Why Sanchez will succeed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, May 23, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad was cominf off TWO shoulder surgeries on his throwing shoulder, to compare #s is silly. He led su to 10 wins and a playoff app.

In 2007 he got hurt week 1 and was not the same the rest of the way

Brian didn't run Chad out of town, the GM and owner did.

In 2010 when the run game failed and the D failed the pass game won a lot of games for us.

Last year was about the OL being banged up and horrible and the lack of a ground game for half the season nit about opening up the O. They opened it up b/c they HAD to, they couldn't run and were trailing big in many games b/c of it.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The quote you provided doesn't really mean much. I could take a bunch of hits on my shoulder but I could get a shoulder injury later in the year from a different hit.

The article said Favre took hits on his shoulder early in the year. Then Favre said his shoulder was hurting in December. There is a lot of time inbewteen. I'll take the Favre quote that says he was injured for the last 4 or 5 games of the season than your speculation that the hits in the early part of the season was the injury.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol

caught in a lie

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6883600/new-york-jets-offense-looks-ready-take-off

Puh-leeze.

It's not like the Jets didn't trumpet their intentions to go high potency passing attack last season. You can't alter that into they couldn't run so they passed. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

According to Brad, the NFL awards the comeback player of the year based on game starts, not performance. Heh. Oh wait, the team's performance in making the playoffs, too. Not because the award recipient had anything to do with making the playoffs? Who knew?

And he is simply wrong that 06 was Chad's worst year. Chad did well, for awhile, in Miami, but Brad must have missed that game against the Ravens and then how he was, shockingly, injured again the following year. But I digress.

Schotty ran Chad out of town? Really? You mean Tanny, Woody, Mangini all wanted him to stay, and did not want Favre? I had no idea Schotty had that kind of power.

I take it the broken eggs part was supposed to be some kind of answer to the Kendall/Clarke/Bender fiasco? Well, it sure didn't work well as one. That was on the FO, dude.

Brad also contradicts himself on 08. Supposedly it was all on Favre when it came to the success until game 11. Then, despite Favre's injury, it was all on Schotty when things did not work out well at the end.

Can't have it both ways, dude. Do you really think Favre was pleading with Schotty to run the ball alot more? Heh. I don't think so.

As for last year, Brad of course conveniently leaving out how Schotty was the OC for two years in a row of the Jets going to the Champ Game. But for last year, despite all else going on with the Jets that Brad himself has, in other contexts, complained about, the "biggest" problem was the decision to open up the offense, as he puts it.

Well, I guess that is an opinion, but Brad's is that Sanchez was pretty much NOT responsible for the problems. Again, in other contexts Brad can be critical of Sanchez. Certainly people around the league are, and he has yet to break out of the bottom quarter of the league's Qb's.

Then there's the selective use of stats. Like the TD total. Wouldn't have anything to do with Schotty "opening up" the O, would it? Or are we only going to blame Schotty for all of Sanchez's turnovers, like throwing the ball at defensive linemen? Schotty must have told Sanchez to hold onto the ball too long, too.

Yea, I am glad they got rid of him.

Well, I certainly hope the Jets do better this coming season, whatever the reason for it. We shall see...

6. nyjunc

That's favre making excuses after he led the team in the tank. Favre still had zip on his passes, he was making poor decisions week after week after week. That's why we stunk in Dec, not an injury.

You believe everything you read? They weren't going to come out and throw 35-40 times a game, yeah the were planning to throw a little more but the game situations dictated how much they threw.

Look at the first few weeks, they tried running, failed, fell behind early and had to pass to comeback then vs. jax they led throughout and the pass attempts were down and rush attempts up.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Puh-leeze, again!

Sanchez threw 44, 44 and 35 passes in 3 of the Jet's 4 games to start the season. He had 21 dropbacks against the Jags to 14 runs up to the point the Jets went up by 2 scores in the 2nd quarter. Then the Jets got conservative.

Don't argue this. It's not arguable. The franchise said they wanted to pass more last season and through 4 games Sanchez was on a pace to drop back more than 660 times. This isn't arguable.

You can go ahead and waste space talking about how the Jets only went to the pass after they proved they couldn't run in the first part of the season but it would be a big lie. They actually were passing more at the start of the season than at any other point up to the collapse at the end.

8. displacedfan

Okay I'll believe your opinion and speculation over the MRI and the player and reporters. :breakdance:

The collapse at the end was the worst. 60+ pass attempts in mostly a one possession game against a great pass rush with a banged up QB and a run game that was ripping off great runs. That strategy still baffles me.

9. nyjunc

Dallas: Trail 10-0, 17-7 and 24-10 before coming back to win 27-24. Attempts 44 passes

Jax: led throughout in 32-3 win, attempts 24 passes

@ Oak: trailed 31-17 at very beginning of 4th qtr so we played catch up the rest of the game. Mark attempted 44 passes, 16 of those passes came in the 4th qtr.

@ Bal: trailed 17-7, 20-7, 27-7. Attempted 35 passes and that's only b/c we shut it down early. despite trailing, he was throwing a ton through 3 qtrs b/c we were behind.

It's not arguable, the proof is in the games.

again, all repots are that he hurt it in october, if you don't want to believe that I can't help you.

and in the NYG game we were constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long, we HAD to throw.

10. displacedfan

You provided 0 reports saying this and I provided a report saying last 4-5 games. Therefore "all" reports did not say in october and you still haven't provided a source or info or a link that says October. If you would please provide one, that would be great, but you haven't.

Funny you forgot why were in 3rd and long, because of incomplete passes on first down. We went over this in another older thread and I showed that the running game was averaging 4+ yds on the ground easily and there were only or two penalties that put us in first and long. In fact it was mostly a one possession game most of the game too. I wish I remember what thread because I put in a lot of work into that post and you dodged all the points and made points like your first one above that weren't supported by stats or links and just something you said.

11. nyjunc

I posted a link, I can't help it if you had trouble reading it but I then posted the excerpt from the article and you still pretended it didn't happen.

We were in 3rd and longs mostly b/c of penalties and failures on 1st down- some pass, some run

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Come on. The exerpt said nothing about him being injured at the beginning of the season

13. displacedfan

The posted article did not say the word October like you are repeating. It speculated Favre could have gotten hurt because he got hit on his shoulder earlier in the season. Again speculation not a report. Please provide something that says October or is conclusive link saying Favre was injured in October. Let us doing some reading comprehension

You posted "Early in the season, Favre took several hits on his shoulder but repeatedly insisted he wasn't hurt. Wednesday, he revealed for the first time that his shoulder doesn't feel quite right, even though he has played every game -- and hasn't been on the injured list for his shoulder -- this season."

This doesn't confirm when the shoulder started hurting and it doesn't even confirm the hits from early in the season are what caused the injury. The October part is all you right now. Not from the quote. So please tell me what I missed in that quote that says Favre was hurt in October. What sentence? What line? I really don't see it.

We can break that quote down too. First early in the season can mean anything. The article was published in December so early can mean anything, but lets say it means first 8 weeks of the season since that is less than halfway through 17 weeks. The remaining of the sentence says Favre took hits on his shoulder and said he wasn't hurt. The next sentence says that on Wednesday (in December) Favre says his shoulder hurts. He didn't say from what hits or since when. The remaining of the sentence says he has played every game, not on the injured less and that has no relevance on when he got hurt. So breaking it down, at no point is the time of the Favre injury confirmed in your quote and at no point is October mentioned.

14. nyjunc

EARLY in the season, that doesn't tell us?

Who cares what favre said? he always used injuries as an excuse, he wants us to bow down to him for playing through pain but when he fails he wants to use injuries as an excuse.

I would think "early" would mean Sept or october but I'm an idiot so what do I know?

Is this better?

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-10-21/sports/17907230_1_brett-favre-jets-chad-pennington

I saw every snap that man took, ther wasn't much difference in the way he was throwing in october and december, the biggest difference was he was making awful decisions. The injury was an excuse.

15. Murrell2878

It doesn't say he was injured early in the season, it just says he took some hits. And there was a big difference with how he was throwing the ball in October than how he was throwing it in December. In December the ball had no juice to it. It was either floating up in the air, or landing at the feet of the receivers. He was clearly affected by something in December that he wasn't dealing with in October.

16. nyjunc

There wasn't much difference, he was making bad decisions, throwing the ball up for grabs and hoping a play can be made. The injury is an excuse, he was more than healthy enough to lead us to wins but he was brutal and cost us the division.

17. displacedfan

Funny I said lets say early means the first 8 weeks. Although in comparison to December, early can refer to November too or early in December. That was the point I was making but I said the first 8 weeks too. You say I didn't read but another poster had the same problem and now you don't read what I write? Come on.

Yes that is better and still speculation. The sentence starts with "perhaps", not the strongest statement you can make. I saw Tom Brady take that same exact hit and be 100% healthy. So we don't know but at least you finally provided some proof for your reasoning. Why you didnt use that link first, who knows. Torn bicep and torn rotator cuff are similar injuries and again speculation. You are acting like it is 100% certain but there are reports that go against your opinion.

Like I said before, at least your provided some reasoning for your speculation which is helpful

18. displacedfan

The coaches disagree. It looks like they think there was a difference in Favre's throwing and health.

"None of the players that spoke to the Daily News knew Favre was even hurt. Tannenbaum admitted last year that the coaches were aware of Favre's injury, but they didn't believe it was serious enough to warrant putting him on the injury report. Favre's ailing shoulder, however, affected Schottenheimer's play-calling. "He would get hit on it sometimes and it would go numb," said Schottenheimer, who still keeps in contact with Favre. "I knew that. I'd see him kind of shaking his fingers, so I knew, 'Hey, I better call a run here.' "

The playcalling is mystifying because we threw a decent amount in poor weather. In hindsight the coaching staff including Mangini should have relied on the run or sat Favre like he said offered.

19. Murrell2878

There was a big difference in his throws. You need to take your anti-Favre glasses off. Favre's decision making has always been suspect, but it's part of why he's an all-time great. Gunslingers are unique in that way.

20. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Sanchez will succeed because I say he'll succeed.

/mark my -real talk-