Around the League Tim Tebow Could Cover Kickoffs for New York Jets

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by The Uniform Bomber, Jul 24, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I can see u didn't follow the Jets last preseason? McElroy look good in preseason last year and if he does the same this one he could end up the 2nd string QB come start of the season.

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Sure, IF he has a great preseason he could be the backup QB. If a walkon had a great preseason he could be the backup QB. Bottom line is the odds are stacked heavily against McElroy to be 2nd string on this team. Not with all the hype around Tebow.

Plus, Tebow proved he could do it last season when it counted. I'm not even a Tebowite but I would take Tebow over McElroy 100 times out of 100.

3. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

You must love Tebow then. He had better QB ratings than any QB on the Jets or Broncos in preseason. I know - I know you could care less. :)

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

What was Tebow QB rating during reg. season?

5. TTTTebowAndTheJets

What is McElroy's?

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Just what I thought. U say shit but don't prove it. Another Tebow dick sucker talking out his ass.

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Wow... How very civil of you. I have no need to debate you because it would be like arguing with a wall. I'll pass and save my conversation for someone with a modicum of intelligence.

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Cool run away just like all Tebow fans do when there wrong. Your one of the reasons I don't like Tebow on the Jets.

9. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

You're*

Greg has about as much chance to be the second stringer as Tebow does of being the starter.

About 0 at the start of the season. TC won't be changing that.

10. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I feel I've been very reasonable on this board and I think many can attest to that. Sure there are Tebots out there that annoy me as well. At no point do I argue that Tebow is a great QB, or that he should start, or that he's even close to Sanchez at this point. I just knew him personally when I worked for the Gators and wish him the best. Sure I defend him against people like you that say he's no good an doesn't belong. But I believe I do so with civility as its just a different opinion.

You... on the other hand... are just a turd.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Where was we talking about Sanchez? All I ask u was to post Tebow QB rating during preseason last year. U couldn't do that and I know why. Tebow didn't have a better rating then McElroy. As for me about Tebow no imo I don't think he will be a starting QB in the NFL. I am allowed voice my opinion.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Actually... you asked what Tebow's QB rating was in the regular season, because the orginal poster had mentioned his preseason QB Rating was better than Sanchez's... proving how useless preseason qbr is. You were hyping up McElroy and then asked what Tebows rating was in the REGULAR season. I then responded with the question of what McElroy's was... which was more or a rhetorical question seeing as he DIDN'T HAVE ONE!!!

13. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

QFT

(filanthropy)

14. The Uniform Bomber

When the trade went down initially, I thought this would be approach; I thought the Jets viewed Tebow as a football player who can help them in myriad ways beyond the QB position. And, now, I feel like this is definitely the case.

Of those myriad roles, one of them will include running the Wildcat packages. But that shouldn't be confused with him being a potential starting QB for THIS team.

Brad Smith was a WR who was used on STs, played QB in the Wildcat, and in an emergency situation (e.g. a slew of injuries) could be the full-time QB. After Brad Smith's departure, the Jets used Jeremy Kerley as the Wildcat QB. By acquiring Tebow, the Jets have significantly upgraded their Wildcat package, as well as other positions (excluding QB) that Tebow will play.

15. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

But if this were the truth, why did they trade Drew Stanton? Isn't Stanton better than McElroy?

16. The Uniform Bomber

One thing I forgot to mention...

Tebow is still trying to cultivate his QB skills because he has the rest of his career ahead of him, and he wants to play QB in the NFL. That's the major difference between Brad Smith and him.

Although Smith was drafted as a WR, he originally wanted to play QB in the league (he stated this in interviews), but eventually he accepted that that wouldn't be the case.

I have no qualms with Tebow attempting to cultivate his QB skills for the sake of his own future as a starting QB; the issue I have is that that future clearly isn't with the Jets (and by future, I mean this upcoming Season), but some people continue to proclaim that he's going to take Sanchez's job by October. It's just not going to happen.

17. TTTTebowAndTheJets

So why do they keep referring to him as the backup quarterback, and why did he take 2nd string snaps as qb in the minicamp? If McElroy was the 2nd string, wouldn't he be getting all the 2nd string snaps and Tebow would just get the occasional package snaps? That hasn't been what they've done and that doesn't match what they've said.

18. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Not many people are actually saying that. But I still believe that if Sanchez goes down to injury, the Jets will look to Tebow and Not McElroy. Thats the argument that's being made here. I do not think there is any intention for Tebow to start for the Jets this year. But if Sanchez goes down, do they really skip tebow and turn to McElroy??? I just have a HARD time believing that given the success Tim had last year.

19. The Uniform Bomber

I think they traded Stanton because 1) Stanton demanded it; and 2) it frees up a roster spot for another player at another position. Instead of carrying 4 QBs (Sanchez/Stanton/Tebow McElroy), the Jets can carry 3 QBs (Sanchez/McElroy/Tebow), in which 1 of them (Tebow) can play other positions, as well as full-time QB in a dire situation.

20. TTTTebowAndTheJets

But are you saying that "dire situation" is both Sanchez and McElroy going down? Do you HONESTLY believe the Jets would start McElroy before Tebow???