Wayne Hunter Post Game Quote

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Aug 18, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Wow! Wayne Hunter is now the #1 Trending Topic Worldwide..........

2. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Maybe Hunter is just a Tebow fan?

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

maybe tebow laid hands upon hunter... hmmm interesting. maybe its gods will!

4. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Someone tell Hunter that offensive Right tackles arent supposed to do spin moves.

5. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

The Giants DE coach previously coached Bruce Smith and Jason Taylor and said JPP is the most talented player he's ever had.

JPP has a legit shot at the sack record. Dude is like 23 and a physical beast who never really played football in college. He already has a superbowl ring. The sky is the limit for him. So yeah, Hunter got destroyed by one of the best DEs in the game. Why was he given no help? A TE or RB, anything.

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Funny watching Hunter try to pass block someone decent. He looks like an arthritic gorilla with a giant pole up his ass. Guys body is more physically done than you can imagine. He literally has no flex, mobility or quickness. Dont they see this in practice?

I bet Sanchez knows just how bad he is though. Thus, the rushed and panicked throws and looks of disgust.

My guess is the Hunter issue will now be dealt with swiftly and deftly, its way too out in the open now thanks to the Tebow exposure.

7. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

At this point I'm almost hoping the Jets just sign that RT from Carolina and wait for him to get healthy/conditioned. an injured Otah I'm sure is better than a healthy WFH.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

If hunter is the starter opening day it is a major failure by this teams management and coaching staff and should move Tannenbaum and Ryan one step closer to the door

9. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

More likely theyre waiting for the cutdown next week and will raid the waiver wire. Problem is lots of teams need OL depth.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I haven't been the biggest Tanny fan out there, but I've given him his due.

But if Hunter is even close to being a starter in week one, I will light torches in front of Tanny's house.

Hunter is one of the worst offensive linemen this team has ever had.

11. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The very fact that we didn't even remotely address this issue in free agency confounds me. It was probably THE single most hot button issue affecting this teams success and Tanny sits on his fat knuckles and does nothing. I thought he was smart but now I'm not so sure.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I really wish one of our dickhead reporters would really grill Tanny on why he decided to guarantee this schmucks salary and not accept one of his typical canned responses as an answer. All canned responses should be met with "I WANT THE TRUTH!"

13. CertifiedClutch

had they not traded that 4th round pick for tebow, they could have used it to draft a RT or trade it along with a 6th or 7th round pick to move up and grab an offensive tackle. i'm pretty sure that player would've done a better than what hunter is doing right now.

14. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Looks like the hunted has become Wayne Hunter. NY flushing him down the toilet bowl.

15. abyzmul

The thing that should bother you more is that the Jets giftwrapped themselves a chance to remove Hunter from the team at no cost this offseason and they opted to keep him at his current price of way too much.

This situation is nothing but Tannenbaum's fault, even if by proxy of Terry Bradyway. The right side of the line looks almost as bad as the left side did 5 years ago. This is unforgivable.

16. abyzmul

You are a fucking retard.

17. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Oh it absolutely makes me crazy. All off season I expected some action on the OL and it didnt happen. wtf? And now the obvious is biting us in the ass again. Oh well. I dont own the team, but if I did...Tanny woulda made a move.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wayne Hunter didn't play last week when the offense was just as bad.

It isn't one guy although he's high up the list of unacceptable players if the Jets want to be competitive.

Off the top of my head the Jets need better play at RT, RG, LG and LT. They're going to get that out of D'Brick for sure but they may need to replace Slauson to get him there. Moore may just be having a slow start or he may be getting past the age where he is good. We'll see. Hunter and Howard are just hopeless. If that's what the Jets have at RT this year then RT is going to be like LG in 2007 and we're in real trouble now.

They need better play across the board at WR. The WR's they're playing now with all the injuries are a joke.

They need better play from Sanchez. He's going to have to develop coping skills for playing with a subpar line and receivers in a hurry. If he can't do this then his career with the Jets is most likely fading and we're going to take awhile to find another guy as good as him.

They need Tim Tebow to go away. I don't care what he brings in the wildcat or as the personal protector or any of that crap. It's not enough to make up for further destabilizing the QB position and potentially the clubhouse. This Jets team absolutely will not survive a QB controversy because while the first guy may or may not be good enough the 2nd guy sucks. That's just what it is.

Looking at the talent the Jets currently have available on the offensive side of the ball I expect them to win 4 to 6 games this season. This assuming no horrible injuries that further disrupt things.

19. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Hunter should do the honorable thing and just retire.

20. Nick

Nick Member

Wayne Hunter should quit and find a job working as a turnstile in an impoverished third world country, at least he would finally find something he's good at.