Why Sanchez will succeed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, May 23, 2012.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Possibly Wilson? Oh lawds...

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Are you saying that we're just as much as perennial contenders as Baltimore?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Ravens have won 14 games more than the Jets over the last 11 seasons. They're not close as teams in terms of their results.

Put another way: since 2001 the Jets at 90-86. Over the same span the Ravens are 104-72.

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

That should send NYJUNC scrambling:eek:hmy:

5. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Probably shouldn't even bother because it's like talking to a wall but seriously, how do you compare an all-out bust like VG to a guy like Vlad who in all fairness has done nothing to contribute yet but was expected to have a long learning curve, let alone a guy like Wilson who may not be a superstar at this point but became a solid piece of the D in his second year? That's just reaching to be as negative as possible.

How about that in the past decade the Jets have drafted the best CB in the league and a guy who is probably the best C in the league? I'm not saying every pick has worked out by any means but what is the obsession with trying to act like only the negative side exists? Look at any team's draft history and you will find busts and success stories.

Good thing you're not a Cleveland or Detroit fan you would have jumped off a bridge by now.

6. But how can you post this without acknowledging that The jets had and in some cases STILL HAVE a better starting 5 than many of these teams? From 2008-2010 this was likely the best all around O-line in the NFL. The group from 03 & 04 was among the best in the AFC as well. How many times do I need to repeat this starting 5 has 3 PRO BOWLERS! Maybe the Jets just know how to build a consistently good O-line BETTER than these other teams do? Without sacrificing a ton of draft picks.

7. IN HIS ROLE. As a situational in the box safety & captain of the special team unit. I'd say he's well above average in that role.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah I think you have tons & tons to learn about the NYJs drafts thru the years.

Before posting U should check out the subject you will be posting about

The NYJs are losers for the last 43 years BECAUSE there drafting players over that period plain & simple stunk :sad:

9. Complete an utter babble. If the Jets are such losers you can wait outside when we celebrate the team's second Lombardi.

10. championjets69

As my son says who is 41 they will never win a another SB in his lifetime & this year for sure will be year 44 without hoisting the VLT :sad:

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

SOJF69 will just never get it

12. championjets69

Ha it is the other way around U & your ilk are in NYJ la-la land & just do not get it :sad:

13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Har har, sg3 has an ilk.

[​IMG]

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Recall the freak injury last year.

This squad is as thin as dictionary paper.

It still does not matter if you have better OL than the average NFL franchise. (And more so in case of DL and OLB - you need to keep rotating them throughout the game so they stay fresh throughout all four quarters.) OL/DL/OLB are still the three key areas you must never neglect under any circumstances. Given a five year stretch, you may skip once or even twice if the squad is young, capable and totally stocked. Drafting ONE OL in 2nd round (project notwithstanding) in 5 year stretch is a bad business all around.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

since 2001:

Bal 7 playoff apps, 6-7 record, 2 title game apps

NYJ: 6 playoff apps, 6-6 record, 2 title game apps

yes we have been every bit as good as Baltimore since 2001 and we have played in a division w/ a team that never has a down year, the best team in the league over the last decade.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ok, a team that is 4 games over .500 over the last 11 years is every bit as good as a team that is 32 games over .500 over the last 11 years. And the Mets are as good as the Yankees and the Browns are as good as the Steelers too.

Everybody is as good as everybody else because a little thing like wins and losses doesn't count.

17. This I agree with. The O-line DEPTH took a step back last year. They had absolutely no answer for Mangold going down. There had to have been a street free agent center with some starting experience rather than an undrafted free agent with all of a week in the system. That was indeed Everitt McGyver material.

Part of that was due to Rob Turner going down as well as Ducasse not getting the off season work that he desperately needed to get up to speed. Tannenbaum/Bradway clearly don't believe in stacking the Ol depth chart. They much prefer having 2-3 players behind the starting 5 w/ the versatility to play multiple positions in a pinch( See 09 & 10 when Turner/Hunter were the main back-ups). This philosophy allows for the team to use roster spots/draft picks elsewhere & can be effective. But when you have an injury bug across the unit ( See portions of last season as well as 07) things can really backfire.

18. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

The Jets are much closer to the Ravens record than the Browns are to the Steelers. I don't follow baseball but even still I'm pretty sure that the Yankees have been far superior to the Mets over the past decade. Your examples are over the top. I don't often agree with Junc but in this case I think he's got a good point - it's hard to say that the Ravens have been superior when their record in the playoffs has been virtually identical to the Jets.

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The only way the Ravens have been better than the Jets is in meaningless regular season games, which haven't translated to postseason accomplishment and are therefore worthless.