Demaryius Thomas confirms my anger over Te-Blow(me)!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

There are times for "honesty", and there are times to just keep thoughts and comments to yourself.

Question, since you are all about "honesty", what would your position be if he had given these same answers back in November, when Tebow was still his starting QB (minus the Manning stuff of course) ??

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yes I know they needed that drive to win the game Sherlock. That's not the point.... the Jets game is a perfect example of what DT was saying: Tebow Time doesn't happen if the D isn't good. Tim Tebow looked pathetic for every drive but that last one. Absolutely dreadful. That's closer to the Quarterback he is than the last drive which featured missed tackles and blown assignments all over the place.

And in case you are unaware, Mark Sanchez has 3 times as many 4th Qtr game winning drives as Tebow does, so color me unimpressed.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's ENTIRELY different buddy. Of course you don't say shit like that midseason. I mean, DUH. You keep everything in-house midseason, on every team.

In the offseason, whatever. That's peanuts compared to what we've been hearing around here the past few months.

4. Demosthenes9

I agree, it IS peanuts to what you all have been hearing around here for the past few months.

Doesn't mean that DT was right to say what he said.

FTR, I think some of the guys on this team talk too much as well, especially about stuff that SHOULD be kept in house. And it should stay there whether it's midseason OR offseason.

I don't buy into the "say whatever you want to whomever you want" mentality or approach.

5. Demosthenes9

And guess what ? I agree that Tebow time (actually, Denver Broncos time) doesn't happen if the D didn't keep them in the game. Doesn't change the fact that DT was wrong to say it the way he did.

Don't know why you felt compelled to tell me that Sanchez has 3 times as many 4th Qtr comebacks, but since you did.......

According to Pro Football Reference:

Sanchez:
    9 fourth quarter comebacks, 11 game-winning drives

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

Tebow:
    6 fourth quarter comebacks, 7 game-winning drives

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=TeboTi00

You still want to stand by that statement ??

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No but I stand by my statement that I'm unimpressed.

And DT was wrong to say what he did in your eyes, not mine.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Holy shit u just put up a stat that beat out Tebow. Now the Tebow nuts have to call each other and comeback with a new plan.

8. Demosthenes9

Tthe really funny thing here is that YOU are the one who continues to try and make this all a Tebow vs. Sanchez thing.

Are you really that insecure ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA, man, it's simply hilarious :)

9. catfish

catfish New Member

absolutely I would, assuming you are looking for short term return

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I think DT should've kept his mouth shut when you consider how many balls he could've caught that he dropped on Tebow including wide-open touchdowns.

With that being said, I can't tell you how annoying its going to be when these Non-Jets fans that only want to see Tebow start pulling for him to start. HE'S NOT STARTING.

11. catfish

catfish New Member

put me down as a Tebow fan who DOES NOT want him to start. I actually haven't seen many people here arguing that he shold start. All the argument seem to focus around why he isn't the worst QB ever and whether he can improve. He surely isnt a very good QB now, but is not performing nearly as badly as people are putting on

12. tzinc

tzinc New Member

I will take what guys like Von Miller and Dawkins say over a nitwit like DT who was essentially a bust until Tebow saved his career. From the statement you can tell he has a real low IQ!

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

"te-blow(me)"? little twisted

14. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your statement.

Calling a bust someone who spent the better part of his first two seasons on the injured list betrays a low football IQ, IMO. Especially when he ended the season showing a good deal to be excited about.

15. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

The first thing that the Broncos did BEFORE starting Tebow in 2011 was to trade away their ONLY 2010 Offensive Pro-Bowler, WR B.Lloyd, they had already traded away their #2 Vet WR J.Gaffney.
    The first thing that the Broncos did AFTER signing P.Manning was to hire xGator WR Andre Caldwell.
    ==========

I don't want to talk bad about Tim (but I will anyway cause I'm still a donkey pass dropper)

I am happy we got (HoF) Peyton (well duh)

there were some mixed reviews. (there always are Sherlock)

I really don't know. I feel like Tim can get better (well duh)

ESPN was all about Tim. That bothered some players (that's right ESPN, Tim ALWAYS credited the team)

I felt like it was a team thing. (well duh)

"I ain't going to say it was a good move, but I really don't know. --- (not the only clueless thing about DT)

FJT is a genius 'know-it-all' who will buy the Jets for the quarter they're worth next season, and then change things to suit his own view of reality...... :beer:

Nobody is spouting off about what Tim does off the field, but the usual suspect Tebow-haters. :breakdance:

PS

From NFL.com
    Denver Broncos receiver D. Thomas said Friday that he wasn't trying to disparage Tim Tebow when he implied earlier this week that he wasn't "sad" to
    see the quarterback shipped to the New York Jets.
    "When I had my interview, I wasn't trying to go in the interview and just put Tebow down as a quarterback,"
    The receiver tried to clarify his remarks on Friday.

Tebow, Thomas said, "gave me the chance to make plays. And I respect that and I love Tim for that. It wasn't no hard feelings or nothing against Tim. But he's a great player. If we had him, I'd love to have him. If we had him still, there wouldn't be no problem me playing with him. It's just that we've got another quarterback now, and I really don't talk about much about Tim no more, since he's not here with us."

Thomas said Friday that he's "not even gonna talk about" Tebow anymore, adding that he's "proud for" his former teammate.