Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Why would I be mad? I'm looking out for another's well being. You have issues man, your letting a guy consume your life looking up stats like worst PPG in history. You need to be evaluated, or I can just keep getting a kick out of your apparantly closet gay, insane, white lie telling self. Either works for me I guess.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

And ? Did you mention anywhere that you were only talking about NFL QBs who started a minimum of 11 games in that same season ?

Let's refresh your memory:

BTW, you little quip about Anderson being better than Tebow actually undercuts your first point, seeing as how Anderson had a lower completion % that year.

3. Demosthenes9

Maybe so, or maybe he got pulled, the stats don't say.

BUT, he did attempt more passes than Tebow while he was in and he only completed 2 of them.

And funny enough, you presented no argument against Namath doing it TWICE.

Guess what that means ? It means that you are full of it.

4. Demosthenes9

Actually, yeah, I'll dispute any "fact" that you put forth as you've repeatedly been shown to be a liar.

Still want to claim that the Florida teams while Tebow was there had more guys drafted into the NFL than anyone else in history ??

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Domination in HS and college is what I was referring to. You can't line up behind center in a DIV I school, win the Heisman, a National Championship, while breaking all sorts of records, be the highest ever rated QB of all time (at the time of his graduation) and be a terrible QB. It just can't happen.

In the NFL, he's scoring touchdowns and winning games. If it was that easy, everyone could do it. Everyone would torch the Steelers #1 rated pass defense in a playoff game. And before you say Demaryious Thomas did all the work on that play, ALL QBs get credit for yards after catch from their receivers. Why is Tebow the only one in the NFL whose passing yards don't count if the receiver ran after the catch?

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You are not paying attention to detail. My comment was in response to:

In which the OP was discussing college players. I merely pointed out that Luck and RG3 didn't win a damn thing. And coming out of college Tebow was a proven winner in comparison. I would argue that he is a proven winner in the NFL also. It may not look exactly like people want it to at all times, but in the end he gets W's. He's young and he will get better at his completion %.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Mike Greenberg thinks Tebow will start for the Jets.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Which virtually guarantees he won't. :rofl:

9. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I'm sorry that took so long to address. We're really not putting up with that kinda stuff.

10. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Never mind this post.

Saw a thread in the Jets section about what I was linking.

11. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Much appreciated though. I imagine he won't be missed by members from either side of the Tebow debate. An internet troll pure and simple.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

These names mean anything to you

Jason White
    Eric Crouch
    Chris Weinke
    Gino Toretta
    Charlie Ward

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah, why?

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Great college Qbs that sucked or did not play in the pros.

For Tebow to be successful QB in the NFL an offense would have to designed around him as primary runner instead of a passer. The problem with that is this style of offense leads to injury and if Tebow gets hurt who else can play in a system like that?

It also cuts on down longevity most running backs are done by 30 you have a very short window to be successful.

Can Tebow develop into a pocket passer? I guess anything is possible but Tebow's issues are not just learning to read defenses and accuracy per say it is that his inaccuracy is from poor mechanics that are almost impossible to fix.

So you play Tebow in a spread and hope for the best. If you try to make him a pocket passer he is no longer Tebow but a below average QB. Tebows running opens up his passing and right now he is running on 24 year old legs they get old quick in the NFL.

15. Demosthenes9

The highlighted statement indicates that you really don't know a thing about what Tebow did at Florida, or the offense that he ran there.

In all three seasons, Tebow threw the ball more than he ran it.

16. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

"Highest ever rated QB of all time" at what precisely? Nobody gives a F$%^ about Tebow's "domination in HS and college" now that he's in the NFL. Trent Edwards was a HS All American and one of the most highly recruited college freshman ever. It means squat because he sucked in the NFL.

It ain't gonna "that easy" for Tebow this season, either. Teams figured him out by the end of last season, and he lead his team to a 1-4 record. All the Pitt win in the playoffs proves is the truth of the statement that even blind squirrels find a nut every now and then.

17. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Actually, your statement indicates that you are pretty clueless about NFL football, but that's okay. When Tebow crashes and burns, I'll come back to laugh at you and all your fellow Tebots.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Well, if you didn't cut off my quote, you would see it said.. " the highest ever rated QB of all time (at the time of his graduation)" and you would have seen that I indicated precisely when he was the highest ever rated QB. At the time of his graduation.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Well, D9 pointed out correctly that cval does not know what his is talking about. He is regurgitating comments from other people who also do not know what they are talking about.

When people say that an offense that is built for Tebow centers around him being a running QB, they obviously did not watch him in college and are too lazy to look up his passing stats, both in overall numbers and efficiency. He is one of the elite passing QBs in college history, as well as possibly the best rushing QB ever.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I live in Jacksonville and have been to several gator games and have watched tebow since HS. I don't have to look at stats I just have to watch him play. Tebow is primarily a runner and was primarily a runner in college as was Vince Young, mike Vick , came newton and Alex Smith.

The difference is Tebow has bad mechanics and is harder to turn into a pocket passer. Tebow does not have a strong arm to get velocity he puts his whole body I into a throw not a bad thing just a difference.

The one thing all these qbs have in common is they struggled to become pocket passers and they have much better mechanics than Tebow.

Urban Meyer is one of the best coaches in college and Tebows pasing number benefitted from that.