Dan Marino: "Proven" Mark Sanchez will remain the Jets' starter

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by VanderbiltJets, Apr 23, 2012.

1. xc944

xc944 Banned

mark it down now tebow will be out of the nfl in 4 years. the dude is a joke i dont care what he did in college with his noodle short throwing arm

2. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Yeah, that unstoppable Tebow Time was worth a whopping 4th round pick. There was a real battle royale for Tebow once he was put on trading block.

In case you weren't aware, going from a 1st round pick, to being barely worth a 4th to only 2 out of 32 teams, in just 2 years, is not a good thing.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

IIRC, not too many teams were interested in Steve Young after his first 2 years of starting in the NFL. Hmmmm, seem to recall that he went on to become a decent enough QB.

Run along now and troll somewhere else Phaytal

4. phaytal

phaytal New Member

No, you are remembering incorrectly. There were quite a few teams interested in Young, and he finally went to San Fran for a 2nd and a 4th, which is a far cry from what Tebow was given away for.

Try again.

5. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Comparing Tebow to Young is probably not a wise thing to do. Tebow will never make the HOF and at his best Young was one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Your kidding me right?

7. Demosthenes9

Really ? Got any evidence to support that claim?

8. Demosthenes9

Dude, for starters, you have no frakking idea what Tebow will do in the future. Secondly, while Steve Young did indeed go on to be a HoF QB, he SUCKED his first years in the league.

9. phaytal

phaytal New Member

My guess is on his way out of both the NFL, and the closet.

While Young was not great his first two years on the Bucs, that Tampa Bay team was horrible. Nobody could have won on that team, period. He was without question the best player on that team. He was recognized, and awarded, as the Bucs 'most outstanding player'. That said, Walsh and the Niners obviously saw a ton of talent in Young. They gave up a 2nd, a 4th, and paid off Young's contract to get him, knowing full and well that he was going to ride pine for quite a few years, as Montana was only 30 years old at the time.

Again, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Don't compare Tebow to NFL legends. You invalidate every opinion you have when you do.

#69 phaytal, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  10. Demosthenes9

Oh, and the Denver Broncos were a good team ? You know, the team that Kyle Orton led to a 7-22 record if I remember correctly ??

As of Young, he was so great for the Bucs that they drafted Vinne Testaverde to replace him.

And yeah, Walsh saw something in him which is why he went against the wishes of just about all the rest of his staff and went after Young and traded for him.

But, remember what the fucking point was Phaytal ? here, let me remind you:

Last time I checked, Bill Walsh and the 49'ers were only ONE FRAKKING TEAM. You know, the ONE TEAM that was willing to trade and get Steve Young. You want to quibble over the additional 2nd round pick ? Fine, Walsh had a bit more faith in Young.

But guess what ? That's still 1 frakking team. The rest of the NFL wasn't beating down the frakking door to get Young, which is the point that was made in the first place.

Nice to see that a change of location from Denver Boards to here hasn't made you any brighter.

11. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:rofl2:

10char

12. Demosthenes9

Only thing laughable is you Phaytal :)

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

That dude a joke. He just waiting to suck Tebow dick. If he hasn't done it already.

14. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

True I don't know for certain what Tebow will do. But I will bet you a tatoo that Tebow never sees the HOF, unless its to visit. Third year in the league, 9-7 record (10-8 if you include playoffs) and he is still a back up QB. Unless Sanchez falters (and that is a possibility) I don't see him taking over the reigns. Which would put him at 5 years in the league before he moves on to a team that he can start for.

The way he runs will certainly hurt his longevity in the league and it would eventually hurt him in number of starts and potential wins. He was seriously injured against the Pats last year and would have missed weeks had that happened in say week 8.

Tebow needs the the threat of his legs to be dangerous, when that deteriorates over time and it will.... he becomes a pocket passer, which he isn't.

I just can't figure out a way Tebow stays a starter in the league?

15. catsigater

catsigater New Member

He wasn't hurt running.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

That is indeed a bold claim. Bravo.

He's never missed a snap due to injury. Drives people nuts.

17. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Cats. I understand it was a sack that hurt Tebow. I'm merely going on the law of averages. RB have a short shelf-life in the NFL. Why? Because they take so much punishment. Sooner or later all running QB's take some big shots.

18. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Bannon - the only reason he didn't miss a snap last year was because the Broncos got booted out of the playoffs. No doubt he misses some time with the damage he took if it was any other week. He couldn't even throw a ball for several weeks.

19. Demosthenes9

Got a newsflash for you, most QBs who have ever played in the NFL haven't and won't make it into the HoF. :)

You are correct that Tebow currently needs his legs to be a threat in the NFL. But, that is something that would change over time as he got even more accustomed to the game. Like Steve Young, he could transition to being more of a passing QB who could hurt you now and then with his ability to run and/or extend plays.

Had he stayed in Denver and been the starter, my choice would have been to run the Spread Option this year and perhaps next year as well. All the while, getting him more used to working from the pocket and developing timing on drop backs. At some point, the offense would transition from Spread Option to a more traditional attack.

20. Demosthenes9

RBs are also carrying the ball 30 times per game or so, as opposed to 5-15 times. They also normally run against stacked defensive fronts and get tackled by linebackers and D linemen. Tebow generally makes it past the dline and is often taking on safeties and DBs. These are differences that have to be taken into account.

I honestly can't recall Tebow being injured while running the ball either with the Broncos or while in college at Florida. He got knocked out of a game against Kentucky one year, but that was when he was throwing from the pocket. He got drilled and on his way down, his got snapped forward after hitting a lineman's knee.