17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

This is true they do not have SS number. I already paid 6K for 8 PSL and always thought about just not making payment but would lose out on 6k so who knows....

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you had to actually pay it with something though right? check? credit card?

i have to think if they wanted to find you they could use that info to track you down. i dont think too many people just walked in and paid their psl in cash.

i wonder how that douche who "won" the psl auction is doing these days... what did he pay 60 grand or some shit.

3. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

True. But they can't just charge your card or account. They could send letters to your address, very threatening ones too :eek:hmy:

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

woody isn't dumb.he will bleed the PSL's slowly

5. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I agree 17A. But at some point the fact that someone paid a PSL becomes irrelevant. They will no longer care that they paid PSL money 10 years from now and walk away. I can't believe there are many people willing to pay $4,000 per seat per year to go to games no matter how much they've already given him. This was proven with the failure to sell out the mezzanine clubs. The PSL becomes a sunken cost at some point that PSL holders can just walk away from. If they can't keep someone who paid $10,000 in that seat there's no way they get a new person to do it.

I'm sure price increases will be similar to what they've been and as 227 stated in about 7-8 years the price will double from what it is now. In 7-8 years the $10,000 paid two years ago will mean almost nothing to the person who paid it. There comes a point when it just doesn't make sense to send Woody $4-5,000 for a season ticket so you don't "lose" the $10,000 you've already given him. Either try to sell the PSL for something or just walk.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHO on the retractable roof is it will be installed & the PSLers at least will be assessed another PSL to cover the cost of the roof :sad:

7. championjets69

On the shared stadium I think U may have missed the point. If both us & the NYGs would have had to build new stadiums then the cost of the 2 stadiums would have have been much higher then the 1 stadium shared by both teams. Do the math I think I remember the NYJ NYC proposed stadium alone was over 1B so it would be fair to say a NYG stadium by itself would be another 1 billion or more which means the shared stadium @ 1.6B was cheaper then the cost of 2 stadiums :sad:

8. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The main reason I didnt pay for a PSL was I didnt want to be held hostage by the NYJETS. What if I did want to or have to walk away? What would the recourse be? Would the NYJETS send hitmen to my house to collect the unpaid PSL money? Would they put a lien on my home or my assets? When I asked the ticket rep he never gave me an answer. Id like to hear from someone who walked away.

9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I remember reading somewhere where the stadium isnt structurally designed to accept a retractable roof.

10. 17a_tailgater

imagine that??? ha ha upper deckers cancel season tix bc of roof charge.and psl's have to foot bill....oh man i can see this happening after the super blow bc of bad weather during that game

11. Jerseyboyisback

If you dont want tickets for a year or a couple of years you just sell tickets to a broker for a profit like I am and try and sell PSl if you never want them again.

If you need a year or 2 off than you just sell to a broker and keep PSL.

12. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

GMC, you are correct.

Therefore Champ, your HO is not :sad:

13. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

If they do decide to make any structural changes to the current stadium they could issue additional PSL's. The PSL's are valid for the current stadium as long as it remains in its present form. If they decide to add anything to it, lets say they knock down the race track and build an addition of some sort, they could feasibly charge additional PSL's.

That being said, they had and have a hard enough time selling the ones they have. The chances of that happening are extremely slim at least in the forseeable future. The economy turns around and starts roaring and the Jets win a couple superbowls, maybe. However, as Champ will tell you that ain't happening anytime soon.

14. championjets69

Better start reading back in this thread & I mean way, way back cause I posted a article in which it said that the rails for the dome were already installed on the stadium when it iwas built & can naturally then be domed. :sad:

15. 17a_tailgater

and is your go way back & i mean WAY back i have posted article disproving your article...please someone search this.

16. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

If you dont pay the current year PSL payment along with the ticket cost I dont think tickets will be issued. So how can you sell something you dont have? What happens if you owe half the money for the total PSL fee and you opted the payment plan and you dont pay?

17. 17a_tailgater

not all psl tickets will be sold for a profit to ticket brokers.lets be serious

18. Jerseyboyisback

PSL payments are due November 1st....SO maybe they void all tickets after that date???

19. Jerseyboyisback

I guess your right so if anyone does buy a PSL buy low rows or aisle seats worth more!! Also Lower level too!

That is what the brokers told me.

20. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Here's your quote Champ...from a podcast at Jet Kingdom. Really? I'm making a podcast that says it's not.

Can someone please quote that as a source? I'll send the link for it...

Champ...have you SEEN the stadium? The top of it has steel girders that will not support a roof. If they ripped those down and added some type of support they would lose the top rows of seating. Not to mention that RIPPING something down and losing seating is far from "installing a dome in the future quite EASILY"

Damn...I hate having free time...if the girls would wake up from their naps...

#15180 JetsFan#1, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012