Bart Scott vs. Dan Leberfeld

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 21, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    Bart Scott just had to be separated from reporter Dan Leberfeld in the locker room. Bizarre scene.

Jets PR guy Bruce Speight stepped in front of Scott. Only thing that seemed to prevent fisticuffs.

Incident triggered by Leberfeld taking a phone pic of Scott, who responded by telling him to “get a life.” Threats & puffed chests ensued.

Scott threatened to punch Leberfeld, who said, “Yeah, and I’ll sue you!” Scott responded: “I don’t care!”

Some color: Jets PR guy Bruce Speight had to use both hands to Scott’s chest and ask for help from PR aides to keep Scott away.

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

christ, cue the music and the high wire act. This locker-room trash is getting old...There was a time when I was sooo excited to see the JEts on ESPN ect... Now I just turn the TV off. Shut up and play

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Scott would have tore him to shreds.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

To be fair...Leberfeld is a huge prick.

5. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

The media needs to be accountable for this bs they feed the public. Between the instigation and Tebowmania, it’s all media created and fed to the masses creating a skewed perception.

This sounds like instigation on Leberfeld's part

6. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

I'm getting sick of this guy even if the slimeball did deserve to get hit. Big talking Bart Scott barking away again. Too bad he can't use his big mouth to make tackles. He'd never miss anyone.

7. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

Wasn't Leberfeld the same guy who had Laveraneus (sp?) Coles ready to kill him too?

Apparently he's a man who wants to get punched by a pro football player.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

shoulda just stuffed him in a locker.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I have always thought that it would take a completely disastrous season (5-11 or worse) for there to be any chance that Ryan would lose his job, but this is the kind of garbage that can change that. The media have created the image of the Jets being out of control, and this kind of asinine behavior from Scott only reinforces that. If this kind of coverage continues all year, a 7-9 record could easily be enough to make Johnson want to pull the plug on Ryan in order to appease the media hordes.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'd like to know what Leberfeld said in response to Bart's "Get a life" comment which, really, isn't that offensive or aggressive or anything. But if Leberfeld said something antagonistic then I don't really blame Bart for reacting the way he did. He's outlined he doesn't want to speak to the media and then a member of the media takes an unwanted photo of him and then goes on to antagonize him? (Again, assuming he said something back to Bart that set him off)

I don't know if they can do it but I would suspend his media pass if possible. Doing it for someone being critical is one thing and just leads to further bad press, doing it because he's antagonizing players and threatening to sue them is another thing entirely and fully justified IMO.

11. grkmanga31

Leberfeld is the scum of the earth. He instigated it by trying to take a picture of Scott and everyone knows Scott isn't a big fan of the media. His can't wait rant and response to the circus newspaper article displays that. Shame on the media for instigating a lot of shit.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

stop searching out news if the game is all you are interested in.

13. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain New Member

Oh man, he wanted to take a picture of Scott, how dare he!

All you defending Scott need to step off his dick, he gets paid a lot of money to speak with the media, that's part of his job.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Leberfeld is a talentless, bottom-feeding bird dropping that can barely justify a press pass, every single presser he has to plug his half-assed website prior to asking a question, which results in Rex looking at him like he is an insect.

There is no doubt that he said something antagonistic, and if anyone understands the situation here, we should just let this thread die to avoid giving him any more free publicity.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

taking a picture of a player for official press duties isn't out of line. Bart Scott wanting a picture taken or not is irrelevant, the press is given the right to do so.

the question becomes was this a picture for his actual press duties? how many published pictures are taken with camera phones by the reporters and not actual photographers? Is Leberfield's press credentials as a reporter or photographer? if he is just a reporter, he has no business taking pictures of the players because it is outside the scope of his duties the NFL may be giving him permission to perform.

and if he isn't given permission to photograph players in the locker room, his credentials certainly should be stripped and Scott should have been allowed to jutifiably kick the shit out of him.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good to see the veteran leadership on this team really holding it together and acting professionally on and off the field, totally following the lead of their coach.

17. grkmanga31

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Photo-taking was not an isolated incident. Scott became upset when Leberfeld tried to take a picture of him talking to reporter Wednesday.

18. grkmanga31

Jane McManus ‏@janesports
    Leberfeld asked on Sirius if he thought Scott would become physical, "I never thought it was going to get to that point." #Jets #NFL

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

To all the picture takers!!! TO ALL THE PICTURE TAKERS!!!!! Especially you, DAN LEBERFELD!!!!!

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

True, Bart is all talk no walk. He can't tackle much less fight.