Holes & Separation (A Non-Divorce Story)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soh_vet, Sep 21, 2012.

1. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Watching the the vaGiants last night, with all their injuries on offense, they looked unstoppable. Barden, Barnett, Brown? These non-household names look like world-beaters (thankfully i picked Brown up in my FF and started him).

What irks me? Barden was open all day (100+ yds in 1st half). Brown was patient and found running lanes (100yds 1st half). Why can't the Jets mimic this? Why does Greene lower his head after gaining a yard and fall for 2 more yds? Why can't our receivers create space between them and the DB's? It seems like we play the tightest coverage wk in, wk out (I know CAR concentrated on Cruz and the Steelers play tight coverage). Give the the giants GM credit, he finds a lot of talent.

It just baffles me how a depleted, short wk team can dominate, while even when the Jets do dominate (Buffalo 1st half), they still make it nail biting. (13pt lead 2nd half). Giants put the dagger in 4th Qtr.

I'm sick of hearing about "speed" guys at WR? If Holmes, Hill or Kerl can't separate, they're useless shites. I'll take the giants #4 WR (Barden) over our whole WR core. Andre Brown? I'd practice squad Greene to get him on the team. Shit even their LB's (up and down) look better than anything we have.

This is a useless post and I'm just venting cause i hate the midgints (even though i bet them +3 - trying to hedge it), but they made everything look easy last night and I know Miami is going to give us fits and it'll be the GJC 2.0, God kicks the Jets (ps their is no doG).

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I honestly think that had more to do with the Panthers defense & secondary being awful last night than the Giants receivers being good.

3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Brown looked really good last night. He was running hard, breaking tackles, and making people miss (most Jets fans will have a hard time visualizing that considering our RB does none of those things). Hard to believe this is the same guy who bounced around between several teams. Last night he just earned himself a share of the PT even when Bradshaw comes back.

4. soh_vet

I'd probably agree. Can't say I know much about Carolina other than their QB. They looked like dogshit. But still, with the giants injuries on the OLine and WR and RB, they looked amazing. To bad carolina isn't on our schedule.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Hard to gauge really how well these "nobody's" did, for lack of better word. The Panthers defense is terrible and their secondary is probably one of the worst in the NFL. Very tough to judge, but I do tend to agree with you about Greene. I love the guy, but damn he needs to concentrate more on finding a hole rather than just hitting the first guy in sight.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Just curious...why do you love the guy? Because he wears a green jersey? I mean, really, whats to love about the guy? He fuckin sucks. Do you know him personally maybe? Dying to know what about the guy it is that you love.

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That game was horrible. I turned it off in the 2nd quarter. The panthers defense used to be good.

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

1) the panthers were also missing one of their best skill players
    2) the panthers were on a short week, too
    3) the panthers are starting a rookie 5th rounder at corner, their secondary is terrible
    4) there were no nail biting moments in the second half of the bills game

its okay, the giants are a good team and they should beat average teams ... i didnt think it would be a beat down but beating carolina and the bucs does not make them world beaters

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

come on folks the giants are the superior team here, everyone knows that.

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Remember, the Giants also have Eli.

I like Mark and think he can get the job done in the right situation, however, he can not do what Eli can.

Eli would be very successful with the Jets current receivers.

11. soh_vet

i didn't know CAR was that bad on D. The rookie LB looks ok, but everyone looked like dogshit.

Nail biting moment in JETS/BUF - up 13, 6min to go, onside kick. had they grabbed that instead of Holy Boy, i couldn't see them stopping them for a score considering the 21 they just let up and the offense sputtered most of the 2nd half (minus final drive to seal it).

The difference is, Barden #4WR gets open and holds on to the ball. 50/50 Holmes would drop it and complain to ref. As much as it pains me to say it, I agree, Sanchy is not at Eli's level.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

More evidence that Eli is elite. He's carrying the team on his back just like last season. I honestly didn't think they could overcome the injuries. Bennett and Brown racked up big time fantasy points as well. I just wish I didn't start Steve Smith. After game 1 I thought the giants were done for but they are a good team. Newton was under pressure all game long. The Dline made up for the other issues and for some reason the oline dominated with Deihl out. If our line could create holes like that, Greene would feast. Carolina's secondary was terrible. It's not like the Giants were playing the Steeler's defense here, lets be realistic before making silly comparisons.

#12 Barcs, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i get what youre saying, but the bills hadnt come close to stopping the jets all day ... we clearly let our foot off of the gas and i had no doubt we would score on them, if necessary

so holmes would have dropped half of those passes? cmon son

barden wasnt getting open, they were literally leaving him wide open ... the panthers dared him to beat them and he got his rocks off

barden is a former 3rd round pick, he has a lot of talent, hes #4 (soon to be #3) because the giants are loaded at WR ... he did hold on to the ball tho

and of course sanchez isnt on eli's level, eli was no where close to his current level early in his fourth season, either

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

His rookie year, the playoffs, Cincinatti, San Diego. He had me too for a bit.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I watched the game.

The Giants dominated.

They did an outstanding job with Cam Newton. They made excellent adjustments from the Dallas game when they couldn't contain Romo and he extended the play.

They did not allow Newton to bounce outside at all so he couldn't extend the play and make completions with broken coverages.

The Giants won this game, Carolina did not beat themselves.

Credit to all of the guys who stepped up in the spot of the injured players.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

He HAD you. But not anymore right? I loved him for about 3 plays in his entire career. I was just shocked to see someone say now that they love him.

17. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Eli, like just about any QB, gets gun shy when hit, like Sanchez did alot the second half of last year as well as this past Sunday.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Panthers defense was atrocious. Manning had a clean pocket for 4+ seconds on most plays and the db's were playing 10 yards off the receivers. While the Giants defense played very well, the offense looked like they just took advantage of a shit bag defense all night to me.

19. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

IMO, the main thing in the Giants dismantling of CAR, was Eli had almost NO PRESSURE on him all game long.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

100% agree. didn't want to state the obvious.

I was more impressed with the Giants' handling of Newton after how bad they looked with a lesser athletic mobile QB in Romo.