Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Your opinion. BTW, Peyton Manning was terrible as a rookie in the NFL. Luck better be good this year with no excuses because the Colts have set him up for success like very few incoming rookie QBs.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

You are out of your freaking mind.

Peyton Manning's HS stats:

career totals of 7,207 passing yards and 92 touchdowns (3 years as a starter)

http://www.sporthaven.com/players/peyton-manning/

Tim Tebow's HS Stats:

9,810 passing yards, 3,169 rushing yards, 95 passing touchdowns and 63 rushing touchdowns. (also, 3 years as a starter)

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1735241

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

double post

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Not to mention the infamous game where he broke his leg and refused to come out, then ran in a touchdown. I would post a link, but my postcount is not high enough.

5. Demosthenes9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQWaQkArpE

:)

6. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

Incoming "it was the system not the qb" rants

Tebow was the top rated qb coming out of high school in his year (not verified, just going off memory) but i'm sure they will have another arguement for that.
    *edit: top dual threat qb, #3 overall qb behind Mitch Mustain and Matt Stafford. Partially right...

#146 SDI_Gator, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't think they meant that comparing all of their accomplishments in high school was the point.

They meant that as high school boys, Manning and Luck were better quarterbacks (at that time) than Tebow is now, or will ever be. In other words, for example, as a high school kid they could have quarterbacked an NFL team, thrown for 300 yards in the NFL, led a team to a playoff victory over the Steelers, etc.

A bit of hyperbole, to be sure.

That's what bothers Tebow's haters -- deep down, they can't even accept that he was the second best quarterback in his draft. He's got to be some sort of remedial case that doesn't belong out there.

It's simply not possible for them that Tebow belongs in the same consideration as, say, Josh Freeman.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They do believe that Tebow can be a top 5 QB. I hope he becomes an elite but I dont see it happening.

9. Demosthenes9

I think it all depends on what kind of system he plays in. He might develop into a "conventional pocket passer" over time, but in the short term, he'd do much better running a Spread Option system, or next best case would be a "normal" Spread system.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It's hard to believe you still take anything Phaytal says seriously .

11. Demosthenes9

Oh, I don't take him seriously. Just think that the best course of actually is to repeatedly demonstrate what a complete and total liar he is, so as to prevent anyone from being misled by him.

:)

12. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Yet Manning is the only HOF QB out of the two of them at the highest level of the game. hmmm wonder why?

And everything he did before he put on the Broncos uniform MEANS NOTHING. He cant even find a team to give him a starting job, has the same issues he had since day one and was brought in to PUNT PROTECT and run some wildcat packages .. his own head coach WONT EVEN SAY HE IS A GOOD QB all he will say is he is a good football player.

Tebow isnt an NFL QB. Just get over it or keep living vicariously through a guy that doesn't even know you exist.

13. reverseapachemaster

I just don't care what he did in high school, college, in Denver, in pee wee. I just care what he does as a Jet. I don't really care if he has been winning since childbirth. I just want to see him add value to the Jets. I think he will, but not as the starting QB. Obviously the coaching staff feels the same way.

14. Demosthenes9

Gee, I don't know, but do you think it could have anything to do with the fact that Manning has 227 starts under his belt, compared to Tebow's 15 or so ? Damned if I don't think the kid should have more time to develop before people write him off.

Actually, his own coach has said that he's a good QB as well as a good football player.

Ummm, last I checked, Tim Tebow was the #2 QUARTERBACK for the NY Jets and as the Jets are an NFL team, that makes Tebow an NFL QB whether you like it or not.

15. joolander

joolander New Member

ehh fuck timmy tebow. that 90 yard drive still makes my butt hurt

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

A few points...

Very unlikely Tebow could be a HOF candidate after 3 years in the league. As of Manning's 3rd year starting, he was not a HOF QB.

Jacksonville was going to give him the starting job, but apparently he went to the Jets to take Sanchez's job.

Does Manning know you exist? Do the athletes you support know you exist? I would argue that 99.9% of fans support Division I college and professional athletes that do not know they exist. Since when is that a standard for being a fan?

Oh, well dang I didn't know Michael Jordan, so I was just living vicariously through a guy who didn't know I existed. Shame on me!

17. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Well, I think I was making the point that the QB often gets all the credit and unjustly so. With that said, many other QBs could have done what Tebow did (but probably with their arms rather than legs). Ok, maybe not Orton, but Sanchez has led big comebacks. Peyton, Elway, etc, probably would not even need to make a comeback as they would have Quarterbacked their teams to a win far sooner. Tebow deserves some credit, but not as much as his fans heap upon him. Who expected the Jets to beat the Chargers in 09? Was it Sanchez or a team? Who expected the Jets to beat the Colts in '10? Was it Sanchez or the team? Its the team. I assure you its the team.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

s gg

You are that sure that Jacksonville would have their number 1 pick from the year before to start Tebow? Not so sure that would have happened.

Manning was good as a rookie breaking the rookie passing record only to beaten this past season by Cam.

Comparing Tebow to Peyton is like comparing jeremy Lin to Mike Jordan

19. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

I only use Manning as a refrerence because I think he is what a QB should look like. I am not a big Manning fan other than as a great QB. What I am saying is why do you and others get personally invested in someone you dont know? I mean what kind of life do you have where you need a Tebow in it to make it better? I love sports and I enjoy seeing people play the game right but I don't love players. They are just people getting paid to play a game, some are nice some are not.

If Tebow was your boyhood friend or college teamate, cousin, uncle whatever by all means come in here and stick up for the guy but my god I'm sure you have probably never met the guy.

Its this idol worshipping that make me want to vomit. Tebow puts his pants on just like you and I, he isn't any better than you or me he is just famous.

20. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I knew Tim when I was an equipment manager at UF... We weren't best buds or anything, but I'm sure he'd recognize me if we crossed paths walking down the street. I can't really stand Tebow the celebrity or Tebow the religious figure, but I love Tebow the guy and Tebow the football player. I have him to thank for my championship ring. I had my doubts after watching him throw in practice his freshman year and was tentative on his ability to pass it around the field on a regular basis as a starter.... BOY was I wrong. He proved me wrong and I can't wait for him to prove the rest of his doubters wrong. And he is 100% genuine... The coolest player I ever had the honor of working with.... THAT'S why I'm on here defending him.