17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Ok you own a business or are in charge of a company and how it entertains clients and vendors. The IRS allows you certain entertainment write offs like season tickets. Do you buy NYJETS or NYGIANTS? I can answer that but lets hear what you think?

The bad taste resulted in me keeping the $5 grand in my account and building a NYJETS party zone that I own and can enjoy home and away games.

I also do not like the view from the UD, no offense to those that do. :beer:

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

jets where real douchebags to everyone

3. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

They were to me. The guy who bumped me out of my 4 quit after the first season. The NYJETS never called me to offer me my tickets back after 20+ years. I had to find out from a guy who sat near there. When I called to see if I could reclaim those seats they told me they were sold.

4. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The Jets were good to me, guess I am the only one!

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Based on SB wins the NYGs by a mile :sad:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I got pretty close to the seats I wanted, but it's not because the Jets were good to me. I had to make my own fortune with them by FORCING them to respect my seniority and man up to the seats I should have gotten in the first place.

So there's the rub, IMO, with most of the guys. Instead of being "good" to most of us and giving us decent seats from the start, we were jerked around and eventually had to FORCE them to give us better seats by threatening to walk. And in some cases, guys actually DID walk.

My hat's off to the walkers, as those guys really deserve the accolades for putting it to the Jets but good and paving the way for our threats of walking to be heard by their imbecile ears. without them, the Jets just wouldhave continued fucking us around. Instead, when I called to tell them to either move me or I walk, enough of the other guys who actually DID walk put the fear of God into them and they respondded by finally caving.

so no, count me as one of the ones who believe the Jets were never "good to me," although I did wind up with seats that I'm pretty happy with.

7. championjets69

Huh for the NYGs to my understanding the entire stadium is PSLs so that alone answers your question

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, in 1981, I went to Madison Ave. the Jets headquarters and bought seasons right then, it must have been big screens and our below average team ( sack exchange)? And all those great teams of the 90's with Walton, Coslet, Kotite were a wonderful reason to go huh? Its about charging PSL's, breaking up fans who sat together for years and screwing the long time Upper deckers. Nothing to do with big TV's and shitty teams.

9. championjets69

Big deal I went to Madison Ave in 65 to get my STHs so U R a new comer in 81. As for HD TVs not having an effect on NYJ STHers well everybody is entitled to there opinion

Ah yes but the NYG fans did not do the same in fact they ponied up there money & watch them win another SB. Maybe all the years of ineptness filters into the equation also :sad:

#15429 championjets69, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  10. turbodog

turbodog Member

Anyone get a license plate holder with tickets?

I'm debating if I should actually install it.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You don't even read other people's posts. You are just a blowhard. T o you, everything is based on winning in 1969 because you were there and we were not so you are the king. King of xxxx in my eyes. I tried having a back and forth with the bitter one, I am done. I can't stand you pal.

12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

No you are the only one, lucky you!

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I heard N.J State and local police departments are ticketing cars for covering up GARDEN STATE and NEW JERSEY. Just an fyi.............:beer:

14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

So I just put my 8 tickets in the mail to sell to a broker. I am kinda bummed but looked on stubhub and tickets near mine are going for face value right now. Worst case I pick up tickets last minute and go.

I will not have to stress out about trying to either find people to go or collect 1050 each week on 8 tickets. If we get a home playoff game I will be very happy and attend if we stink and have a losing record than I will be happy im not stuck trying to sell tickets!

Good luck to everyone this year!! If anyone is interested next year for PSL let me know. I may keep them next year just for the Superbowl Lottery!

15. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I may be in the market for 2 PSL's. How can i get in touch with you?

16. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Shoot me a text 5132388299, i have 4 in section 126 row 20 and 4 in 124 row 7 aisle. Would like to sell in groups of 4 if you have a friend to go in on it with? I just mailed out tickets so there will be no tickets this year unless home playoff games.

17. championjets69

From your post U were so snobby that you got your seats in 81 so I decided to post that I got mine in 65. What is wrong with that? Oh yes remember for EOS that I still say 6-10 or lower for them :sad:

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

None taken.

In my opinion, THIS upper deck is different from most upper decks. Those who in the past enjoyed an upper deck view can probably only stomach it within the first 4 rows of this place.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

They are affected too. Not as much. It's a fact that the demand for Giants tickets has been greater than the demand for Jets tickets in this market and it's not even close. Anyone around here who pays attention to broker prices and ticket availability knows that. Giants had an insanely long wait list for seats. Generations-long. They've burned through that list.

I'll say it again...

The Jets problem is that as co-tenent, their marketing, pricing, and PSL strategy is influenced by the Giants side rather than their own supply/demand. They thought the no PSL upper deck deviation would be enough to correct the disparity between the two teams price/supply situations, but it backfired on the Jets because neither team realized the inadequacies of this stadium's upper deck. They knew it was higher, but they didn't know it would be significantly worse than Giants Stadium. I think the bigger problem is with the ingress/egress issues that cause Jets fans up there to conclude it's not a great deal all-around.

If they could go back, the Jets would change their "no PSL for upper deck" decision in a minute had they known. The Giants didn't know either - they just got lucky because with their 100,000 name waiting list they knew they'd get the $1000 upper deck PSL by "monetizing" that wait list. Now those fans are locked in.

A Super Bowl win helps them, but that is not the reason for the difference Champ.

20. championjets69

Sorry I respectfully disagree with U. The more I think of it the more I think the lack of fan support is due to the losing. I remember in the late 70s I was able to upgrade my tix because so many fan dumped there tixs after almost 2 decades of losing. I think the computer age has made fans far more informed then say only 4 years ago so they no longer believe the off season hype that they were getting in this off season from the FO & HC :sad: