17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. baamf

baamf Active Member

[YOUTUBE]0_TGFXc5XQo[/YOUTUBE]

:smile:

2. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Got another VM from the Jets today, wondering if I was aware of the price reductions and offering to "hook me up" with some good seats since I'm a long time former ST holder. LOL

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHO is that with the advent on big screen HD TV & without a current SB championship the supply of tix will be far greater then the demand for ST which will prohibit Woody from implementing his spike the tix policy :sad:

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well, of course they won't because Woody has never done that before.

Oh wait.... I'm wrong.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaha..... Classic Champ.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Who cares about the fans who stay home to cuddle there TV's or how many available seats remain. I would rather have 60k real fans and 20k empty seats. The attendance is Woody's problem, I did not buy stock in the Jets. I cant wait till opening day, its home and 1pm and I bought six 1.5 lb rib-eye bone in on sale at Whole Foods and they are in the freezer waiting to be eaten. Oh baby, I love going to Jet home games, still excites me like nothing else, regardless of all the BS. You guys who gave up tics and are not going will have an empty feeling game 1, you know it and I know it.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Rib Eye is the ONLY grilling steak there is, IMO. I once asked a butcher friend of mine what he himself brings home for grilling... T-bone, porterhouse, filet mignon? He could obviously have any cut he wanted. Rib Eye was his preference because of the marbeling. Bone in gives it even more flavor. Now that's the only steak I buy for the grille.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Panthers Preseason Game - You can buy Lower EZ seats Row 14 for $15 on Stubhub.

Yeah baby, I guess the PSL really stings on that one.

9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Took this off the main board.

Next is the Jets have the HIGHEST average ticket price throught the entire NFL, the Jets average ticket price for 2011 is $120.85 while the Giants average ticket price is $111.69

Link: http://content.usatoday.com/communit...eting-report/1

10. Section 227. Row 5

This is a surprising statistic, given that the Giants have 100% of their seats under PSLs while the Jets have perhaps only 70%.

It must have to do with ownership and their propensity or proclivety toward price gouging. I've never been a Giants fan, but it would appear Tisch and Mara have more respect, admiration and appreciation for their fans than to openly price-gouge them, even though they could.

Woody, on the other hand, prefers to gouge at random. He's obviously getting what he can at present and who knows what he'll do next?

I know. But others don't want to listen.

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Its about winning and losing. The NYJETS havent won a damn thing since 1969.

12. Section 227. Row 5

I'm not going there, but I'm sure Champ will.

Hold on and he'll be here in a second.......

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

Win or lose I enjoy going to the games. I'll tailgate if we're 1-15 or 12-4.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Well, perhaps Champ won't be here in a second, but I'm sure he will be here.... well..... very shortly... and at least in a timely fashion.... I hope.

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Been there done that. Enjoy I could only imagine what would happen if the NYJETS went 1-15 again with some of the money some season ticket holders are paying to see games.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

Ribeyes are the way to go but I buy my meats from Wegmans for the tailgates.

I'll share a story about the sitting at home deal. Before last season my dad told me last year would be it he was done having season tickets he'd get a couple games off stubhub so either 1. I'd better find a girlfriend to take his seats or 2. I'm going to have to downgrade to 2 seats.

During last summer he messed his foot up and missed the first 4 home games as a result. I don't live at my parents house anymore but all my tailgate equipment is still stored in the garage and sometimes I'll sleep there the night before a 1 pm game so I don't have to drive to their house in the morning (I get up at 5:30 am for those games as it is). When I came home from the Cowboys and Dolphins night games 2 am I was unloading my truck and there he was waiting up to talk about the game and ask about the tailgate. When it came time to the Patriots game he said he didn't care what needed to be done he was going in. I arranged a golf cart from security to drive him in and to get him an elevator upstairs. We did it the last 4 games of the season.

When it came time to the beginning of this year I said I was done unless we were upgraded and it looked bad at one point. I sensed him and my sister were disappointed and he told me if we got seats in a lower row or on the sideline he'd keep going.

When we were given our options I said is this your last season because I know last season you didn't get to go a lot and you wanted to come back again and his response "I'm going forever don't worry."

Not trying to ramble on here but just giving an example of how missing a few games made him realize how much he enjoyed going even if we stunk up the joint.

17. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I used to feel the same way. I have a 17 yr old and a 20 yr old and always planned on them using the tickets or when I die leaving them the tickets with a trust fund set up to pay for them for at least another 10 years. But the UD is just too dam high for my liking and the PSL seats arent what I want to waste my money on at this current time. Both my children also dont like the view at the new stadium in the UD. Its all a matter of personal choice and how much you are willing to spend to enjoy the games.

Im gonna try this season at home I was actually at home most of last season. Im not gonna lie I miss it but im not paying the prices Woody demands. No way in hell.

18. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Let's not forget they charged $1,000 for all those upper deck seats and $5,000 for the first 4 rows on the sidelines...sight unseen by the ticket holders, before we go patting them on the back.

19. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

When Woody took over, Jets tickets were below what a NY NFL team should have been charging so yes, he did raise them quickly in the beginning. The price increases the last few years in the old stadium were $5 a year. $5 on a $100, $105 or $110 ticket is not 10%...unless my math is wrong. In any event, we will see. Only time will tell.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Why even go there? We are not going 1-15 with the talent we have. Going 8-8 was a bad season for us now. What are record will be and how far we will go is TBD, but come one, just because you don't go you have to bring that crap up.