SNF Pre-game show

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Heavy Metal Thunder, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Heavy Metal Thunder

Did anyone else that watched the SNF Pre-game show get the feeling that they made a conscious effort to report as little as possible about the Jets victory? Since the media thought it was such a HUGE storyline that the Jets offense looked so ineffective going into the season, shouldn't it be an equally big storyline that they hung 48 points on their opponent week 1?

No mention of the Jets in the opening highlights from around the league, saw many highlights from other games 2-3 times during the show before they even got to the Jets/Bills recap which wasn't until more than halfway through the show. They showed the 7 must see plays of the day and didn't include Kerley's punt return TD even though Kerley's performance today set some franchise records. When they did the Jets/Bills highlights there was virtually no mention of the Jets proving a firestorm of doubt from the media wrong (I mean how many times do I have to hear a media robot use the word "anemic" to describe the Jets offense). Then afterwards, you still hear Tony Dungy say "well let's see if Sanchez can do it again in week 2" meanwhile he doesn't need to see RG3 do it again week 2 cause Dungy's already put him in Canton. Then when they pick their "winners of the week" Roidney Harrison picks the Falcons... a team some many pick to contend for the NFC championship for beating the Chiefs.

Am I just drinking the Bart Scott kool-aid and being overly sensitive or did anyone feel this way?

#1 Heavy Metal Thunder, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Didnt really give it a second thought,all that matters is we are 1-0!

3. jaybny

jaybny Banned

so what - who gives a shit. see if they ignore us at 6-0.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we beat the Bills. whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It was a whirlwind update of the day's action -- they spent almost no time on each game.

6. Heavy Metal Thunder

You're right. It just seemed blatant to me, then again I might be looking for it.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

we undefeated nothing else matters, Rex got this team so focused so fuck the media I'm worried about the Jets and nothing else

8. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Just relish our victory and forget about the media and what all others think about us. :beer:

9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I was a little surprised by how little NBC touched on the Jets offensive explosion, however, fyi, ESPN spent a good deal of time reacting to the Jets offensive prowess.

10. reverseapachemaster

You know Monday will be all about the Jets and whether Tebow is responsible for the win with his 12 yards.

11. Heavy Metal Thunder

See that reaction that irritates me too. So let me get this straight... it's supposedely a big deal when we don't look good in practice games in preseason; BUT it's not a big deal when we look good in a divisional win in the regualar season which actually counts?

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I'd prefer to stay underrated/under-the-radar.

13. Heavy Metal Thunder

I agree. I know I sound like I'm complaining but truth be told, I love it when the media and fans of the other 31 teams hate on the Jets... Why?... Cause f*ck them, that's why.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Jets scored 48. Not Jets offense. (Special teams: 13, including 2 kicks, and defense: 7)

2. IDGAF.

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Harrison says his team hes impressed with was New England.

16. Heavy Metal Thunder

Field goals always count for the offense, so sure, if you discount the ST and Defensive points the Jets offense still hung 34 points on the Bills. Still a story worth mention considering all the weight the media gave the preseason scoreless streak. And it's not just the number of points. The Jets offensive line and allegedly weak WR corps was a main storyline going into week 1. OL played great and the unproven WR's stepped up so I want to see the media eat some crow.

17. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

shocker!!!!!

18. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

what I will say is that if the jets had lost it would be one of the picture headlines on espn.com. nope, not there.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

no you are right and Tony Dungy had to make it a point to warn everyone that "it will be a different game against the Steelers" right before the Steeler defense got put on electric rails by Manning and company.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The media has gotten burned over the years jumping on the Jets bandwagon just as it went up in flames. I'm not surprised at all that they're not talking about the Jets win much. Give the Jets about a half a season of great football and people will jump on.

2005 was brutal. Everybody was on board, even Peter King, and then Chad got hurt early and the Jets collapsed and I think that was the last time the national media had a fairly universal positive view of the franchise.