2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Have the Giants ever sold out a game in the new stadium? I don't think they have...

last year...average

2 NY Giants 8 635,800 79,475
    3 NY Jets 8 631,888 78,986

congrats to the giants...a whole 489 more fans per game.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Aren't all Giant seats PSLs including the upper deck? What does that mean exactly then that those seats have never been sold or people that own the PSLs didn't renew their tickets and lost their PSLs?

3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Footbawl Friday is heah! We will tawwkk about da Yanks for 4 owwiz, bash da classless Jets, den pick dem to covah.

Back aftah dis.

4. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Your avi makes me want to vomit...

... aware

5. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Exactly. More like 7-9 in 2011 with no running game, a terrible o-line, and an offense ranked in the bottom 1/4 of the league. Not to mention the defense gave up way too many points for team that was 5th in total defense. I would expect a better defense especially in the scoring department and the offense can't play any worse than last year. Will the offense be good enough to get us to 10 + wins I don't know but we will find out. I'm optomistic they will be better for two main reasons. Howard replacing Hunter, Hunters play last year single handedly destroyed us, And i think everyone is focusing on Sanchez and the tebow dynamic but not enough people are talking about how Sanchez won't have the pressure he has had in the past to get the ball to all these receivers. I really think Sanchez looks more comfortable than ever and hopefully with all the non proven wideouts we have he will fall easily into the leadership role and take his game up a level.

6. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

hah nice. did he pick the jets to cover today? i'm sure he did.

every time he picks the jets he says the same thing 'i don't like doing this but...!'

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Giants clearly outsell the Jets but Fatcessa makes it like its such a huge margin. Its very small and the Giants dont even come close to selling out either so hes one to talk.

8. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

How many times do we have to hear the Jets don't sell out the stadium? The Giants don't either!!!

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They never have its such double standard. The jets sell 95 percent and giants are selling 97 percent.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So his team got decimated and this is all that scumsucker can come up with? "durrr, well at least we sell more tickets!" Francesca should be wearing the clown makeup.

11. allan1

allan1 Active Member

FYI the Giants didn't even sell out their post super bowl opener

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's hard to sell 150k+ tickets at the prices the Jets and Giants are charging. Particularly with the PSL's that require you to make a long-term commitment if you want season tickets.

I had NY Liberty season tickets for 4 years in a row and the thing that kept me coming back was a good team, a relatively cheap price - about $25 a game, and the fact that I didn't have to factor in a PSL that cost several seasons worth of ticket prices into the deal.

I had a partial season to the Yankees with a few friends in the mid to late 90's and it was the same thing: good team, reasonable prices and no long-term pressure. I didn't even particularly like the Yankees, being a Met fan, but if I wanted to go see a game a week with my friends that's the one they wanted to see.

I'd never buy tickets to the Jets or Yankees at this point on other than a single-game basis, and even then only if I saw them cheap online and could snap them up at a real discount.

One of the kids really wanted to go see Derek Jeter a few years ago with a few of her friends for her birthday. I priced the trip out at close to $1000 bucks and said no. I felt bad doing it but $1000 bucks is a stupid silly price to pay for family entertainment. We wound up taking a bunch of kids on the Circle Line and then to a movie and out to dinner at Carmines instead. The total bill on the day was about $700. For 10 friends not the 4 she wanted to go the game with.

To this day I don't understand how the Yankees sell tickets to families. In the mid 90's I paid $23 a seat for pretty good seats just past first base and near the loge. That seat is $184 today.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Keep in mind that about a 1/4 of the crowd was Cowboys fans, when someone brought that up to Francessa he was like "well there is always Cowboys fans wherever you go, they are everywhere"

Imagine a Jets Super Bowl parade?if the the Jets ever win a Super Bowl, the parade would be the biggest parade NY has ever seen.....

14. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Francesa probably thinks Rodney Hampton was better than Curtins Martin

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, because Giants/Parcells/Martin.

If you can find a way to admit that a great player is great while staying inside your worldview that's always better than trying to contrive a reason that they are not.

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I don't think he picked them this week. Youuuustin was one of the picks and I didn't catch the rest.

He just said though that Da Jets should win against the Bills. So basically no matter what happens it will be either "Who cahezzzzz you were supposed to win" or "Ya lawst to da Bills! Da Jets are in trouble"

17. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Bingo to the bolded text. It's a rough "investment" that both teams are asking fans to make. I also think the "NY is a HUGE market" gets overplayed at times. There is a great opportunity to move merchandise, but tickets are not the same story. NY is a baseball town, a fan torn between getting Yankees/Mets tickets as opposed to getting Giants/Jets tickets is probably going to go the baseball route.

Also, PSLs are the devil.

18. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

jets win and 'dey beddah have won. dey got da steeliz and nineizzz 2 out of the next 3 weeks. 2 lawses. miami sandwiched in. maybe dey can stawt 2-2 now.'

in the past i've said i'd never listen when the jets lost and I gave him. this year? not a chance. the jets are now getting bashed by not just new york, but the entire nation thanks to tebow.

19. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Send in the clowns

[​IMG]

20. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

The Bills were not the clowns?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.