I just don't get it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 26, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How can anyone watch this guy play QB and think he's any good? I mean he's a good scrambler and all, but he's really really bad at passing the ball.

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

whats even better is watching skip bayless tweet about how none of this is tebows fault

he's pretty much blamed everyone on the team except tebow himself.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Because he's getting better. Because he's running plays built for someone else, and is growing in his proficiency at them. Because he has a good strong arm ( by NFL standards). Because about 3 times a game, he rips off a throw that looks awesome. Because (perhaps due to his running ability), he has honed a sense of play-making instincts that will prove useful in the passing game, once he can reduce the number of moving parts for himself and do it naturally. Because he's still throwing it for distance, eschewing the short check downs (which will one day improve his percentage and also his effectiveness).

This next part is the part where you pretend you asked for reasons why he's the best in the league. Just remember, you asked how can we think "he's any good."

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

3 times a game isn't going to cut it. I won't argue he has a good pass here and there but that's not going to be good enough. He makes a lot of really bad passes, holds the ball way too long way too often and seems to have a lot of trouble going through progressions. I mean the Fran Tarkenton impressions are fun but WTF?

5. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

That INT was great. :lol:

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

So he good because he makes 3 good throws a game? Maybe he was not meant to be a NFL QB.

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Except nothing you said in this post is true.

He missed wide open receivers against 2nd and 3rd string defenders. He overthrew receivers by 5+ yards. He threw an embarrassing pick. He still has zero field vision. He still locks on to his first receiver. His footwork is still atrocious. His progressions are still non-existent.

He still.... sucks.

Perhaps he isn't praying hard enough.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It was one of the more ridiculous INT's you'll see in the NFL.

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

NO NO all them over throws he was throwing the ball away. Lol

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I don't think even our rookie Tannehill would ever make that throw...:rofl2:

11. boarder40

boarder40 New Member

As a traditional, under center QB, right now Tebow is still a below average passer. As you could tell from the 2 minute drill, he is much better out of the shotgun in a more wide open type of offense. He is such an enigma because he can have a great scramble for a first down, nice throw over the middle, and then throw a God awful interception.

I don't quite understand why Jet fans have any reason to hate him. They got him for a reasonable 4th round pick (not much to lose). The team brought him in to run the Wildcat, not to be their starting QB. Play to his strengths and I think he can really help the team at times.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He didn't look much better out of the shotgun to me.

I don't hate him, I just don't think he's a good QB at all. I think he's going to make plays for us this year.

And what's the deal with him taking a snap under center? He can't take the snap and drop like every other QB in the NFL? He has to pause for a second while everyone else is already in motion?

13. phaytal

phaytal New Member

It has nothing to do with what the Jets paid for him. Yes, he was cheap. Yes, the trade justified his overall value based purely on his athleticism. The Jets were one of two teams willing to even give up a 4th, and if Tebow was willing to play fullback, or even tight end, you guys got a steal.

That said, what he brings with him is a venomous fan base that thinks that he can do no wrong. He brings with him a front page media article whether he rides pine, plays shitty, or makes a couple of plays. His mere presence encourages uncertainty and dismay.

Step back and read some of the idiotic posts by the folks that have registered on this board around April of last year. They are hysterical. I migrated from my beloved Broncos board because I think the drama this bible banging moron brings with him is comedy gold.

#13 phaytal, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  14. CertifiedClutch

they should consider him as a wild cat player, special team player or maybe try him out at TE. dude is built like a truck and is tough as nails.

15. boarder40

boarder40 New Member

Most of your criticism is definitely valid. A lot of his bad habits should have been corrected in high school/college ball.

Funny thing about this game is that Cam's stats weren't much better. Not saying Cam isn't a much better passer, just saying for this one game stats were close...

Glad to see you say he make some plays to help the Jets.

16. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Bro, you might have some serious daddy issues or something. Take a break and enjoy life. The guy can do good things and bad. Who really cares, you act like a middle schooler that makes fun of a girl because he likes her. There might be a trend here.

17. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Tebow has already come out to say that he will not change positions. He wants to be a quarterback, and nothing more. Just based on how physically talented he is naturally, he would dominate be a dominate H-Back, or Tight End. He has already made it clear that he is a QB or bust.

Kinda looks like bust to me.

18. reverseapachemaster

There was nothing proficient about his play tonight. He threw a couple good passes and had one good run. He was running very vanilla offensive plays. Those aren't built for "someone else" they are built for every QB to be able to run. I guess you mean he's running plays that don't require the entire offense to learn a different scheme just to accommodate his inabilities at the position.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It was pretty bad....

20. boarder40

boarder40 New Member

I think more "venom" comes from people like you who refuse to give him any credit what so ever. Most of us Tebow fans will readily admit he needs to greatly improve in many areas. We just want to see it be played out. Maybe all he can ever be is a backup/Wildcat kind of player or maybe he can slowly keep getting better and at some point be a successful starting QB...