pissed coming out of Minnesota.
    They have a great run defense, luckily we probably won't be running much since our running game is brutal.

Sanchez is going to get pressure he needs to protect the ball, and work the short passing game.

Need to capitalize on any turnovers.

Alex Smith will run. Need to tackle/sack him immediately.

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm not banking on a win, to be honest. A win would be incredible though.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Powell needs to receive majority carries.

Revis needs to be healthy.

Keller needs to be healthy.

Defense needs to tackle.

Sanchez needs to be more consistent.

If we improve these areas, we will win.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This could be the 2012 version of the Baltimore game from last season. Their defense is fast at every position. Not to mention they can run, and Smith can make those timely throws. This will be a very difficult game, but I hope we can make plays and make it interesting.

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see how we attack them offensively. Sanchez needs to have a big game if we're going to come out with a win.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

I would bet a VERY large sum of money Revis doesnt play next week. If he plays a game the rest of the season I will be surprised.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. Some things looked very optimistic when he left the game. Others didn't. Time will tell

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Jets will beat the overrated 9ers.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Honestly, I am expecting a loss... A win would be phenomenal. At least Minny showed anything can happen.

We arent going anywhere this season if Coples and Davis dont start contributing on D, Hill stays healthy and can actually catch a ball and Powell receives at least 60% of the carries.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If the Jets are "Fearing" an ACL injury for Revis, that means it is looking that way but it hasn't been confirmed. Revis is probably done for the year if they even suspect an ACL tear then it most likely is. They have pretty smart doctors in the locker room

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

i say the Jets win 17-16

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Keller has to play....right now Holmes is getting 15 targets a game against tight physical defenses. Keller. An help ease the pressure...especially without Willis playing.

Powell has to be the guy and they need to use the 49ers aggressive style against them with play action.

On defense vote is a back the jets can stop...and Alex smith is t a stud but he is very effective. Davis against the line backers will be ugly. Bell and Landry need to be big

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

low scoring game coming here i think...I like our chances

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

maybe get the screen game going. get powell out in space and negate the aldon smith pass rush. roll sanchez out and get holmes on some underneath stuff. hopefully keller is back and can get up the seam.this team is close. i know the bills game raised the bar but we expected some growing pains with the new offense so no panick yet. better communication on sme plays,sharper routes and a little better accuracy and this offense will hit its stride

on defense,gotta stop the run, bring 8 in the box and let smith beat us.a little harder to do without revis but it can be done. hopefully coples will get some p.t. and show some why we took him.
    stop the run pressure smith and keep sanchez upright and we can win.

16. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

This could get ugly.....I hope they don't get demoralized when they get punk'd with more physical players like they always do.

17. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez or Alex Smith?? I'd side with Dirty but is it correct to think that we have the QB advantage??

18. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I think there is next to no chance that Revis will play. However, I don't think his loss will be as important as some think.

Cromartie has always done a good job on Moss because Cromartie has the speed to match Moss and the size to match the size of Moss. Moss isn't the type to come over the middle on a slant, so I think Cromartie should be able to do a fine job.

Wilson needs to play better, most likely he will be going against Crabtree. I like what I have seen from Lankster, he is going to need to have a good game against Manningham who is a very dangerous receiver.

Besides that, we have to cover Vernon Davis. We always struggle with good TE's. The offense line really needs to protect Sanchez. Aldon Smith and co. will have a field day if we don't block well.

I like our WR match ups, if Holmes is locked in like this week, he could have a very good game. It will help getting Keller back, I hope he is close to 100% though.

Similar to against Miami, we won't be able to run the ball, lets hope Sanchez gets good protection from his lineman so he can have time to throw the ball. He needs to have a good game throwing the ball and we need big games from our wide receivers and TE's.

All Together, its certainly a winnable game. Their offense isn't conducive to blowing teams out. If we can get some points on the board, we have a chance. I expect a low scoring game, if we get a good game from Sanchez, the receivers, and our offensive line, we have a solid chance to win. Otherwise, it could look like the Baltimore game last year where the 49'ers defense has a great game.

19. The Unicorn

The Unicorn Member

A qb prone to mistakes like Sanchez can be a risk when facing a tough, aggressive defense like the Niners. Even if you give Sanchez the edge, he doesn't have much to work with in the receiving corps. It remains to be seen how effective Keller will be.

20. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I agree. Neither are great, neither are of Blaine Gabbert quality. The Jets give Sanchez more responsibility than San Francisco gives Smith, therefore more is made of how Sanchez plays than Smith. You rarely here Smith's name mentioned anymore because they are very conservative with how they run their offense in terms of QB importance.

Either way, I think the wide receivers and TE's of both teams will decide this game. If our receivers and TE's can have big games, we can put points on the board. We do need to stop Vernon Davis, and I worry about how Wilson and Lankster will play.