Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I'm a Florida UF grad as well. I also happen to have moved 100 miles north of Denver the same month Tebow was drafted, and I'm guessing I've followed him as closely as you. I've heard the doubt, and I've offered reasons why I think he'll end up proving the doubters wrong.

Nothing would make me happier than for Tebow to have a long and productive career as a starting NFL QB.

Unlike some folks I can take off my orange and blue glasses and see things for what they are. To act as if there are no legitimate concerns about Tebow, or that he's the sole reason for turning around an entire franchise is silly.

Tebow had some great moments and did some improbable things against a stacked deck. He was also helped by some really lucky bounces of the ball, the development of D.T., and a defense that played well enough to give him a chance to win a few games, among other things.

Bottom line, he has to improve his passing game. If he does even show modest improvement, then everything else will fall into place.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

For the last time, get this through your thick skull: REAL Jets fans all hope Tebow succeeds in his role as Punt Protector, H-Back, and Wildcat QB. If he helps us win games, then that's great -- we REAL fans all hope that's what happens.

Sanchez is the starting QB. Tebow is here to help us win as a football player. Get over it.

3. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Couldn't have said it better myself!! :up:

4. The Uniform Bomber

Can the Tebots ever discuss the present? I guess not. I guess because Timmy Rah-Rah is a backup, all you lunatics can talk about is the future and how he WILL prove people wrong, how he WILL take Sanchez's job.

Why don't you try discussing Tebow in his current role and how he helps the Jets right now.

5. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

That would be you my friend, based on the statement your avatar makes, you have set yourself up for much pain. Keep hanging out here, watching your hateful heart get cured will be enjoyable.

6. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

He helps the Jets right now by making key plays in the big moments. He will do this to the point where it will be irrational to trot out Sanchez for another interception.

7. The Uniform Bomber

^ I'll only hang out here if you promise that I'll be able to speak in tongues.

8. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Your anger causes you to get easily confused and contradict statements you made just moments before, try to breath deeply my friend, it will all be fine.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Every tebow argument starts with look at last year but nt the last 3 games or half the playoffs. Then it turns into tebow wants it more which is completely subjective. If tebow was gunning for a starting job, jax was the place to go. If tebow wants to be in the limelight more ny is where you go. As of right now there is 0 indication tebow was brought in to start. If Sanchez sucks and goes 0-6 he might get his shot but as of right now it's sanchez's job to lose not tebows to win. And if tebow does end up starting wait until tone gets a chance to talk to the media.

As of right now Sanchez gives the jets the best chance to win. I'll take 50 games over 15 games to risk on a season on. The jets were two plays away of the playoffs and everyone as like sanhez led them to 4-12 record. Sanchez clearly and hands down gives the jets a better shot at winning BUT tebow as a wildcat QB improves those chances. It would be interesting to see tebow get a full season starting I just don't think it ends successfully. Maybe in 3-4 years it ends good but not right bow

10. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

to educate you on the difference: The NY Jets were 9-7 the season before Sanchez got his playing time. The Denver Broncos were 3-10 in 2010 and 1-4 in 2011 for a record of 4-14 without Tebow, big, big difference.

11. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

You keep saying that like it means something? How was that last playoff game? What exactly did Tebow win and why did he finish his final 5 games at 1-4 if he is so awesome?

12. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Remember that goes both ways. Unfortunately, from experience with other message boards like the Donkeys, people like you will NEVER shut up, even after being proven wrong over and over.

13. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Who did he prove wrong? People have been saying he would struggle as a QB. And so far he has. So far the only people that have been wrong are the Tebow fans who said he would come in and play like an all-pro.

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You make no sense. By that measure, Tom Brady and the Patriots deserve no credit. Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers deserve no credit. Only Eli and the Giants deserve any credit.

Tebow won exactly 1 playoff game and went 8-5 as a starter. You can cherry pick the last 5 games to say he went 1-4 if you like, but how about cherry picking the first 8 starts and ask why if he is so terrible they went 7-1?

15. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, many people said that he couldn't win as an NFL QB, yet his record proves that he did.

They said that he'd never get them to the playoffs, yet, he did.

They said that he'd never win a playoff game, yet, he did.

If you want, we can go through a much longer list of things that many people said that Tebow couldn't do, that he has in fact done.

16. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Keep in mind even the Giants lost 4 in a row (and 5 out of 6) at one point last season...All teams go through bad stretches, so it would be erroneous to say that Tebow was the reason they finished 1-4 just as it would be erroneous to say he was the only reason they won 6 in a row at one point.

17. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Simple enough for you, metsnjets? Or do you need it drawn in pretty colors on MS Paint?

18. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

EXACTLY. The only team that did anything was Satan's (giants) PERIOD. The Patriots were just the first losers.

19. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

HAHAHAHAHA. People said that about Manning and Elway and Montana and everyone else that has ever played a game. People thinking you cant do something isnt unique to Tebow. Tebow hasn't proved a fucking thing. He got lucky last year when the Denver defense decided to play some football for once. He got lucky when the DENVER SPECIAL TEAMS recovered the onside kick, he got luck why the RB for the bears decided to not sit down in the middle of the field and run out the clock. He got lucky when the Denver defense had a pick 6 against the Jets.

People told me I shouldnt start my own business yet here I am going on 10 years. Must make me a hall of fame QB.

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

God, I really hope that you don't have any kids.

I can see it now. Your kid runs their fastest 40 yd dash ever, coming in 2nd place in a meet and there you are saying "You suck!, You're a LOSER! Why can't you WIN ?"

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not a kumbaayaa tree hugger who thinks that everyone is #1 and deserves a big Championship trophy, but neither am I at the other extreme, thinking that coming in 2nd means that you are just a the top of the LOSERS list.