Curiously amazed at the silence in here tonight........

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Willing to bet that quite a few of the more vocal "haters" were predicting that they'd be able to come in here and say "Told ya so, Tebow sucks".

:) :) :) :) :)

2. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Yeah, but now OUR Tebow sucks.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I mean ... are we supposed to be impressed?

4. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I wasn't impressed by the QB's. Though the offense was set up with no bootlegs and both QB's made some decent throws.

5. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I also wouldn't say they sucked either. Both seem to be making strides and Tebow made a couple good reads and passes. It's a start for the gents.

6. Demosthenes9

No.

I'm in a wordy mood tonight so humor me a bit.

I was at dinner tonight and missed when the game started. It was the second quarter already when I realized the time and I was trying to follow the game day threads here and another site on my phone.

Got into one of them, started scanning through the posts in Tapatalk, page, after page, after page. Eventually, I got to the posts where Tebow had come in, and was just amazed to see some of his critics, here and on the other site, saying some nice things, really positive things, about him.

What came immediately to my mind wasn't "I told you so", but more "yes, NOW you understand what we like about this kid".

#6 Demosthenes9, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think seeing every second of this game , and I understand it's only the first pre season game, Jets fans in general have a lot more to focus on than Tebow.

Just right off the bat that offense is nothing like it will be on opening day. I mean nothing , not for Sanchez , Tebow or anyone else .

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Special teams killed me tonight. These guys kidding?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sure you are expecting 'haters' to respond, but here is my take.

The guy struggles at the NFL level of quarterbacking. That is a fact.

However, as a football player... he is a gift. Far better in value than what New York traded for him.

I like Tebow on the field. No, I love what he brings. He is the perfect backup QB, to start.

Should Sanchez get injured, he reverses the field, brings a running aspect we have not seen before, and the offense will rally around him immediately. No team can brag about their backup that way.

And he can win a game in a pinch. Proven.

Now you take his utility abilities. He can step in as a fullback, runningback, punt protector, and as we saw tonight, punt coverage guy. He doesn't care, as long as he can help the team.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't being won over to the Tebow world.

But I don't want him to start. He will take way too long to become a starting quarterback.

IMO

p.s.

none of this is thought that miraculously appeared after a preseason game, aside from my alert observations of Tebow in punt coverage. These are ideas I have had for months. So get off your high horse.

#9 abyzmul, Aug 11, 2012
  10. Demosthenes9

Abyz,

I really didn't think that any haters to respond. Figured that they'd do like they did in Denver after a win and kind of disappear and keep quite on the subject of Tebow.

Enjoyed reading your post and glad to see that you are are on your way over to seeing Tebow the way many of us supporters do.

WRT being a starting QB, are there some teams that he should be the starter on ? Most definitely. Any team with a journeyman starting QB who would be willing to devote some time for him to develop.

That said, the Jets aren't one of those teams as we have a very good QB here who is better at this point in time. At least, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

He threw a Int. He still sucks

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

We are all just thanking god that couples has already showed more then gholston

13. abyzmul

Demo,

Many teams have bums at starting QB. Plugging Tim Tebow in there might win them games, but it would be detrimental to his development. The guy, frankly, has a lot of beginner-level issues that he has to learn. If he can learn them... holy shat. He would be like Brady mixed with Vick. As I am sure you have envisioned.

Which is why I think he is utility or bust. He is so good, mentally and physically. But he would need the perfect - and I mean PERFECT - situation to grow into a starting QB role and succeed as a pocket passser as well as his best field of scrambler.

Yes, I get it. He's a great guy. A little too fruity for my taste, but I can accept that.

And he is willing to learn everything. I get that, too. But he has been a mauler for years, and finesse is not something that comes easy to him. You only have to watch tonight's game to see that. Roger Goodell wants this to be a finesse game. That's detrimental to Tim's development, because he is already far behind the curve.

I'd like him to succeed, as a Jet or not. I heard 'experts' before he was drafted saying he would bust, and I remember hoping he would prove them wrong. I still do.

But as a selfish Jets fan, I'd rather he go down as the best fullback that ever lived than as a QB who broke the mold for another team.

#13 abyzmul, Aug 11, 2012
  14. abyzmul

Hey mama! Baby made his 2,735th post! Go get the teething cookies!

15. Demosthenes9

Abyz,

I agree with most of what you said. he'd definitely need the perfect situation to really develop. In my mind, that could happen in 2 ways. First way of course is to just get in there and play. Get all the first team reps in TC and OTA's. Wouldn't hurt to have an offense geared more towards his abilities, like they did with Cam in Carolina and they are doing with RG3 in Washington. See what he's good at, go with that, while adding in more "conventional" offensive things. It would definitely take time and commitment.

The other path is for him to ride the bench as the #2 and continue to develop. As I pointed out previously, Aaron Rodgers wasn't ready until his 3rd season in the NFL, and he wasn't seen as a "project QB". This is why I'm quite happy and content with his role with the Jets. The coaching staff said that their priority is to continue to develop him as a QB, first and foremost, and during that time, to also utilize him in whatever ways would help the team.

So, he takes most the 2nd team snaps. He works on his footwork and his mechanics. He sits in the QB room and studies the defenses trying to learn how to read them better. In short, hopefully, he develops and learns how to be more of a "conventional drop back" QB.

16. abyzmul

D,

I admire your faith, and while I think Tim will develop through some classroom sessions, I don't trust the Jets at all in terms of the quotes you provided. They are liars.

There are two possible scenarios.

One, which is Rex's way (and mine also) - Sanchez becomes a top tier QB, and Tebow becomes Weapon X - the unstoppable factor in the Jets' arsenal. Guaranteed ring and a way for New England to scramble for a countermeasure for a change.

Two, which is Woody suck-ass Johnson's way - Tim Tebow turns into a juggernaut that can pass and run and kill linebackers aand steam-shovel money on top of Woody's emaciated naked body.

Both of them are unrealistic, but one is possible. I want that one to happen.

#16 abyzmul, Aug 11, 2012
  17. Demosthenes9

hahahhaha, I don't know what to tell you. If the day comes that Tebow is much more consistent with his passing and can average 250 yards or so through the air, then some team needs to start him. Hopefully, that will be the Jets. :) And yeah, while throwing for 250, he'll still run and kill linebackers and get another 50 - 70 YPG rushing the ball :)

18. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

No brutha', dude can run......but TOTALLY SUCKS as a NFL qb!!!!!!

19. Demosthenes9

Yet he accounted for more net yards per play tonight that Sanchez or McElroy. (That happens when you can avoid sacks and turn those plays into positive yards :) )

20. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

I like what I saw today. Out of 8 passes, 1 is a good throw away, 4 are completes and 1 is a dropped perfect pass. There are 2 bad throws. One is an over throw to his right side. The only really bad play is that INT, which is more a good defensive play than bad throw. Nice start.