Time to bring back Kareem McKenzie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Where have you been, son? C'mon, man.

Welcome to the bandwagon.

2. Bill Belidouche

oh shit. making room for hunter's replacement, I see.

3. Banjo

Banjo Banned

Carl Nicks would have been nice, even if it took 47 million dollars

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well IMO the place where we wiffed on a tackle was the draft. i'll admit, if i was gm i would draft front seven defense all the freakin time - but we should have taken someone higher than we did.

i kinda like the coples pick but we see now that the better pick for the team would have been OL.

oh well

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

A lot of times when you draft a specific position you get an inferior player. Back in the 80s we took O-linemen in the first two rounds after O'Brien was sacked like 62 times, the second rounder didn't even make the team and the first rounder underachieved for about 7-8 years. Easy to say we should have but maybe there's a reason we didn't.

6. 818JET

818JET New Member

what about going back to otah again? any news on that guy?

7. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

hes a guard bro...nice try

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Tell that to Woody, his awful obsession with PSLs and exposure instead of addressing real needs. When the move was made I can't believe people didn't see this coming. Woody shouldn't have any say in whom the Jets acquire. He's killing the team

9. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

trade revis

.... just kidding. in full seriousness though, if we need to do a trade i'd totally be OK with trading cro or kyle wilson as i believe we have good depth at CB. i just don't know the cap implications of doing that

10. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

I dont understand why you guys dont just put Tim Tebow at RT.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Hunter took a rep as Jumbo TE with second-team offense. McIntyre beat Hunter for "sack." #nyj

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

[YOUTUBE]jsaTElBljOE[/YOUTUBE]

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

In hindsight, Hunter coming in and performing admirably in place of Woody at the end of the year and playoffs 2 years ago is what caused this disaster. If he performed then the way he has since he never would've been signed to the contract he has.

While I agree that Tanny dropped the ball at RT this year. But based on Hunter's 2010 performance I'm sure he assumed the position had been addressed. Hindsight is always 20/20, but Tanny had a full year last year to evaluate Hunter and he had to recognize that RT was/is a need position this offseason.

14. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Fucking Siupeli Malamala would be an upgrade at this point.

15. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Do you think they could make an offer to Joe Kelco, Im sure he is still in good shape and could play RT better then WFH. Just dreaming here. GO JETS

16. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head here. Tanny got a pass last year based on how well Hunter prformed in the Playoffs in 2010. However, Hunter was one of the worst linemen in football last year and to not address it this year is a massieve mistake (most on this board would have addressed it). Now we are stuck, unless we win the lottery and a decent tackel gets cut before the season starts.

Again, to not address this position via FA or the draft is a rookie mistake by Tanny; not to mention the roll of the dice on the WR and RB positions. Compund this with us trading for TT and using 5 Million on a part time player (dynamic or not) is not what this team needed.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

With my limited knowledge of offensive lines, I would think RT would be the most difficult position to play. I know LT (QB's blind side) is where the money's at, but teams live and die by RT play even more so.

RG's and RT's by definition are brutes...350lb+ road graders all teams run behind. Most teams run almost exclusively to the right side for this reason (fleet of foot LT's are notoriously bad road graders).

But with the pass happy NFL of late, RT's also have to play to the level of LT's in pass protection, especially teams with the left handed QB (like us). Mario Williams, Tuck, Osi, all the great pass rushers will attack the right side just as much as the left side.

So....we want a 350lb+ road grader to sustain a lethal ground and pound rushing attack blasting defensive lineman off the ball who can suddenly 'morph' into a Left Tackle ballerina with super fast feet and above avg quickness on passing downs.

Kinda like asking Revis to shut down Calvin Johnson 1 on 1 then move up to
    MLB and stop Jerome 'the bus' Bettis on 4th and inches with the game on the line.

I'm not making any excuses for Wayne Fucking Hunter, just pointing out that to me, RT seems to be the hardest position on the line just based on requirements.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If you are a running team RT and all O line positions are extremely important. Not to mention Tebow running the wildcat with Wayne Hunter watching his blind side could be bad. Im sure we will put our extra OL on the right side though.

19. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]1ytCEuuW2_A[/YOUTUBE]

20. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

I know Otah is a free agent, and I know he didn't pass his physical a few weeks ago but he can only be rehabbing. If we can sign him to a one year deal and try him out I'm all for it. Even if he isn't healthy until week 3. We gotta do something.