Abandoning Ship!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by laxin, Aug 18, 2012.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Fuck the Jets! This team sucks! Fire everyone! This season is dooooooooooomed.

Okay, well lets get real here people.

Yes, Hunter was beyond terrible... Words can not explain it, but the season isnt lost. It is the second preseason game, and we did face the defending champs and the best front 7 in football.

Yeah, we should be concerned, but all is not lost.

The defense did look good and thats a plus. Sanchez did pretty well for what he had, 9-11 is good and thats with a drop. The pick was a bad decision and worse throw, but its not the end of the world. Rivers threw 2 picks today, the Manning’s each threw one, ect.

We need to fix the gaping hole at RT, so lets just worry about that now and not completely throw in the towel just yet.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The defense looks great to me.

The offense just looks awful. I can chalk part of that up to bad pass protection, but it's looked really bad over the two games.

I've watched every Jets game, even through the Kotite years so I'm not throwing in the towel. But damn, it's hard to watch an OLine like this after how beautiful 2008 was with the real "Ground and Pound"

4. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Defense looked real good, especially the front seven. Cruz and Manning have great chemistry on the slants and hitches and a lot of times there's nothing you can do but make the tackle.

Offense is anemic at best, though. Not sure what to expect every time they're out there, but it sure isn't very good. Sanchez, when he has time, looks comfy in the pocket mostly and makes solid throws, but he checks down so often; now it's possible it's the receivers just not getting separation, but every throw was short of the chains and everybody watching knew it was coming. Tebow is lively and fun to watch, but he's been playing second stringers. But he'll be a game changer in those short yardage situations, and if I'm Rex and Sparano, I have NO PROBLEM pulling Sanchez when necessary in the regular season to get the job done on a case by case basis.

Special teams: oof. Watching Weatherford and Tynes tonight showed what a real kicker and punter should do. Tynes nailed every field goal and our guys (why is Brown fighting Nick Folk, who has done a pretty decent job??), especially the punter whose name escapes me, blew chunks. Rough stuff. C'mon Westhoff/Tanny, I know I can't blame the coach but this crap is the best we got?

Rough game overall. Leaves me worried. Especially about protecting the quarterback and running the football.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

man its going to be a brutal week and we've only had 2 preseason games.

gonna have to watch the steelers and see how their brand new, recently drafted OL players are doing.

steelers are the anti-jets when it comes to OL and LB personnel.

6. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Well for my very first post I would like to say that I'm not optimistic the Jets will win more than 8 games this season. Sanchez still doesn't seem to be able to throw a deep ball no matter what, even though Tim Tebow does once in a while and he's not supposed to be as good as Sanchez. We don't have real powerful RB's to do the ground and pound thing. We don't have a recieving corps that scares anyone, besides maybe Holmes but once you take him out of the equation with a doubleteam the rest don't strike fear into anyone. We don't have an Oline that can impose it's will on anyone. Our defense is merely average with it's best aspect being the Revis/Cromartie tandem that prevents the deep ball.

All in all, we're just not very good right now... certainly not a playoff team by any means.

7. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

SNAFU !!!

As in, situation normal all fucked up !!!

didnt see tonights game ,but I guess that just about covers it ....

8. AZ_Patriot

AZ_Patriot New Member

Jesus is coming...I ain't shittin' ya...

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Game 2 and pretty much the same outcome. The Oline was Horrid and Wayne Hunter cannot block anyone. Even when he is not being knocked to the ground he's Being taken off of his feet literally. Once Again Sanchez is under duress and holding on to the ball too long. The defense was Definitely the bright spot if you can actually spin a positive light on this eye opening Game. Things picked up a bit when the two's came in but I don't put any stock in that. Well next gamed will be the closest to the actual starting line up and they should plat three quarts. Fingers crossed!

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I am scared !!!

11. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Defense was very solid but there is no O. Period. o-line is terrible. Sanchez does not even challenge the D beyond 10 yards thru the air. Once again, we have a team that never throws downfield. I understand the constant pressure on Sanchez was not always his fault, but wow. It's just dink and dunk and Shonne Greene, the most mediocre "bell cow" back in the league, up the middle.

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

How did Ducasse look? Austin Howard? Did someone other then Hunter suck or did he the entire game?

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Sanchez completed 7 of 9 which is great for him, but in the end he is still the same player.

Holds the ball too long, doesn't look off the reciever, telegraphs his throws, spends more time on his ass than his feet and only completed TDs to the other team.

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

They moved the offensive line all over the place. Ducasse does suck, but he was moved to at least three positions this game. Hell they had the loser at LT too.

Robert Griffin a RG played RT after Hunter and Ducasse.

Would have liked to see Austin Howard play the 2nd half at RT. He can't be worse than Hunter and Ducasse.

Don't know how good the vet Stephon Heyer is, but it wouldn't take much to beat out Hunter.

15. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

My thing is how can we even be JETS when for the longest time we have been snails/turtles/ dink and dump offense for forever? We never had an aerial attack. We go back to the stone age of football and try and run ground and pound. We might as well line up in the wing-t or wishbone. As bad as Sanchez looks at times Tebows arm is pathetic he couldn't hit the side of a barn. A simple pass out to the sideline he over threw people and almost injured our star player Revis. Just say we go 6-10 is there a player in next years draft that could give us hope? Defense Offense Anything?

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Doesn't get the fact that you may have a connection with on player but don't be fixated on him and keep trying to go to him... Go through the progressions and find the next receiver open

17. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I've said it like 500 times last year. Sanchez cannot go through an NFL progression. He can't read an NFL Defense. He's a 1-read QB. If the first read from practice isn't there, he's dumping off. Period. That's why we throw no passes beyond 10 yards. It's a joke.

The Tebow-Hill debacle was also a joke. Hill was so wide open it was almost like a video game. Underthrowing him so badly is inexcusable.

18. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

But Sanchez still throughs a nicer pick 6...:breakdance:

19. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Defense was OK, not great.

They were fortunate to not have given up many more points than they did.

They still got zero sacks.

The Giants were without Nicks and Bradshaw.

Defense is good, it's not a great defense. To be a great defense you need to get to the QB, they don't, end of story.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Ducasse looked pretty solid to me. Looked better than Brandon Moore.