Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. reverseapachemaster

You mean like, "yo Mark your ass looks banging in those pants, why don't we go pray together in the dark? I loved your GQ spread. I put it up in my locker."

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I believe the OP is wrong and if Tebow were to start all 16 games 12-4 would be just too good , I certainly feel Sanchez is a better QB and will start but some of the stuff that is said about Tebow simply is not true. So I will stick up for Tebow because someone has to.

Their style of O? Denver? LOL! Denver;’s style of O was 7-24 in previous 31 games before Tebow's start at Miami last year (worst in the NFL) and the patriot D "sucked" all the way to the superbowl

I do not agree with the 6-10 because there is absolutely nothing to back it up, he was 8-5 last year with a worse team and has never had a losing season as a starter dating back to pop warner. I do agree with the other stuff though.

That is not the entire story by a long shot. The defense did play better when Tebow took over, dawkins, Bailey and Von Miller all admitted it and said tebow did make the team gel. So if you want to argue that argue it with them. Tebow was not the only reason the Broncos completely turned around that abysmal record and ended 8-5 with a playoff win , obviously special teams and defense were a huge part as you mentioned .

BUT without Tebow the Broncos do not go 8-5 and into the playoffs , as Tebow is one of the 3 pieces that were neccessary to get that accomplished (Quinn and Orton would not have had that success running the same offense) defense and special teams being the other two . This can not be argued and is fact.

Therefore Tebow deserves as much credit for the turn around as the defense and the kicking game and if not as much quite a bit (he was one of the 3 pieces) .

I believe Sanchez should be the starter and is a better QB but your ridiculous assertion that tebow has no passing ability is ...well.....ridicoulous. For goodness sakes tebow has a higher lifetime QB rating than sanchez.

This I agree with 100%

#22 CowboysFan, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  3. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

As a Tebow fan, statements like this OP are why Tebowmania is looked at so negatively.
    Absolutely baseless prediction that has about zero chance of happening. Don't get me wrong,
    I would love to see Tebow start, but to say he could go 12-4 this year... I have no choice but to laugh and shake my head.

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/05/24/jets.qbs.ap/index.html#ixzz1yFdTcrS4

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...truggles_JUPlm5mLoT3cs483L4XedI#ixzz1yFfLGlh3

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06...mendous-jets-coach-insists-no-qb-controversy/

Just because YOU wrote it doesn't make it count as "published."

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Tebow makes wine into water. certainly he can make the jets 12-4?

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I'm sure both guys would really love that.

7. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

I can make wine into piss. Can i make the jets go 12-4?

8. reverseapachemaster

I can make whine into piss. I'm already 12-4.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Edit ******* no use beating a dead horse

#29 CowboysFan, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

You said it. I don't know why everybody has to be on one side of the fence when it really is going to be a complimentary process. Why is that such a hard concept for people to grasp?

11. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Well let's give Tebow a chance. As well as Sanchez!

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

HOLY SHIT.

Wow, I was just looking through this dumpster and I found the biggest garbage of a thread on this forum. Thank you for the laugh.

13. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Well he did manage to make piss (the broncos) into at least coca-cola (playoff appearance)....so maybe...

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Tebow wont make the Jets 12-4. Absurd. Even if he starts due to injury and whatever else, he wont make them 12-4. He'll contribute, sure, but he has a long way to go to get to that level.

I love how Tebow fans conveniently forget Sanchez had more success in each of his first 2 seasons than Tebow had last year.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

From what I've observed, the Tebots attribute most of Sanchez's success to other factors, such as Sanchez being on a better team.

16. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

Tebots sure, but not all are really that blind. Sanchez is a better pure passer, not sure how anyone could argue differently. And Sanchez WAS on the better team..

I've been a Tebow fan ever since the first time I saw him take a snap as a Gator. He isn't the greatest passer, nor will he ever be considered an elite one most likely. But I think with the right team and in the right system, he could lead a team to a championship. It will be a run heavy team that wants to play ball control and have a great D.

You know, like the Jets...

Do I think he will steal Marks starting job? Probably not.. but I'm hoping he shows enough improvement to warrant more interest from teams that could use a QB with his skill set. Or, and I hope it doesn't come to this, if Mark blows it or gets hurt.. Tebow takes over and does well.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Yeah the defense and a joke of a division definitely weren't factors

18. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Another inane thread. Mark Sanchez will have to be a major fail this year before the Rex would replace him. Tebow may actually be stronger in some areas, but coaches just don't yank a QB without him giving them clear evidence that it's time for the move. If the Jets fall out of contention, then you'll see a QB change. Just like many other teams in the league.

19. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

The problem with this scenario is run-heavy teams no longer win the Super Bowl. Its a passing league, the new rules regarding contact over the middle and all the laws protecting QB's makes passing the only way to go. Look at the last 5 super bowl winners and see how many were top 10 running compared to top 10 passing.

11' Giants - 5th passing 32nd rushing 19th Total Defense
    10' Packers - 3rd passing 27th rushing 5th Total Defense
    09' Saints - 1st passing 6th rushing 25th total defense
    08' Steelers - 10th passing 14th rushing 1st Total Defense
    07' Giants - 18th passing 1st rushing 7th total defense

One team in the past 5 has won using your scenario, run heavy offense with a great D. What I see is that pass heavy offenses with a mid-range D have a better shot at winning right now.

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Although I agree with your statement, I do think with most teams gearing heavily to pass defense, a good running team with a solid defense could make a serious run.
    Other than the Steelers, a balanced R/P offense hasn't really worked. I think that is what we are likely to have, a balanced offense, maybe a little run heavy. It may work...may not.