Time to bring back Kareem McKenzie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Aug 19, 2012.

1. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Take this with a grain of salt but I heard from Travis laboys friend that he is trying to sign with the broncos or jets. Could be the blocking TE we need.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

we don't gotta bring in an injured fat slob w/a bad attitude who is worse than WFH. F Otah.

3. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

WFH gave up a sack to McIntyre (!) today in as a jumbo TE with the second team... :(

4. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I am pretty sure if we traded a draft pick for a good RT no one would be complaining. Even if we gave up a 2nd or 3rd round pick I would be all for it.

That was the plan for Ducasse when we drafted him, the fact that he is not a starter yet really is a bad sign.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Okay so the season is less than 3 weeks away and we still have not traded for a RT ? You mean to say that the organization really feels comfortable with this bafoon at RT ? It is unreal that Wayne Hunter is still on this team,let alone our starter ! I did not agree with everything that Parcells said or did but can you imagine the quotes if he was still here ? He made Hugh Douglas cry can you imagine what he would be saying about Hunter ? He would publicly be saying that WFH sucked and you can be damn straight that we will bring someone in to improve the position,,,NOT coddling him and saying " he did some good things out there " ! I like Rex and used to have faith in Tanny but it's time to bite the bullet and admit mistake NOW! Burn the phone lines and make a trade for a healthy guy that can actually pass a physical,,,,,,,,or do prefer they wait until teams make cuts next week ?

#85 CBG, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna assume they're waiting for cuts to happen. But knowing Tanny he'll probably keep Hunter as the starter.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

When did Rex say Hunter did some good things out there? Not dating to seasons past when he actually did do some positive things.

8. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Knowing Tanny he's gonna wait till after Week 1 so he doesn't have to guarantee the entire years pay to the guy. That's what happens when you have an accountant for a GM, everythings about numbers not football.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

This isn't the Mets. Tanny has us at the cap every year and in 2010 way above it. There is plenty of things to criticize Tanny on without having to make shit up.

10. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

They've got about $6 million in cap space right now. They need a starting RT more than anything else. Still I think we don't get one.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

So who? Which free agent could we have gotten or who should we get now? Its not like we are going grocery shopping.

12. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Mckenzie is out there. Tony Pashos is out there. A few others right now too. They should all at least be brought in for a workout shouldn't they? This is serious stuff here, an answer must be found and it must be found RIGHT NOW.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Those 2 guys would be the ultimate last resort. Both are what 33. I'm all for bringing one of them in and I'm sure Tanny will bring in another RT before the preseason is over but I hope when he does its not someone on the wrong side of 30.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tanny isn't in a position to be picky. He should be bringing in any available free agent that they think may be able to compete for the job and he should be doing it now.

Waiting for cuts to happen sounds nice and maybe that's eventually where we find our stop gap answer, but what if no one worthwhile gets cut? What's your backup plan? You also have to consider it's going to take some time for a new right tackle to get up to speed with this offense.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Sure bring them in for a workout but if we are depending on Mckenzie to save our season its not going to end well. I think someone who has gotten a workout at this point and gets cut will be better then the 33 year old who hasn't even gotten a try out in late August.

I'd like to see Austin Howard get a chance at starting this next preseason game. He's played better then Hunter which is not all that hard.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea - bring them in for a workout - see where they are physically. No stone unturned, that's what Tanny always blabs about. So why don't we hear about him taking any action here?

I realize we're not going to know about all the daily calls Tanny is making throughout the league but we should at least be hearing about people being brought in for workouts.

We hear nothing except "we're not worried". Well you should be worried.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The obvious answer here is to maximize the cap savings by bringing in a guy after week 1, when he is desperate for a job.

Things like actually teaching him the offense that the rest of the team is learning from scratch and giving him some real practice time with the offense before the season are secondary to the cap.

The cap is god under Tannenbaum. It's the one thing he really understands about football. All the rest of that stuff is just smoke and mirrors that get interpreted by other people for him.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Even if it's a cap issue, why not bring them in for a workout now to see who may be fit for the job?

Tanny is really playing with fire on this one. IMO this could cost him his job - and should if Sanchez suffers a serious injury or the offense remains stagnant.

19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Tanny would be mental to leave hunter as the RT of this team. We all know what he brings to the table as a player and it's nothing positive. As for Howard I'd like to see him get a shot with the 1's for the game against calorina but if he doesn't it mite just mean that he is just as bad as wayne if not worse. If this is true, Tanny better be putting trade packages together. We need an RT. At this point I could care less if its a stop gap player who has 1 year left in the tank or someone who we can sign long term. Something needs to be done. The season is almost here. We need to get this shit together or else we can kiss our season goodbye.

20. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

What stops Tanny from signing McKenzie or Pashos as a backup? This would at least provide a somewhat serviceable Plan B, and then still have maybe $4 million to offer another starting RT if one becomes availiable after cuts start happening. On the other hand, maybe they sign Mckenzie or Pashos and these guys show they can get the job done as a #1 RT and you've just solved your problem for a low number... Then you re-sign Plaxico for a low number and you've solved your RT and reciever depth issue and you're still under the cap.