Around the League Tim Tebow Could Cover Kickoffs for New York Jets

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by The Uniform Bomber, Jul 24, 2012.

1. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

There are a whole 2 posters who say Tebow should start over Sanchez lol. People are so quick to generalize.. Tebow is going to be a great value pick up and will be exciting as hell to watch.

2. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

This.

I'm a Tebow fan, he CAN be a starter in the nfl. Just not yet, he has too much work to do to become an every down qb. Some of the fanatics try to argue against this...

Tebow is an awesome football player and has always wanted to be on the field as much as posible, this is his chance since he won't be the starter this year.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

That's a question of approach. Do you sit Tim on the bench as the #2 and try and develop him that way, or, do you take a different approach, get him out on the field gaining experience and develop him that way instead.

If you go back and look, I seem to recall that it took a few years for Eli to really develop :)

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Some of u Tebow fans need to face there no way he will ever be a starting QB in NFL. I give him his props for trying to work on his throwing style but imo I think it to late. Name me 1 QB who changed his style as qb and was any good?

5. Demosthenes9

Steve Young. Seem to recall that he ended up being a pretty decent QB didn't he ?

Now, do you have anything else as incredibly stupid to ask ?

6. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

There are a whole 2 posters who say Tebow should start over Sanchez lol. People are so quick to generalize.. Tebow is going to be a great value pick up and will be exciting as hell to watch.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

U better recall again because Young didn't change his throwing style much. All he changed was to stay in the pocket more then to take off.

8. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Kickoff coverage would be a terrible move for Tebow. He runs people over, he has absolutely no idea how to tackle. My guess is that is New York media trying to stir the pot in the dog days of summer. I think this story will end up showing itself to be a pile of kaka. If not, God help Tebow.

9. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Outside of the one or two crazy Tebots, most of us Tebow fans realize he's not ready to be a starter yet, he CAN be (i believe he took a team to the playoffs last year so its not THAT far out of the realm of possibility), but I believe its better for him to work on his release and reading defenses. But man you make me want him to prove you wrong. To say so definitively that something will NEVER happen makes those that think it will that much more defensive. Instead of all meeting in the middle and trying to enjoy this season for what Tebow will bring to the table, you have to go the extra mile and troll. I can't stand people like you.

10. Demosthenes9

If you are talking about his throwing motion/mechanics, virtually every QB to ever play in the NFL has changed their mechanics to some degree or another. Want to discuss the changes that the GB Packers made to Aaron Rodgers' mechanics ?

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Rich Gannon.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Anybody on a NFL roster can be a starter. Don't get me wrong I'm glad Tebow on this team for how they will use him. I'm just voicing my opinion on him as a starting QB, just like u voice urs on him being one. If I'm wrong about Tebow I will be the first to say it.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

reading the original interview it seems the special teams coach said tebow would have a situational role on the return team....I am assuming he could be on the hands team. An assistant coach said they saw value in him on the kick team, but that seems to run contrary to what the ST coach said about his role being limited...make more sense now

"There are certain situations where he might be on the field that he could be utilized possibly to block or possibly to field a ball," Westhoff told the Daily News. "If a team squibs it at you or pops it at you, he might be the perfect guy to put in that could make an adjustment. If they kick it deep, he could block. If they squib it or pop it, he could be guy that we'd have with a ball in his hands.… Jerricho Cotchery did a nice job for us in that role. Brad Smith, before he became they guy, did some of that for us. So, it's just a situational thing."

It's unclear how much special teams work Tebow will get, but Westhoff promised that will help keep the opposition on high alert.

"His role with me won't be a paramount role. I'm not counting on Tebow coming in and being a hardcore four-team special teams player," Westhoff said. "That's not what we want. We have a limited role for him, but it will be one that presents problems. That's what Tebow is all about. He presents problems to good football teams in a lot of aspects. You have to be aware of it. If you're not aware of it, it could jump up and smack you."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...unique-skills-article-1.1120771#ixzz21Zk7QpcE

14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

All the guys u keep naming may have tweak there mechanics, but Tebow needs to a over haul.

15. Demosthenes9

Depends on whom you talk to. Joe Montana said that he shouldn't change his motion at all. John Elway said that there were just some things that might need some tweaking.

having an unconventional throwing motion doesn't prevent guys from being good NFL QBs, just ask Philip Rivers about that one :)

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I think Elway may have meant he needed to do more if not he would be Manning back up not the guy they drafted this year.

17. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Rivers for 500 Alex

18. Demosthenes9

As far as the actual throwing motion goes, that was Elway's take on it. He said that he'd spend more time on his footwork and timing.

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Rivers has a quick release Tebow doesn't.

20. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

he also has a lifetime 63.5% completion percentage which means he has the accuracy that Tebow is missing as well. You can have a crappy throwing motion and deliver the ball quickly and accurately. Rivers still looks like an idiot when he throws the ball.