17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think a lot of us feel that way. Most of us did eventually get the upgrades we should have had from the git-go, so now I think a lot of guys are okay with their seats... I know I am.

The bitterness comes from how the Jets handled it all from Day One. So this is what this thread has been all about... cronicalling the history of the move from the old stadium to the new and the evolution, if you will, of what it took for some of us to eventually get the seats we knew we deserved by nature of the fact that we such long-time STHers.

I think for the most part guys are fairly happy with what they got, but it certainly took a lot of tenacity on our part to get it done. No one in their right mind ever envisioned having to FORCE the Jets to give out better seats, but in the end, that's what it took.

But they drew first blood. And I won't forgive them for that and will never again trust what they tell me. If you didn't buy one of their cockamamie PSLs you were dumped on. Class warfare with the parking situation, making us go out to fucking Oshkosh to park. Holding back thousands of better seats in an attempt to coerce you into a PSL... making life as uncomfortable as possible.

This was, without question, one of the dumbest, stupidest business models and decisions imaginable. Fucking over your most loyal fans to force them into something most fans didn't want. In the end, it bit them on the ass, as droves of UD guys threw in the towel and cancelled their next season. Only the toughest of Pepsi Corner-type guys fought it out with them and eventually won. All the others cancelled in disgust and said, "Enough is enough."

2. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I have read it. What I was saying is how could they have made it better so that everyone was happy? My point is there is no way everyone could have been happy. I was not giving the Jets any accolades. I don't recall any cheering from me for the way the Jets handled the seat allocation process.

I've read every post about how it sucks...if you were doing the process how would you have handled it and made EVERYONE happy? (That's a rhetorical question by the way).

Rather than using an extreme example like cancer and Hitler, it's like saying my house was built poorly. Ok...how could your house have been built better? I have no love for the way they did this process, but I'm not blind to the fact that I don't know how you make 80k people happy. There were 8 people in my house growing up...at no time were everyone of them happy with the way something was done.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I WORK IT BACKWARDS HERE
    1ST- general admission parking.first come first serve. not this if u didn't get a psl u have to remote park.bc thats what the izod and race track orange parking is...remote parking.

2ND- they shouldn't have saved seating. i know a guy who bought 4 front row end zone psl's which he resells ala jersey boy.which this annoys me to no end. and was given the option,which he did, buy row 5 and 6 on the 50 upper prime 6 seats in each.and this guy was called weeks into the process.those upper seats were never offered to me and i was called on day 3 of the process

4. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I agree with the parking and I think they are moving towards that. I think they will keep the green, but everything else will be first come first served. They are already offering yellow passes to upper deck STH. I'd actually take it a step further and not require parking passes at all. Annoying to have to pay for all 10 games of parking up front.

We know for a fact that they held seats in the beginning. Whether this was the case with the guy you know we will never know. It could have been that people decided against their seats and dropped them or that the rep said here is a guy willing to pay $16,000 in PSL's AND $13k in tickets...let me give him what he wants. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the business side of it is I have someone willing to pay $30,000 right now. Unfortunately that would probably trump someone willing to pay $5,000.

When the process started they had, what...30k STH's and waitlist of 14k. They thought there was no way they wouldn't sell out. They never thought the sales process would be such a complete failure. They've since slashed prices and they still have not sold out of upper deck seats, PSL seats or club seats.

5. 17a_tailgater

i was Day 3 10 am in the morning. no way all row 1 prime should have been gone.
    if u bought a psl u were allowed to increase your ticket amount.uppers u weren't.

also ticket agents constantly gauged what u wanted before your call date.i was a constant no i don't want a psl.not interested at all.but a guy who said yeah i want to buy some $10,000 psl's who was gonna flip them was rewarded with great uppers.

6. 17a_tailgater

no I'm getting angry again DAMNIT

7. 17a_tailgater

GET THE $$$$$$$$$

[​IMG]

8. 17a_tailgater

9. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Yes, that's true. If you had two seats you were only allowed 2 upper deck seats, but you were able to increase that by the amount of PSL's you bought. I know a guy who had 8 seats in the old stadium in the mezzanine right around the 50 yard line so his call came day 1. When it was all said and done he wound up with something like 16 seats in the new stadium. I can't really blame the Jets for that though. Again, here is a guy willing to shell out what amounted to around $100k in PSL's and tickets...could they turn that down? You only got to increase the amount of seats you had by the number of PSL's you bought. The Jets don't care what you do with the PSL's once they are sold.

I am in agreement with a lot of the issues everyone on here has expressed. My only point is there was no way to make everyone happy. By no means am I happy with what my options were when my call came. But like everything else in this world, business is business.

At the end of the day I just love going to the games and hanging with friends and family. To me it's like a mini vacation 8-10 times a year. Maybe I'm also a little biased...I'm married with two girls. I get to escape estrogen for 8 hours on a Sunday. At least until my youngest gets old enough to go. When I'm home she's the only one watching games with me. She's almost 4...I'm probably poisoning her mind watching these games. :eek:hmy:

10. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Oh how I miss the spirals! LOL!

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

Nothing more fun than the "dash for cash" game in the spirals back in the 90s. People would toss cash into the middle of the spiral and as soon as someone made a run for it the beer and cups would come raining down :lol:

Good times until they wised up and put fences around so you couldn't get into the middle anymore.

Still missing the old place...

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The spirals actually made getting in and out of the UD alot easier. The new stadium could surely benefit from them. Instead you feel like a herd of cattle going up and down. If theres ever an emergency and the need to get out of the UD in hurry you are screwed.

13. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Now the design of the stadium...there's something that I think they made NO ONE happy with. Even club seat holders aren't happy with that. Even with green parking, coaches club people need to walk all around the stadium to get to it. I think they thought the race track would not be there and they could have parking around the whole stadium. Instead, at the very least, you are walking half way around the stadium to get there. That is simply genius.

The entrance/exit of the old stadium was the best ever for everyone. Club seat holders got to park right by the stadium club and walk right in. "Regular" STH's got to park by the escalator closest to their seats and get in with no problems. Imagine that...only having to walk 1/4 of the stadium at most to get to your seats wherever they were. Simple concept one would think.

#15153 JetsFan#1, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  14. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Fans asked for amneties such as a retractable roof,more restrooms, easier access to food and vending better parking and tailgate areas. I know I filled out survey after survey. Who did they listen to? Certainly not the real fans.

I cant believe that stadium won a design award who were they competing against the defunct Xanadu sports complex.

15. Section 227. Row 5

This is the part that blows the most with The New Mausoleum Stadium (aptly named because so many PSLers are "buried" financially).

Instead of taking the best attributes of the old stadium and improving them, they eliminated some of them. The "up only" one-stop escalators for example, which turned into "down only" at the end of the game. One escalator for the Mezz and another for the UD. From parking lot to within 200' of your seats and back again. Genius! Did we borrow that idea and maybe even improve on it? Mmmmm.... Nahhhh.

We were allowed to park near our gate in the old days... making things easy and extremely convenient. I could even take my dad who was elderly at the time. A real pleasure. Not much walking for him. Did we borrow that idea and maybe improve on it? Mmmm..... NAhhhh...

360-degree parking at Giants Stadium... easy for anybody in any section. Did we give that any thought? Mmmm.... Naahhhh...

Steep slopes in the old stadium, with overhangs that shielded 40% of the fans from the rain. Brilliant seating concept. Did we borrow any of that and even attempt to imrove on it? MMMM.... Naahhhh....

The list goes on. And they wonder why someone like me balked at buying a PSL to help finance this POS. If the stadium had been a new, larger, improved-upon version of the old one, and especially if I were going to get my same location back, I might have been talked into a PSL. But not in this POS. No way.

16. Section 227. Row 5

LMFAO...

Yeah, I forgot about the retractible roof. That would have helped sell PSLs. And it was originally billed as a "shared stadium" to keep costs lower and perhaps diminish or eliminate the need for PSLs. That didn't happen either. The whole thing was a lie from the git-go and then they want you to pony up and help chip in to build the fucking thing? Oh yeah... right... that's happenin'.

17. 17a_tailgater

Shared stadium ha ha ha ha means shared costs hahahahhahh means lower prices for fans hahhahhahahha

i would like mezz seats on 40 yard line please........sure that will be $15,000 for a psl and $295 each game including preseason @_@

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

MetLife stadium raking in the $$$. Only NFL stadium to host 16 regular season NFL games. Why wasnt the profits shared with the longtime loyal fans who paid ticket invoices on time year after year without a payment plan. Way to shove it up our asses Woody Amway Johnson.

19. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

That award was probably the biggest sham. The GangGreen.com could isssue an award for the worst stadium...if we have a magazine to print it, we could "issue" the worse stadium design. We just need someone at the Daily News or Post to print it. THAT was a joke.

The Giants and Jets did not want the roof. It gave away the home field advantage. Realy?? It's definitely a better home field advantage when both teams are playing to "sold out" stadiums in December/January. By sold out I mean lots of Dolphins and Redskins fans late in the year.

And I'm sure if you google it Xanadu won design awards as well. Now Disney may be taking it over. Who knows what that holds.

20. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I don't quite buy this part of your arguement. Yes, PSL'ers have plucked down a big sum (some bigger than others). But if a person put down, lets say $10k with ticket prices at $140...if Woody decides I'm gonna charge them $300 a ticket per game next year would people really pay $3,000 as opposed to just walking away from the $10,000? Especially those that are financing? I would walk...those financing..? I don't see why they wouldn't and make the Jets find them...they gave no SS#, just a name and an address. Why throw good money after bad money? And if I feel this way I'm sure there are a lot of others that feel the same. If they can't keep people who have put thousands down to buy those tickets, how in God's name could they get new people to do it?

I'll never condone people walking away from a comittment, but they've set the stage of random, unknowns buying tickets. I don't see how they could pursue them.