17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Sorry, I'm confused. When the Jets weren't winning Superbowls you still had a good time? And, God forbid, your kid did too? Why, in God's name, do people still go to games???
    Champ...yes, I understand, if a team doesn't win a Super Bowl then it's a "wasted season", but dont begrudge folks for enjoying the experience of going to games as you and your family did.

I could be wrong...maybe those teams after 1969 won every game and super bowl...I believe I watched them but maybe the ending was different than I remember... :sad:

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I still remember early 70's going to shea with the old man with maybe 10-12 Tuna sandwiches and we would eat them all from the time we got in until the game was over. Yeap, that's where it starts with your dad whether its in the lot or in the game. Its also the first time I said Fuck in front of him, was a Jet interception. And he drank plenty in front of me, but unlike that terrible father 17a, there were no gay slurs.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nope I continued to go to the games for my son otherwise I would have chucked it in after say 20 years of losing. I do not begrudge anybody else for doing whatever they choose to do also:sad:

4. championjets69

Great will not miss U a tad :sad:

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Anyone try out today's pre-sale. I liked the interactive map. Lots of full rows of empty seats and nothing being bought.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

They'll mostly be picked up by opposing fans come Wednesday.

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

We don't have to worry about opposing fans buying tickets on Ticketmaster. Have you seen the 9,000 plus tickets for each Jets game on Stubhub, wow!

8. turbodog

turbodog Member

I don't see why they bother trying to hit up PSL holders first it's not much of an opportunity.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

No kidding. We all could have had are own row up there if we wanted.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, in the old place the opposing fans had the one section in the end zone corner. Be empty for december games against crappy teams. Now, maybe 4 sections in each end zone will be like that against crappy teams. Incredible. So, if I needed 2 tics for Saturday, look on stubhub on Sat. morning and pay ? or look for ticket at 6:30 in front of gate?

11. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

So when someone posts optimism for the up coming season you feel its necessary to throw a wet blanket on it? Every fan is hopeful in August...no matter how mediocre their team may be or how many glaring holes there may be. I just don't get the need to rain on a parade.

I know you've been a fan for many years...why try to put a damper on the younger fans..or any fans? Let them be happy and optimistic. You come across as a teacher telling students what they can and cannot be when they grow up.

At the end of the day you just need to get to the playoffs and anything can happen. Will the Jets get there? Maybe...maybe not. I and im sure many other fans will still enjoy the ride...and enjoy going to the games with friends and family.

And here....ill give your response....:sad: :)

12. J1 tailgate

J1 tailgate Member

Wow cj69, you really demonize the tailgate experience. Many great people enjoying themselves in a responsible manner. Some tools as well. Sort of like life in general. Cheers.

13. MurrellMartin

While the UT will be less full of visiting fans, it will continue to pack them in by the thousands each week. I still remember, and shiver, at the Ravens-Jets 2010 Week 1 game where the "Heeeeeeeeeeeap" chants raining down from the UT made me feel like we were the visitors. Same thing with Green Bay in 2010 with "Kuuuuuuhn".

There are definitely more visiting fans in the stadium now than ever before. Hopefully this counts down on them. I don't know many people and I know 6 new ticket holders up there, all with two seats, so that's 12 seats taken up.

14. championjets69

I did not demonize anybody all I said is that I did not want my son to see what went on at those tailgate since I wanted to be the best possible role model to him I could be :sad;

15. championjets69

My projection is 6-10 for this season or lower which I think is highly doubtful to even smell the POs :sad:

S'hh do not tell anybody but I am NOT the only one who has very severe doubts this season :sad:

#15515 championjets69, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  16. JetsSec337Lot13B

You can actually hear people from the upper deck? I figured we're so high up God heard us not the players.

17. MurrellMartin

Only when there are thousands of visiting fans chanting together. Otherwise, no, we can't. :rofl2:

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What does other people's actions have to do with your part as a role model? Isn't it about what you do, not other people.
    And what in the world goes on in the lot that your son can not see?
    And what goes on in the lot that does not go on around him in the world we live in?
    How old is your son Champ?
    And whatever goes on in the lot in 2012 is a lot tamer then say 2000 but how would you know anyway. I have a 12 year old daughter, the only thing I would keep her away from in the 32 years I have been going, is the ramp/gate at halftime in the previous stadiums. That was no place for a young lady. I get that you are old fashioned, but I have no idea what you are referring to unless you home school him and he's hidden from the crazy world we live in. I feel and see nothing but love and happiness in the lot, at least before the game. Never seen a fight, just food, football and drinking. I can't wait for that feeling of driving into the lot for the 1st time every year, its like being home again. Being a STH and going to live football, the whole experience for me, is top 10 in my life and I love being with my brother in arms.

#15518 sec314, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  19. J1 tailgate

J1 tailgate Member

Great post

Great post 314. You hit it dead on.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I hope everyone has a great tailgate on Saturday night. I will be down the shore for the week. Too bad the jets didn't stay on schedule with preseason week #1 & #3 as home games tho year. Especially week 3 vs giants. Which of course is how I scheduled my summer vacation