Bart Scott vs. Dan Leberfeld

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 21, 2012.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yep. Half-assed website still. But you're giving him hits just by posting that, which is basically why he did it in the first place.

Check out this sorry shit:

#42 abyzmul, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  3. chibucks

chibucks New Member

the jets need to pull his credential. sounds like he knew what buttons to push... just because he "felt like it". with the ticket prices where they're at, why don't the jets just pay the fine and have nobody available to the media and just freaking play ball.

4. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

Good for bart scott!

as much as I think Scott can be a loudmouth and thuggish, good for him for going after this Leberfeld character. the media now-and for many years-has been out-of-hand, abusing the freedom of the press. they have no qualms about posting distortions, lies and bs that cause athletes to defend themselves when they should not have to (see that piece of garbage on twitter with Robinson Cano). the sports media is about starting controversy, creating problems, turning fans against atheletes and they think they can do and say whatever they want, even if it destroys lives. now we have a whole generation of young shits who only know espn as what sports media should be-and no one has lowered the standards and intelligence of journalism that shit network. the media-especially espn-are filled with dickheads who think they are cool, always try to be funny and wiseass and have a waaay over inflated sense of their importance. their attitudes alone would get them their face pushed in in a bar somewhere...a bunch of non-athlete college jounalism majors who think their the shit, always go negative, always start bullshit-and they get to face no consequences?

I'm here to say I wish Scott had demolished this pussy and that more of them ought to grab some of these pusssies by the neck and teach them a lesson. the sports media needs to be cowed and neutered. a good beating will do just fine

and i cant stand how they always play the victim: we are just doing our job. bullshit

thats my rant and i am sticking to it!:beer:

#44 GRNYT, Sep 21, 2012
  5. abyzmul

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

this is such an amazing post that it certainly deserved its own thread.

7. abyzmul

I was thinking about starting a Bart Scott Should Have Punched Leberturd thread. Too soon?

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You could, but it would certainly get overlooked by my Bart Scott Should Have Punched Leberturd and Shit on His Wife's Tits thread.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

media acting like fucking tools constantly....good for bart

"This is Dan Leberfield, Jets Confidential" Shut up tool.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

couldnt agree more

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

A reporter should be allowed to take a picture of a player in the locker room during times the media is allowed in there.

But Dan Leberfeld (Jets Confidential)... He had it coming. Putting Bart Scott's friend on the cover is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life. [edit: I figured it had to be someone relevant, just realized it was Brandon Jacobs, still ridiculously pointless]

From what it sounds like, he did enough to provoke Bart. And Bart has openly made it clear he doesn't like the media, so given the background of the situation, I don't blame Bart at all. It's Dan Leberfeld (Jets Confidential)!

You still shouldn't threaten a reporter in a locker room, but Dan Leberfeld (Jets Confidential) provoked him.

This guy is LOVING the free publicity he gets out of this.

#51 Jetfanmack, Sep 21, 2012
  12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I wish I could remember all the classic Dan Leberfield (Jets Confidential) moments under Mangini. I just remember there being tons.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Somehow I think if Bart would have tried to hit him Leberfield would have avoided the hit like most other people Scott has tried to hit this season. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't go after Leberfield, the last thing we needed was Scott missing and hitting whoever has his locker next to Scott giving them a concussion.

14. yahoo

yahoo Banned

Wow, this is news. Bart Scott almost made a key hit.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's not like he hit him or went at him. He went up to him, and faced off. Yes, people separated them, but it sounds like he just confronted him.

And it sounds like Leturdfield is outside the intent of the rule -- photographing him in the locker room, at a time he's not being interviewed on the record. He's using the fact that he was talking to a reporter as an excuse to take his photo (the only time you can). But I think that rule is meant to cover when the player is making himself for interview. You're not supposed to take surrepticious shots in the locker room. Players need to be able to trust that they're not on film unless they've prepared themselves (dress wise and mentally) to interact with the press.

On his website, he even says he took one photo he can't use, because Scott was not fully dressed (and there's a rule the player has to be fully dressed). I'm sure it wasn't with dong hanging, but it still shows these photos were outside the rules and taken at an inappropriate time.

16. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

"I'll sue you' What a fucking pussy.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

This is simply a minor thing that in today's 24/7 "freak out" media world becomes a big issue.

#58 CowboysFan, Sep 21, 2012
  19. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Sounds like both these guys are getting far more press than they deserve if you ask me.

20. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member