The Dark Knight Rises Official Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 27, 2010.

?

Which Comic Book Movie are you most looking forward to in 2012?

1. The Dark Knight Rises

58.1%
  2. The Avengers

22.6%
  3. The Amazing Spider-Man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Superman: Man of Steel

3.2%
  5. Random Queers in Tights

14.5%
  6. Johnny Sokko and the Flying Robots

1.6%
  1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

1:00 today I finally get to see the conclusion...

2. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Really loved the plot line. For most of the movie, I had lost all hope (but knew the magic of Hollywood would kick in).

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this move. Batman Begins I will stop if its on TV to watch certain parts. Almost all parts of TDK I will stop and watch the whole movie until it ends. This one I might only stop on TV for one moment and thats it. It was a little underwhelming considering the previews looked really good.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

See it again and you will change your tune.

5. displacedfan

It's a well made movie, don't get me wrong, but nothing memorable.

SPOILERS DO NOT HIGHLIGHT BELOW OR SQUINT AND TRY TO READ
    SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

-The Bane death seemed off. Learning the chick was the kid that escaped was cool, but then Bane seemed strange since there was no story and and he just got shot.
    -The fly the bomb away very far away ending was real silly.
    -The movie was a very good story, but I have no motivation to see it again. TDK I saw the day after again. Avengers I wanted to see again but didn't want to spend the money. This I have no reason to see it again. Amazing story, but a letdown from the trailers.
    -I felt like the judge deciding Exile or Death should have been the Joker. Obviously couldn't be done, but that part seemed perfect for him.
    - I liked the movie a lot, definitely recommend seeing it, and liked how it ended the trilogy and told the story BUT nothing just stands out for me except Alfred at the restuarant ending.
    -This movie seemed to be a drama that involved super heroes, while TDK seemed to be a crime movie that involved superheroes. And most other super hero movies are super hero movies.

DO NOT HIGHLIGHT OR QUOTE. WHEN YOU QUOTE THE BACKGROUND IS GRAY AND THE WHITE WILL APPEAR ON IT.

You have been warned.

6. displacedfan

Maybe I had too high expectations? I just thought it wasn't rewatchable. That doesn't mean its bad. It does a terrific job tying up the trilogy, I would just rather rewatch BB or TDK over this

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think so, you can't compare TDKR to TDK. Different intentions when developing the movie and TDK had to be THAT movie to create more hype for the finale. It's like Star Wars, many would argue (and I believe) that The Empire Strikes Back is better than Return of the Jedi. I think TDKR is better than BB, but it's not as good as TDK, it is close though. Bane was well played.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

My sentiments exactly.

I liked bringing Scarecrow back, Bane was good, seeing Ra's al Ghul was nice. Catwoman, much to my dismay, was pretty good.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the ending either. It's a very good movie. But The Dark Knight was the best of this trilogy.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I loved the movie, but I do feel that Avengers was slightly better. And I am a Batman guy.

Avengers is just something harder to pull off and they did such a amazing job at having all those characters work in a film. Dark Knight Rises was epic though

10. The Dark Knight

The movie I have the least issues with is Batman Begins. The Dark Knight is the most entertaining due to Heath's Joker and The Dark Knight Rises ties it all together nicely, while also introducing cool new characters. If you told me any of them were your favorite, I could not argue with you.

As for Lion's fan's complaints, for me, a second viewing made me like it and appreciate key scenes much more than the first time I saw it. Then the 3rd time in IMAX I was able to catch each detail that was involved in the final 5 minutes. It truly was genius.

#550 The Dark Knight, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  11. displacedfan

Yeah when I go through the movie like you listed, everything was good. Something didn't grab me like the other ones. Oh well, definitely worth the price of admission.

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well, considering the ending of today.

The Riddler will be a future villain.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Not gonna lie, when I saw all the stuff about the sewers in the beginning, I was totally begging to see the Penguin (possibly even played by Devito) with a short role in the movie.

But at least this catwoman was > Halle Berrys

14. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Future in what ?

Im pretty sure Nolan is done with batman movies, especially considering the ending (and all the stuff about him getting old). Even if they do a Robin spinoff, I would expect an entirely different villain rather than a rehash of the Riddler.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I think Nolan is done as well, but enough money could get him to at least help in the next one, if their is a spin-off, for Robin, or Nightwing.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

No this Nolan verse I think is done

Someone will re-do Batman story in another decade I think

17. The Dark Knight

Bottom line is Batman is a money maker for Warner Bros. who just lost the Harry Potter franchise and Nolan's Batman franchise. If you think they will wait a decade you are mistaken. They will probably crank one out by 2015, 2016 at the latest. Not saying it will be good, but that is what will happen.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

It'll be at least 5-10 years until another batman. It's gonna be a complete reboot. Fingers crossed for Aronofsky

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I mean Spiderman came out with a new remake like 2-3 years after its trilogy ended.

So who knows

These mofos are greedy

But considering how shitty some of these hero movies have been, id imagine the next installment isnt that great.

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

It's time for an R-Rated batman

That would be awesome.