17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Mine is May 22nd @ 1230

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I had 4 in my name and dropped to 3 because the kid is going to college. They said because I am STH since 1981 they would let me drop one seat, they normallly don't allow one seat drops. They had my money for 2 of the 4 seats already. See 227, still different rules for different people. Incredible.

My friend has 2 seats next to me in his name so yes if I was to move it would have to be 5 or 3/2. I love my seats and to upgrade I would have to go from $105 to $125and I ain't doing that.

#14102 sec314, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  3. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Guys hate me if you want. But theres a reason the UD has no PSL all the seats suck. The new stadium is higher and further away from the action. It was PSL zone for me or stay home. Decided to stay home this season. First time since 1986 I wont have season tickets.

$5000 in an account if and when I decide to take the PSL plunge.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The UD is far away and not as good as the old place but its the only option in my book. And the Giants sold PSL's for the entire UD, maybe its the product, not the stadium guys

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't limit my criticism of the stadium layout to just the Upper Deck. Truth be known, the entire stadium seating sucks. WAY too pancaked for me... always was. I was shocked on "Meet Your Seats" day when the repn took me around and showed me the views from the 100 Level.

I said screw that. I know the UD is way too high but the 100 level is way to low and flat for me. You've got to be way back to see the field. Upper deck is great field view but too freaking far, so as far as I'm concerned, the entire stadium is a fuck up from Day One. And that's just the views, let's not even get into all the other issues... parking, escalators, mens rooms, 4-mile hikes to the car, poor positoning of the stadium in relation to the parking, etc.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I am also May 22. My time is 10:30 AM. I'm not expecting much.

My seniority is 1979, so my guess 227 is that either they've grown tired of your complaining ; ) or, they've seen your avi here and are afraid of that rifle.

Get this - in 1981 I changed the name on the account from my nickname to my formal first name. Apparently this "reset" my seniority. I protested during the initial stadium relocation and though I got that settles with them. Who knows? It seems we are all close to each other, but not in an exact order. How else could you explain Champ being behind us? Same day at least...

#14106 LogeSection2RowJ, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  7. Section 227. Row 5

I don't think it's the carbine (LOL) I think they're using the computer to factor in seat location AND seniority in some percentage combination that hasn't been explained.

Because, as you say, Champ was ahead of me and you should be too. But I have moved 3 times since my initial seats (342-Row 16). I was so pissed over that, I didn't leave them alone. They made me buy 4 ADDITIONAL seats in 335 Row 9 to get closer, telling me I couldn't "trade up" from Row 16. So that was my first move. My second move was to Row 3 in 335 Prime when I told them I am done with all 8 seats. They didn't want to lose me so they gave me the 4 in Row 3. Then this spring I got Row 2 a little closer to the 50 (but not much).

So this is how my upgrades have evolved and I doubt anyone would have taken the route I did to purchase 4 more seats just to get closer. Now they have me drawing earlier than what I would have, probably because the computer doesn't know any better and is just randomly saying, "Okay, this guy is Row 2 Prime closer to the 50 than Champ and Loge but his seniority is slightly less, but because of whtever algorythm the computer is using to select the next name, mine comes up higher I guess.

I feel bad about this, I really do, because is't not fair to the others like you and Champ and 17a. But what am I to do? Turn it down? This is all part of the complete clusterf**k and misinformation and screw ups and this time I'm on the good side of it.

I doubt there are many others in my boat, who, by sheer luck, managed to squirm up the ladder so to speak. But I also say it was determination on my part, because I was really pissed about all this. As I've said before, I never once complained about my seats and never asked for a move in all the seasons I was there. But the goves came off when I realized we were being lied to and used as tools.

8. Section 227. Row 5

How many are you looking for Loge? I have 4 and will be looking at whatever I can find closer to the 50 in the first 4 Rows of Prime. If I find something, I will be vacating my Row 2s, so somebody will be able to pick them up just after me. I wouldn't expect them to last long if I give them up.

But like you, I don't expect anything at all really. I think I'm done with my upgrades. No one is going to give up Front Row Sidelines and I'm not sure I want to go into the EZ even if Row Ones are available.

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Insane!! If you want we can work out a payment plan and you can have those psl seats this year at face.....

10. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahahahaaaa.....ahahahahahahahhhhahhaaaaa....

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

squeeky door gets the grease.
    flood the jets ticket office if you want an upgrade
    newbies are getting great seats
    people who dint renew are getting greta seats.
    they will upgrade if you complain

12. 17a_tailgater

sideline mezz i would have to say is the best seats in the house.
    would never buy that psl but still imo is the best seats

13. 17a_tailgater

14,111 posts in this thread and if you expect the Jets to play fair don't even post here.
    I'm fully expecting the jets to try to fuck me over the half price parking

14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

LOL this is very true with Half Price parking....That is why I said f it and paid credit card and took the points!!

15. LogeSection2RowJ

No, you don't want to do that.

I'm in row two now, (shallow EZ, three seats) and from what I can tell from those sitting in front of me in row one, those damn bars are a hindrance. Sure, you can get a great view if you sit in exactly the same position all game, but it does limit how you sit. A taller guy might have to slouch the entire game, lean forward or get "barred". I'm not even thrilled with how a bar dissects my view now from row 2 - I'm fine to the right of midfield, but to the left of it I get a bar slicing diagonally through my view from the 50 through the left EZ.

These bars affect the view differently from section to section, depending on the person's height, so they don't factor in all cases, but it is a risk you take when relocating. Last year after a game ended I walked along and checked the view along row 2 in different sections, and some had no "bars" in my field of view, while others did. (For me - I'm about 6' with less than perfect posture)

Back to the "relocation" I don't expect a group of three to be open for me closer to midfield. I'll probably stay where I am. Boy, this thread ought to be "hot" next Tuesday...

Like you guys, I am amazed this "ticket fiasco" just continues on and on, year after year. Then there's the "parking fiasco"... This place ought to be named "Fiasco Stadium" Then again, I guess "ticket dance" is a better term. At least some of us can upgrade without waiting years and years. Let's see how it plays out. Didn't someone here post they were upgraded last week?

16. Section 227. Row 5

This thread will light up Tuesday afternoon. Hotter than a Willie Peter Round.

17. 17a_tailgater

Just a Reminder: Jets ticket office lies

18. Section 227. Row 5

Heavens! You don't say.

19. Section 227. Row 5

I just noticed this and then realized we went 8-8 last year and still on target to be a .500 team. It takes some real stones to be a Jets fan, I'll tell ya.

But then again, the Ticket Office treats us so well that it makes up for the .500 average.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

Well, we were 6-2 at home at least.

Crazy that out of the 207 Giants Stadium Jets home games I went to, it'd be a split. (I saw them lose twice to the Giants as the away team, so technically the Jets were 103-105-1 for me there) I counted the home playoff games in this total. There were four of those. (3-1)

I missed four home games. A loss to Buffalo in '87, a win against NE in '93, a win against KC in '01 and a loss to the Eagles in '07. I have good excuses for all.