17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

one of the best games was the jan sunday night game against Cincy in 2009/2010 it was like 9 degrees....didnt u see royaltees oils...oh wait?

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

those who wear dockers and haggar pants are going to freeze what little balls they have left after getting them squeezed for tix.........imagine if the tri-state area gets hit with a blizzard...how will all those without a 4x4 even get to the stadium? this has a chance to be a disaster and Woody and the Maras and Tischs deserve it............

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

No they don't..

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Yes they do. What other NFL stadium hosts 16 regular season home games in the NFL? The NYJETS and NYGIANTS both needed and deserved there own damn stadium.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

What other cities have two teams?

It didn't make a lot of sense to build two new football-only stadiums at the same time in the same "city". However, it made all the sense in the world to combine their resources, combine their financial assistance from the NFL, and build the finest football stadium in the biggest city in the US, the city where the NFL has its headquarters. A showpiece stadium that could be amongst the world's best. A stadium that would regularly host Super Bowls, NCAA finals, etc etc.

It doesn't even look all that different for Jets games than it does for Giants games. Remember all the talk of the high tech lighting that will dramatically change the hue from green to blue? Well, its weak, and it sucks. I remember before it was built they showed examples of Allianz Stadium in Munich that totally changes colors since it is also a shared stadium. Our stadium was supposed to have the high tech dramatic lighting element to it. Then, they made this underwhelming building that looks like my AC unit outside. If I put a green colored gel over a flashlight and shine it on it at night, it would look similar to what we have. Another example of how this stadium was over-promised and under-delivered (except the club suites).

I'm sure the best of the suites rival those in any building in any stadium, and country. After all, this is New York! That's where the NFL execs will be sitting for the Super Bowl.

Remember in 2008 when they showed us this?

[​IMG][/IMG]

#15245 LogeSection2RowJ, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

No thank you, but I'd take any $50 seat in the old stadium in a heartbeat.

Every seat was good.

Can't say the same about the new one.

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I agree buddy and those $50 seats will be $20 on game day. Watch and see. Many new season ticket holders bought into the UD once they experience the height I promise you they wont be back for another season.

8. Section 227. Row 5

This is the perennial nightmare for the NYJ Ticket Office. Worse, there are still PSLs that haven't sold.

But it's okay, because they've been able to sell enough suckers on the merits of the current PSL Bandwagon to make up the difference. If they sell the expensive ones now (and they probably will), it'll all be very rich gravy.

Woody's no dope. It's all on the backs of the PSLers, from which there is no escape. So, the UD rides on the backs of whatever happens in the Lower Bowl. My prediction is, the UD will never be filled and neither will the Lowers. The only way will be to lower prices substantially.

#15248 Section 227. Row 5, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

$50 a game is cheap by any NFL standards. Those UD seats a good majority of them will be sold by individual game sales. Not too many are gonna wanna sit all the way up there for any length of time. No way in hell.

10. 17a_tailgater

this is New York.there are 2 teams.and we are the #2 team. also there is a bar every 2 feet.also hi def tv's surround sounds in every home.

i think they are starting to realize we don't have to come.but some of us still want to.at least until they push us to our limit

11. Section 227. Row 5

They've already started doing the things we predicted they would have to do for the UD:

1) Diminishing prices.

2) Offering upgrades.

3) Offering parking other than Orange.

4) Letting you add to your number of seats.

This is the trend we expected once they sold most of the cockamamie PSLs. Once they have sold ALL of the PSLs I expect this trend to continue.

The high-row UD seat prices will continue to drop as they discover it's hard as hell to move those things. And the lower UD seat prices will be basically left alone. And I expect to see even more parking concessions, to the point where UD people will be allowed to come into wherever the hell they want on a first-arrive, first served basis like it always was.

Now, the only way to make up for the above losses is to start to hike the PSL seats, so I expect to see that commence once all the PSLs are sold. It won't happen now for two reasons:

1) All the PSLs are not sold yet and you don't want to scare people off and give them the impression you're going to rape them, which is exactly what is going to happen.

2) There are not enough PSL payments in the bank yet. Most people put down minimum amounts and then financed over time. More needs to be collected toward the PSL in order to set the bear trap deeper into the ankle bone. The more money they collect, the lesser the chance of someone walking away from it. I guarantee they have a very exact, calculated formula from which financial experts are able to predict the tipping point. My guess is another couple of years. Once a certain percentage is in teh house, now they can concentrate on tightening the thumb screws but good.

So the trend that I'm predicting is and always has been since the announcement of the cockamamie PSLs is that the UD will not experience anywhere near the price increases the PSL levels will experience. And the answer is simple... they cannot raise prices too much in the UD or they'll experience the same defections they've see in the past year. But in the PSL seats, the hook is being set deeper with every year that passes, so the time will come when they'll "set the hook" and yank up on the fishing pole and once again resume the unmerciful 10% per year price hikes on those guys ala Woody Johnson's first 8-year doubling-the-price time period.

#15251 Section 227. Row 5, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  12. 17a_tailgater

when is the last payment of psl's for the people who agreed to a 5 year plan?

13. Section 227. Row 5

I don't know, but I'm sure they have a definite, mathematical formula and solid "go" date from whence the unabashed price hikes commence for the PSL seats.

And on the UD side of the equation, I honestly think the Ticket Office would not have moved up the date for the Upper Deck price concessions and parking lot easing were it not for the fact that they were faced with shocking defections last year. I don't think they planned on giving the UDers squat until ALL the PSLs were completely sold. Then and only then could they start the snake-in-the-grass 10% price hikes and get away with it.

But the decision was made to help out the UD before all the PSLs were sold because they were faced with MASSIVE cancellations... scary to the point of "Holy Shit, we've got to do something or we'll lose 25,000 seats!" Shocking numbers of people with many many years seniority were calling up and telling them to shove it.

So the decisioon was made to move up the timing of giving in to the UDers and easing the Stalin-like Gustapo tactics that we've all come to love so much. Orange Parking Class Warfare and playing fuck-around with upgrades and better seat availability to newbies while fucking over people with seniority, not giving them any more seats unless they buy a PSL and offering free parking and no Preseasons to newbies while collecting for it from seniority people.

That shit backfired so fucking bad they had massive cancellations and the money in the till was diminishing faster than the money coming in from the cockamamie PSL payments. And no more season ticketholders in the UD, so now it's more work to sell the damned things which they are finding out now.

What to do? Release the strangle hold on the UDers immediately so we can get some relief. And the hell with the rest of the PSL sales for right now because this is more serious. It looks like shit and we can't have that. So we'll appease the UDers right now with some of the shit in our tool kit and wait until later, after we've sold the rest of our fucked up PSLs to some more rich suckers, to go back to giving the Upper Deck more shit so we can put a final stop to the defections and cancellations up there.

And then, moving forward, what we'll do is leave the Upper Deck prices alone because the pain threshold up there is extremely low and those fuckers will cancel in a heartbeat. But we can make up the difference with the assholes in the 100s and 200s because those are the marks that fell for the cockamamie PSL idea to begin with and now we've got their nuts in the proverbial wringer and all that's left to do now is have Woody start cranking the fucking handle.

14. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The NYJETS faced the possibility having the UD nearly empty. So they went into full bore UD ticket sales blitz.

Offering current UD season ticket holders the chance to relocate only after the fact once they knew the new UD season ticket holder well ran dry. Then they came out with a desperation move. $50 UD tickets for ALL that was left.

I know a guy who not only got UD seats for $50 he got free parking and was able to decline the pre-season tix. Imagine that.

The NYJETS pulled out all the stops to get people in those seats.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Yes and there's going to be more of that. They are smelling the coffee now and realizing this "state of the art" POS offers intolerable UD seating for the most part (I am talking rows 12 and up). Unacceptable seating. And you are right about one-time purchases. They will be faced with one-time sales year after year because most people will realize that even $50 is a shitty deal.

So the trend will be, ease off on the UD and make up the difference on the backs of the other two levels. You will see this happen big time once ALL the PSLs are sold and the noose has tightened a little more around the necks of all the existing time-payment PSL purchasers.

Mandatory Orange Parking punishment for the UD will be a thing of the past and we'll look back on those days as exactly what it was... a sales tool for the "reps" to use to coerce long-time seniority people into buying their overpriced PSLs.

The good thing about being in the lower rows of the Upper Deck is that the precedent has already been established that the UD guys aren't going to take any more shit. Fuck with us one more time and we're leaving. And they know this now, believe me.

So it'll be smooth sailing for lower row UD guys from here on out while the 100 and 200 level people will continue to have to look over their shoulders for the next price increase while seeing a squeeze on their beloved parking parking priorities. Woody's no dope and he knows where to choke the PSL chicken.... right by the neck.

16. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Heres the latest. Hard to imagine all these pre-season tix available..........oh thats right many who recently bought UD seats opted out. :eek:hmy:

[​IMG]

17. Section 227. Row 5

Preseason games have always been worth about $20. Maybe $25 on a real nice Saturday night against the Giants because it's a nice night out and t-shirt weather.

But that's all they're worth, honestly.

So why TF am I being charged $125? It's not like they know the tickets are really worth $20. All part of the screw job.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Ladies and Gentlemen its bullshit like this along with the POS hat that makes me glad im no longer a season ticket holder. Id rather have the media guide and the magnet sticker schedule they used to give out.

For those season ticket holders and those paying the PSL fees id be on the phone Monday morning demanding some type of refund after seeing this bullshit.

This goes to show somehow they say they are SOLD OUT yet still have pre-seaon tickets available, so MANY werent required to take them.

Ive got an idea for a give-a-way day............anal lube for all season ticket holders (or at least those who paid for parking and pre-seaon tix).

#15258 GMCJETS, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  19. 17a_tailgater

i sold my jets vs giants tix and parking pass for face

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hopefully for your guys sake they dont decide that the only way to turn the screws is in the first 4 rows and call it a different section like the gspots did.