Elephant in the room: How soon till Tebow is the starter?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by davecrazy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow's play on the field has not threatened Sanchez yet. The fans and media (Tebowmania) will though soon enough. Not saying it is fair, but that is already happening.

I don't think Tebow has earned consideration for the starting job whatsoever at this point. Though, I do think he gives the Jets the best chance to win. At least he is threatening to score TDs, albeit against 2nd string defense with 2nd string offensive players (cancels out each other).

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

TEBOW sucks, plain and simple.
    People need to get over this shit, already.

3. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

then wins 7 of the next 8, 6th 4thquarter comebacks, loses last three, sneaks into the playoffs, shocks with a win, then a loss, all the while maintaining a subpar comp% to the mystification of pundits across the nation.

4. RevisApotheosis

RevisApotheosis New Member

Hey, any of you Tebow guys think maybe the guy could bulk up some more, you know, put some reps in at Right Tackle? He can't be any worse than what we have now...

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Wow that Von Miller sack is actually worse than the JPP ragdoll one last night.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh man if 8-8 gets us into the playoffs, I will be ecstatic. Will be tough, since you figure all 4 AFC West teams could be in the 8-8 range, 1 AFC South team, 2 AFC North teams and 2 AFC East teams. 8-8 getting in would be amazing. Unless of course 8-8 gets us the East, then oh man the Patriots really fell off hard.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I wasn't able to watch last night's game due to a backpacking trip, and read most of the comments and tweets before seeing it.

After reading the tweets, the commentary, and recaps, I was expecting much worse than I saw out of Tebow. He had some nice completions, a lot of his incompletions were throwaways, and his worst throws were a couple of short ones again.

I see improvement, I really do. He's running a conventional base offense in the preseason and doing it competently.

Still holds the ball, though.

8. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

See its bad when a QB misses a wide open reciever but usually that means the QB didnt see him...

Its really bad when you cant hit a guy like last night... I mean come on man.

That being said after watching last nights game Id like to see Tebow start....thats right.

We obviously got some serious Oline issues going on right now, the first few games are gonna be tough defenses, Tebow may stand a better chance of surviving the onslaught without injury.

Then once theyve hopefully worked out the kinks in the Oline and the world is calling for heads to roll because Sanchez is sitting on the bench, Sanchez comes back in and lights it up with a serious personal chip on his shoulder and all the looming tebow stuff out of the way.

Obviously im kidding but this is a real possibility if the Oline cant get better because at this rate Sanchez is sure to get hurt sooner or later.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i thought so too. i only saw him in the 3rd quarter so it may be skewed but he looked much better than he did all of last year. competent is a good way to put how he played.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Oh yeah let just start Tebow because we have a OL problem. Instead of fixing the OL problem.Let be real we have a WFH problem not a QB problem.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Well, after he looked pretty good on that first scoring drive, I kept thinking "the wheels must totally come off in the 4th quarter." But not really. The protection broke down, but it wasn't noticeably bad or anything.

12. reverseapachemaster

Tebow threw the same garbage passes in this game that he threw all last season. Too high, too low.

13. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

But he threw less of them than last year. And it's usually too short. His "too highs" are usually throw aways. And he throws away a lot because he either can't or doesn't have the confidence to make a particular throw.

That's what incremental progress means. But, if you're bound and determined to say that he's always been terrible; he is terrible; and he'll always be terrible then no one's going to change your mind.

#53 Apple Jack, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The only thing Tebow has going for him (and unfortunately due to our poor offensive line is a substantial advantage over Sanchez) is his ability to scramble.

Sanchez cannot or will not scramble and playing with 4 offensive lineman you need to be able to go. Sanchez goes though his reads slower than most QBs. By the time he's reading the second option, other QBs are already on the fourth read (or threw the ball already). Sanchez needs to make a direct read then a secondary read then take off because the defender is coming from the right side.

I'm not ready to give up on GQ but he will be on the pine if his line fails him, probably not due to his own fault, by week 4.

15. boarder40

boarder40 New Member

As an outsider looking in, it seems there is too much panic/focus on the QBs. Maybe during the real season, the Tebow 3 pt scoring drive would unfold differently. Tebow comes in and gets 3 first downs running the Wildcat. Sanchez then comes in and hits Hill for the TD. They actually compliment each other with their different skill sets.

We are forgetting that the Jet's coaching staff did not bring Tebow in to compete with Sanchez. It is the media who is doing that. As a Tebow fan, I of course want him to play well, but I have no axe to grind with Sanchez and also want to see him succeed.

I think (hope) the offense looks much different in the real season. That being said I would be very concerned about the pass protection and for a "ground and pound" team, can this line really move the pile? In the real season, hopefully we see the Wildcat on short yardage. They seem to really want to keep the Wildcat under wraps, which might be smart...

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think the throw to Hill near the end zone was not a bad one -- when a guy breaks open like that, just drifting, he needs to stop drifting. Dig in and come back to the ball.

Because the problem is the quarterback can't really lead the receiver -- he'll blast it over his head because the receiver is just tippy-toeing, waiving for the ball. Hill needs to cut that fade off when he's wide open -- plant a foot and cut somewhere, like back to the quarterback. I could see Tebow gesturing like he wanted him to be more decisive and plant.

17. catfish

catfish New Member

I wasn't too down on that throw either, although he probably should have planted and thrown it. I will take a second opinion on that one, if hill doesnt fall down is it a TD?

You could tell Tebow was pisssed about how the night went, it was maybe the most negative quotes from a postgame I have ever heard, and the on the field body language showed his frustration in the 4th quarter

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

When Wayne hunter gets Sanchez killed, which is gonna be pretty soon

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I agree, it was an awesome throw.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Oh come on? Here we go let not blame Tebow. Hill didn't fall down he drove to try and make the catch. Plus... How can u not get down him for that throw if he missed a wide wr for a TD.
    Not trying to be a smart ass but it shit like that that makes me pissed at u Tebow fans. Just say it was a bad pass and not make excuses.

#60 #1 Jets Fan, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012