Around the League Tim Tebow Could Cover Kickoffs for New York Jets

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by The Uniform Bomber, Jul 24, 2012.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-tebow-could-cover-kickoffs-for-new-york-jets
    Most versatile Quarterback ever!

2. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

damn, I never really liked the guy, but a decent QB that can help a team in many forms is pretty sweet! Thanks for the link.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

4. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Tebow wanted to play on the kick-off team at UF in 06.

I seem to remember a story about this. Meyer said they tried it once, he pancaked an upback and was part of a gang tackle on the ball carrier.

Meyer said that was the last time he was ever going to do that. He proved he would, could, and was too valuable to do so.

My opinion is that its a great move for the jets, and anything to put that dude on the field is good.

5. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I wish they would just stop talking and leave a few things to the imagination.

6. The Uniform Bomber

Bingo.

If the Jets brought in Tebow to even compete for the starting QB spot, there's no way they would EVER use him on Special Teams.

As each day passes, there's more and more writing on the wall -- Tebow is not here to play QB, at least, not as the starting, franchise QB; maybe as a Wildcat QB sprinkled into the Offense.

7. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Im pretty sure that is what they said they would do, nothing wrong with being a back-up QB. Plenty have started there and if he gets a chance to start good for him. The guy looks to do anything to help a team, so that's a plus. I'm not seeing why there is a discussion of him starting?

8. The Uniform Bomber

I completely agree, and I like Tebow as a football player; he's got a lot of talent, he's a bull, and all of the other good stuff. But he is NOT here to start over Sanchez.

There is a discussion of him starting because, in the other thread, there are about 20 posts from Tebots proclaiming that Tebow is going to "take Sanchez's job" and "watch out, he's coming for Sanchez." This article is further proof that that won't happen because teams don't put their QBs at risk by using them on Special Teams.

9. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

There is only a fews ways that he will start and that has already been discussed. What TT is a clipboard and to learn to run an offense, before a team considers him a starter. Although, I wouldnt bet against him starting at some point.

10. catfish

catfish New Member

I am really struggling to see how Tebow could add any value to the cover team at all. they have got to have 20 guys at least as well suited for it as him. It not like the punt team where there is the threat of a fake. This stinks of a misquote or a comment made in passing. There is no reason for it

11. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

We have a BINGO! The Tebow fans are either too blinded by their love for all things Timmy or to ignorant to pay attention to the clues laid out before them.

Name me one QB that was ever used as anything but a back-up that became a longterm NFL QB? Steve Young never blocked on punts. Mike Vick would probably be good on punt coverage and kick-off coverage..yet he isnt used there? Randal Cunningham had some moves, why didn't he return punts? RG3 isn't being asked to play anywhere but QB same with Luck...gee I wonder why?

Because Their teams cant AFFORD TO LOSE THEM AT their POSITION.

12. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Man, you need to relax. The guy can play a lot of different positions. He is the Back-up QB right now. The guy can ball, whether it be QB or not doesn't matter. With bringing out the names you did you are discrediting your posts with ignorance. Luck and Griffin are rookies and they are expected to start, Cunningham was a starter and Young played in a different era. Post your opinion, but don't make yourself look like an idiot.

13. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Uhhh.. ok. I'm pointing to physically gifted athletes. No one says Tebow isnt a good athelete. If the JETS were remotely serious about him being the starting QB they would treat him like other physically gifted QB's...and he wouldnt see the field as anything OTHER THAN A QB.

14. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

A simple statement that the article proves that he is the back-up would suffice. There was no need to go and write the absurdities that you did.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Doesn't it seem like that writing was plastered all over the wall to begin with, in loud colors? How many times does it need to be said? It could not be more obvious. Sanchez is the starter, period -- there will be no competition.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

They are not "clues." They are out-and-out statements, definitive.

17. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Heh, some of this is just preemptive strikes against the "Start Tebow" crowd. Some is just to be in the news. Some is because he's a good football player.

Its interesting.

Pass the popcorn?

18. The Uniform Bomber

Yes. But there are still people around here who seem to think otherwise. They're either not knowledgeable enough about the game or they're in denial.

Just to reiterate (and I'm not directing this at you because you obviously get it):

More and more information is being made public about Tebow's various roles. In having various roles, there is an increased risk of injury.

Teams never ever ever want to put their QBs in situations that increase their risk of injury because the position is too important.

Therefore, if the Jets continue to use Tebow in roles that increase his risk of injury, then it's clear they don't see him as having value as a QB (except for in the Wildcat).

19. reverseapachemaster

Tell that to the other Tebots.:breakdance:

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Clue 1 should had been that Tebow going to be a punt protecter.