Ready

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsVilma28, Aug 17, 2012.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk

For the first time, it seems like the only team who isn't talking are the New York Jets. Everyone, wants to come over and say "HELLO!" "How are you doing?" "Guess what??" "Your team doesn't have what it takes, to lift the the Lombardi." "You should just pack it in.". "You're teams a joke".

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.

Taunting, priding, stalking, hating in all the papers, television and even our own fanbase. Backs against the wall, we asked for this. We painted the red bulls eye, dead red, right on our own chest. We wear it for everyone to see; and please bring on the hate. We suck, right? We're a joke, right? Our coach is a fat ass, loud mouth, sucker. Our quarterbacks are stupid, lack talent or just pure unlucky. We asked for the attention. We asked for the hate.

We are such a joke; Espn ranks us among all other teams in the NFL in its official, "power ranking" not as the New York Jets, but as "Tebow". No problem. I'll wear that; the kid is a player on our team so he rides with this too. Fights in practice, we're a "three ring circus". Revis is "holding out" and only cares about money. Holmes lost his edge and Sanchez can't hit the broad side of a barn. Our Oline is swiss cheese, incapable of blocking anyone not immediately in front of them. Our best WR is a trash can. Our running back has weak ribs and has never been able to push the pile, ever, not even on a single carry. Our defense is, "good" not "great". We're a joke, not worthy of taking the field of battle.

We're not champions. We have to "earn" championships the belichick and coughlin way; the "right" way. Modest, humble and afraid. We have to kiss the rings and lay down for the true "class" of the NFL. The righteous and honorable football teams. We have to take a page from there legacy and hope that it transcends, many generations from now, into something worthy of stepping onto a football field. Fuck that.

We follow our leader. We all painted the bulls eye, dead red, for everyone to see. We, "suck"...well... come get some. We talked, talked, talked, talked, talked. If this is how it's going to be, fuck you. Bring on the hate. Everyone, is coming for us, everyone. Be better. Be stronger, faster, harder, tougher, more resilient, more disciplined, more carful, more protective, more patient. Wear it. Come get some.

Fuck pre season, fuck the media, fuck anyone who isn't wearing it. If you want to be a member, come join, we could use some new blood. Bury the hate. Come watch a great defense and rebounding offense preform. Come watch a team play the, "old" way; defensive prowess, a punishing running attack and a play action pass, where protecting the football is always our ultimate priority.

This is a good football team, we aren't losing to some pathetic, half ass, Canadian football team. This is New York City and we define "class". Our season isn't ending in a heap of shit, week one. This is a must win game. Our team has a major responsibility to be ready, more prepared, more disciplined and more hungry, than ever. We (fans) have a responsibility to make this a very unpleasant atmosphere to play in for the Canadians. Of course, be courteous to our fellow 'tourist' fans, but help our team bury the players that enter our home; with a thundering cry, "J E T S Jets Jets Jets!!!!! Besides, it is expected of us low lifes.

Be ready for war.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Feel better now?

3. Jiggystoon

Jiggystoon New Member

Its funny, its usually this time of year where Rex is talking super bowl etc There is a hint of "wait and see" this season, even Rex is hardly buying in, I guess we will just have to wait and see

4. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Don't know why you're so excited, the season ended a couple of Weeks ago.

///jetssuckfiller

5. jet setter

jet setter New Member

Now go get your fucking trash can

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If anything, that's the only thing I like about this off-season. No brash talk coming out from Jets camp. If Jets have learned to use all these negative talks as a fuel, then all the better. (But then I doubt the possibility.)

7. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I love the passion. Can't wait for the season to start either!

8. BookEndTackles 72&79

Calm down. The season's over already. :lol:

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You can tell it bothers the media too. They take any few words and try to twist them. I've heard a couple of times on ESPN where they go well it looks like the Jets are at it again look at whoever had to say.

10. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

So fucking tired of the media, opposing teams and their fans, and even our very own SOJFs contantly deriding, mocking and underrating our team's capabilities.

I want this to be a season of destiny. I'm praying to a higher being that Rex has this team ready to go for the season of a lifetime.

It's time to take this city back, once and for all. It's time to destroy the Patriots reign at the top. It's time to earn the respect of the rest of the league and silence the haters and critics throughout the media and rest of the league.

It's time for the New York Fucking Jets to win the Super Bowl and give us fans what we deserve.

11. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Funny how everybody believes the media whenever they quote the Jets but as soon as any i.e. Jacobs or any player for a matter of fact says something "it's taken out of context"

For everyone here I speak out of experience of being in the media. I've been shown to be an idiot for something that i said weeks before an event, all because the media thought it would be an interesting story. Stories are usually created by using quotes and video that have happened at any time. "True" media and I use that lightly usually use quotes or video that is relevant to the time and event of the story they are reporting.

Nytimes reports news.
    ESPN creates news.
    Bleacher Report, well any idiot can write for that.

It's still all relative.

What really drives me crazy is when people like Jacobs feed the created story but when he chucked his helmet into the stands "oh c'mon, everyone is blowing it out of proportion." It really shows how much of a mental midget he is.

12. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Holy shit.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

All I have to say is that I feel like it was not long ago that you guys were embracing this image of being the bad guy and even encouraged it.

Now that the media has latched on and the perception has taken a life of its own, now you want it to end.

The flip side is being so irrelevant your team doesn't get covered at all.

Pick your poison I guess

14. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

15. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

The jets aren't the nfl bad guys, they are the league's batman. The new york jets aren't the team the league needs, it's the team the league deserves.

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Whatever you say

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The problem with this approach is, obviously, if you are not good enough to scare the shit out of the opponents, you fail. Jets failed. End of the story.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Rex did specifically say he would nix the superbowl predictions this year to avoid unnecessary pressure on the team. Honestly talk is cheap. I don't care what Rex predicts. I care about what happens on the field. Jets have a major chip on their shoulder this year, they are out to prove people wrong. I think we'll be just fine, besides, the Jets play better as underdogs. In 2010 they were still considered big underdogs, but 2011 they were predicted to dominate. We all know what actually happened.

#18 Barcs, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

What if we start out 0-2??

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The pinkwink banner is is exceptionally appropriate for these kinds of threads.