After watching tonight game...

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jetnad, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Jetnad

Jetnad Member

I dont see how we can expect Sanchez to survive in the backfield with the shape our O-line is in, combined with the terrible play calling. Tebow deserves a shot at working with the first team and starting next weeks game.

2. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Giants D-line is elite and best in the NFL. Our O-line didn't look so good tonight but I think they'll be improved by the season opener.

3. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

huh? Sanchez can't survive because of a shitty Oline and bad playcalling by the coaching staff, so Tebow deserves to start over him? OK, makes sense... :drunk:

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its asinine to complain about play calling in the preseason.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

like I said in the other thread, even though its preseason you can tell its going to be a long painful season for the Jets due to the O-Line being crap once again. The defense looks to have improved but they will get tired and will start to complain because the offense, Sanchez and crew, wont be able to do much because the O-Line doesnt protect.

Forget ground and pound and the deep throws we all have been wanting for seasons. This O-Line is terrible and the " In Tanny we Trust" nonsense has come to an end and he needs to go.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Personnel does reside in his responisiblity and I think I am about done with him as well

7. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

As much as I love me some Tebow he has not done anything to be make this quick of a claim for the starting job. He hasn't even led them to a touchdown in either game, that isn't exactly "on fire". This I -formation from Sparano isn't suited to his game, until they spread it out and stick him in shotgun, they aren't gonna really see what he can do.

8. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

So because the O-line is shit, Sanchez should get benched? Are you kidding?

You act like Sanchez can't scramble. It's one of his better qualities, but WFH just gives linemen a direct path to him...

[YOUTUBE]qzr1bTPxDzk[/YOUTUBE]

That video makes me miss Cotchery :(

#8 NYDeadEye, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  9. catfish

catfish New Member

I think they should put Simms out there until they can find a RT because at this rate you arent going to have any QB's alive at the end of pre-season

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Don't mean to seem like I'm calling you out, but you think they will be improved based on what?

11. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

(A + B) = (X + Y) - (C + D)

I am having trouble following the logic here...

12. jet setter

jet setter New Member

There was a play that even though wfh was still on his man but allowed him to get close to Sanchez it broke up the play because he cant trust the Rt.
    Sanchez will never be good as long as wfh is starting

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

At this point its going to be who doesn't get hurt is going to be starting at QB. With Hunter there and he continues this play, if either one plays with the 1st stringers and Hunter it is going to negatively reflect on them as QBs.

14. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

QFT. Sanchez got sacked 4 times? (one was called back, right?) in a half? And he's not a statue back there. If Hunter keeps this up, Jets will be down to Simms.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Sanchez had accuracy for the most part minus the INT, but he was dink and dunking "Orton style". Tebow had bad comp % *once again* and should have hit the WR for the TD when he was WIDE OPEN. Tebow made that play happen due to his scrambling, then F'ed up the pass.

Neither one of them looked good overall, but they each had their spots.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That was Wayne Hunter by himself, not sure of the rest of the line.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I just watched the online stream again during my lunch hour (Giants game), and I have to say -- Tebow had about the best 5-14 night I could imagine. There were 5 really good completions, and only 3 bad throws. 2 of the bad throws where both a screen out to Cumberland in the flats -- surely that can be mastered with practice.

I think he was on his game pretty well, and if he were called upon to play all 4 that night, there would have been more completions in bunches that put him at a higher percentage.

And the sacks were all protection breakdowns. I counted again and didn't see any sacks there from holding the ball.

18. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Probably doesn't deserve to be in this thread however I made a mental note of those 2 screens myself.

He threw them both to the exact same place, along the sideline, behind where the receiver was. It makes me wonder who/how they run that play in practice. To be consistently inconsistent like that makes me feel like that play (a bubble screen) is run differently in practice?

Or maybe I'm reading too much in and he missed them both.

19. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think he missed them both, maybe the receiver ran it a little different.

My only point is that throw never kept anybody out of the league. It's a throw to keep the defense honest and spread them out -- he can get that one down as his footwork and mechanics improve.

20. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Yea thats also suposed to be a stat padder easy completion throw. =x