tone has rib cartiledge injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tank75, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo Banned

If Holmes is seriously hurt, then it's run option time. You know what that means... !

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

He barely played last year. If he was healthy he should be ready to go. Seatlle signed him based on something. COME ON MAN

3. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Just the opposite. 4-6 weeks is the rest of the offseason and possiably carry over issues into the season.
    From camp and scrimmege it doesnt seam that holmes and sanchez are on the same page yet. The next 3 weeks is critical for them.

Not that bringing in another wr will solve this problem but its deff something to worry about. We dont have a very forgiving first 4-5 games for these two guys to get on track with each other.

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Finally someone WHO GETS IT.....:beer:

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Opportunity for guys like chaz, kerly and jordan white. This is the nfl, guys go down and the next steps up.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Using that argument 31/32 teams didn't see something in him.

Your argument is very flawed. He barely played last year and if he is healthy then he be ready to go?

I just don't see the reason for panic. If he misses NFL regular season games get back to me, but right now I'm not going to panic over someone potentially missing the rest of TC.

This also means Sanchez gets more time working with Hill, Schillens, Kerley. The one he worked most with was Kerley for half the NFL regular season. I might be in the minority, I just don't see a reason for panic

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The Jets' top receiver, Santonio Holmes, may have broken a rib in tonight's Green and White scrimmage, coach Rex Ryan said.

"I don’t know if Santonio did break a rib or not, but the fact it as sticking out of his thing was prob an indicator," Ryan said. "But again, I'm sure he’ll be fine."

Holmes walked off the field with a trainer, not wearing his jersey, before the end of the scrimmage. Ryan said Holmes was hit in the ribs after making his final catch of the day for about 7 yards.

Holmes has not yet had X-Rays, Ryan said, and the team is waiting for an update.

"He's a tough guy, but I don't think hes going to be running out there tomorrow or the next day," Ryan said. "But we'll see."

Holmes had three catches for 22 yards today on five targets.

The Jets have been depleted at the receiver position this camp. Jeremy Kerley has missed all but one practice with a hamstring injury, and Chaz Schilens has been limited with a groin pull. Holmes had been previously limited with what he described as general body soreness, and he also missed time at mini-camp in June with hamstring tightness.

"You'd love to have your No. 1 guy out there, your big gun out there, and he looked good today," Ryan said. "You saw he and (Mark) Sanchez connected several times. It's not ideal, but you've just got to play the hand dealt you."

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm reading it was a big stick by cromartie that did the damage.

9. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Anyone know if it was the Cromartie hit?

10. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Imagine that!

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He must have wanted to be the #1.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

There's something I never thought I'd hear.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nicely played.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well Jordan White, Hill and Chaz will get more 1st team / 2nd team reps

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The Jets have been depleted at the receiver position this camp. Jeremy Kerley has missed all but one practice with a hamstring injury, and Chaz Schilens has been limited with a groin pull.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That would the fist big stick by Cro that affected something other than his child support payments..:rofl2:

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Chaz/hill on the outside fits better into the ground & pound mentality anyway. They're both MUCH better blockers than Holmes. Kerly & white will be fine in the slot.

Holmes is a pretty good WR but I don't think it's the end of the world to go without him for a couple weeks to start the season.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Hello NYJETS..........:beer:

[​IMG]

19. Will_Barcells

Will_Barcells New Member

Are there any low end WR with NFL experience out there? No way Plax is back. If I even hear the name Terrell Owens I may vomit.

20. Banjo

Banjo Banned

we should have taken a more serious look at Randy Moss.