Anybody excited about the Up Coming Season???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, May 19, 2012.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

During these next couple of months this tends to be the boring time of the year.... That being said despite what the critics/analyst are chirping about. I feel we got alot of potential this year to make that run for the title. With Schotty gone (good or bad) we have a breathe of fresh air and players will buy into what Sparano is preaching.

If you think about it we have ourselves two head coaches one for Offense and one for Defense. With the addition of Westhoff on specials we shouldn't get out coached this year. I think we made some great picks in the draft with players who can contribute immediately. Plus with the addition of our new safeties we have some veteran leadership out there in the secondary. With the multiple defensive fronts we will run 3-4/4-3/4-6 we pretty much are gonna be a headache to prepare for on game day.

The same could be said about the offense. With two QB's one who runs the wild cat and can throw if need be something they never let Brad Smith do often. Then with our conventional pocket passer in Sanchez, this can be like Sanchez's first two years making the Afc championship games. We have Holmes, Kerly, Keller, And Hill we can finally stretch the field now. How do you as a defensive coordinator plan for this? We will be able to expose you in multiple forms.

Our weak spot is the O-line of course but we can work through that I think and relie on the defense early in the season to keep us in games. Well I won't keep on rambling on but I'm optimistic about the season and hope you all are too.

2. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I'll be keeping my expectations low this season. You made some good points that things have changed during the offseason, but lets hope these changes are for the better.

3. LetsGoJets11

LetsGoJets11 New Member

I dont care if the jets go 6-10, as long as we sweep the Patrishits, Dills, And Fins.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'd rather go 10-6 and get swept by the division than that shit. wtf?

5. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

FWIW, I'd rather go 16-0 and sweep the division and all other opponents?

I'm stoked for the season. Can't wait.

6. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Only thing that scares me is at RB. Everywhere else we have gotten better than last year (aside from RT lol)
    None the less im excited for the upcoming season as I am every year! As far as 6-10? Fuck that, 10-6 sound better (and more realistic that 16-0)
    As long as we make the playoffs and at no point Tebow is the starter, im good LMAO

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Least excited I have been for a season ever probably. Still pretty excited though. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

8. GATA

GATA Member

you're not the only one
    [​IMG]

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i am. i think the jets will actually thrive with the quirky lineup on offense and i think the 'd' will be much improved. i don't have a bunch of specific reasons, just a feeling

10. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I look forward to each and every season. The consensus is we are in a rebuilding mode and not a win now mode. It will be a make or break year for Sanchez and Rex. We will see a great bunch of rookies. CANT WAIT

11. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I don't see us rebuilding at all...I fully expect at least twelve wins. I think Schotty leaving alone gets us 3 more wins.

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

We're doomed...the media says so.

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Alot of unanswered questions. The rookies we drafted all look good on paper. Aging slow LBs, which 2 Safetys will prevail as startes. the OL, will Joe Mcknight have a breakout year, is the WR corps complete or do we need a vet like Braylon.

We shall all see soon enough.

14. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

LMFAO! I knew someone was gonna go there!

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I think we're in for 11-12 wins. One mediocre season doesn't automatically mean we're rebuilding. We still have the same core of players. The Steelers missed the playoffs 2009, then went to the superbowl the next year. We aren't rebuilding by a long shot, and don't be surprised if Sanchez breaks out and our running game works properly this year.

16. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

im always excited for football, but i'd be lying if i said i was excited about this tebow shit.

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I do think our window of opportunity is closing because we need to take the reins of the division while Brady is still here cuz he just talks major crap

18. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Very excited. I think a few of our players will play with a big chip on their shoulder. We won 8 games last year despite having a lot of things go bad for us. Here are some reasons we should, IMO, be better than 8 wins compared to last year:

1) No noticeable free agent losses. Sorry Plaxico and LT aren't big losses and will be easily replaced.
    2) Ditching Schotty's complex system for Sparano's simplistic system
    3) Rex being more involved with the defense
    4) We were last in the league in points off of offensive/ST turnovers, something that just isn't sustainable in a 16 game season
    5) We had the most turnovers in ST last year (not only not sustainable, but very uncharacteristic of a Westhoff led team)

Any others?

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Joe McKnight breakout season.

[​IMG]

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I wholeheartedly agree with your appraisal with the exception of the highlighted line. I would argue that our opponant's defensive line will be beat up way more this season than in seasons past because of an agressive ground game.

Considering all of the above, I expect the Jets to become accustomed to winning to the degree that JUST making the playoffs is NOT good enough!!!

Go JETS!!!