17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

You bet they would. It's no accident as to the timing of the PSL payments. They've received your ticket money. No PSL payment, you lose the rest of the season.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its funny to see him say the exact same thing... over and over and over again...

3. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Void the tickets? So if 20,000 PSL holders decide not send in payment they void 20,000 tickets? I think you are wrong.

Can someone answer the original question with the correct answer please.

4. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Sorry Jerseyboy...that is the correct answer. They will void the barcode on the tickets. Call a rep...ask them. Do you really think they would let you use the tickets for the rest of the year when you didn't pay the PSL payment?

In your case the broker would be all over you after his clients got denied at the gate. It leads to a very interesting question...when do you default? November when the PSL payment is due and lose the rest of the year or in April when the season ticket payment is due after you've just paid the PSL payment in November...hmmm...

5. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I actually had to look a few times to make sure I wasn't reading a current post...they were all very similar right down to the :sad: !

6. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

To answer you GMC...I don't think they're counting on 20,000 people not making PSL payments. That being said, what do they have to lose? They have your ticket money for the year. They could throw them on stubhub or wherever and sell them for face. They've instantly doubled their season ticket revenue for the later part of the year.

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Who would pay the ticket money if they couldnt pay the PSL fee? Really? 20,000 was just a number I threw out there lets say 2500 for arguments sake. The person fails to pay the PSL fee and the current season ticket fee. So they sell PSL zone tickets to people who dont have to pay the PSL fee. So guys who paid all that money can be sitting next to people who cherry picked? Id be pissed wouldnt you be?

#15187 GMCJETS, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  8. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Well ST payments are due in April (March thru June if you do the installment), PSL payments are due November. They have your ST money for the year. You don't pay the PSL payment in November, then the November and December games are void for your ST.

More directly to your question, yes they could. And why wouldn't they? They've already been paid for those games. Anything more they get is gravy. Would I be pissed? Not really if I made my payment. Those people would be renters to coin a phrase used here. To get those seats full time they'd need to pay a PSL or premium from another STH.

9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The NYJETS need to do what they need to do. The current situation in the UD would be enough to get me livid if I was a still an investor in the season ticket game. Weeks prior allow current season ticket holders to upgrade at FULL PRICE. Then sell all the leftovers for $50.00 a ticket? Plus I heard some of those bargain shoppers also got FREE PARKING. I dont care where it is it still beats paying $25.00 a game.

The lies and games played isnt fair to anyone including those who got screwed. I recently found out the person who bumped me out of my seats that I had for 20+ years bailed after the first season. Imagine that. I would probably still be there had this not happened and the height issue wouldnt bother me as much as it does now.

10. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I agree. Letting people move and then slashing prices after the fact was completely wrong. If I had moved up a couple rows only to find out that my original tickets would have been cut by $20 to $25 per game? I'd be pissed and want my old seats back which, of course, at that point they could not do it.

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

when i click the link it is unavailable. plus i remember posting an article that stated that the stadium could not support a roof

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Glad you agree and rightfully so. Some of the others who see things differently need to learn by getting screwed like I did. Bend over and squeal like a pig cause no one at the NYJETS ticket office will listen.

#15192 GMCJETS, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah but you're not going WAY WAY WAY back. Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble published an article in 4,000 BC about covering cave entrances.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well I had found the press release announcement from NYJs of the new stadium on google & posted in this thread many, many, many pages back. In that blurb it said the stadium can be domed & that the rails for the dome would be installed on the top of the stadium to support a dome :sad:

15. championjets69

I have not the foggiest idea what jet nation is :sad:

16. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Of course you did....

17. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Of course you don't. You just quote them as a source. That ain't my quote, That's your's. By the way, how is Jake? I guess his podcasts didn't make it. You know, the bad economy and all. I'm sure he had a bunch of useful facts though. And c'mon, Champ. It's Jet Kingdom, not Jet Nation.

#15197 JetsFan#1, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  18. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Understood. But the real question is could those cave entrances support being covered.

Perhaps the answer is in a podcast by Wilma and Betty. I'll post the link. Give me a minute....

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I remember reading the new stadium as built cannot accomodate a retractable roof. This is a meaningless discussion. Many of us wanted the roof. It would have made a PSL fee more appeasing come Nov-Dec-Jan games. It was all about the profit margin for the JETS/GIANTS and not about the fans (season ticket holders) when they built this place.

20. championjets69

I have not the foggiest idea what U are taking about concerning jet kingdom or jet nation or jet whatever :sad: