Demaryius Thomas confirms my anger over Te-Blow(me)!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I didn't hear the audio, only read the commentary at the start of this thread. Everything he said was true. The offense did struggle at times and the defense was largely the reason there was even an opportunity for "Tebow Time". Spot on. He also touches on Tebow's need to improve reading defenses. Spot on. And how he missed a myriad of makeable throws. Agreed, DT.

Those quotes are objective analysis from a guy with a credible opinion, seeing as he's on the fuckin team. He wasn't "bashing" Tebow, he was telling it like it is. It's like that.

#61 Jake, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I've always maintained Tebow has to show significant improvement as a passer. I believe he can, but really don't have any slam dunk arguments for folks who think he can't.

Of course, they don't have any slam dunk arguments either. Only time will tell, and it shouldn't take that much longer to determine who was right.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Jake, that something might be true, might be a credible opinion, and might be objective analysis DOESN'T MEAN that it's ok to say it.

You just don't do that to teammates, even former teammates that have been traded.

I mean, if they interviewed Tebow tomorrow, he could go out there and tell the world that his Comp % would have been above the magical 50% mark IF his lousy assed receivers could actually catch. Or if the receivers could have figured out how to get some separation against tight man coverage. Or that life would have been much different if he had a blindside RT (Orlando Franklin) who could actually pass block.

He could even go so far as to say that things would have been different if he had played for a coach who's offensive philosophy was something other than 3 yards and a cloud of dust, run, run, run, run, run, and oh yeah, run again.

But you won't hear Tebow saying that and you won't hear most other players saying that, even if they agreed with it, because you don't throw your teammates under the bus.

Now, if some outsider wants to say all that, or wants to talk about Tebow's shortcomings. That's fine. It's fair game. Why ? Because they are outsiders.

And as I said, there are simple ways to talk about the benefits of bringing in Peyton Manning, without throwing your former QB under the bus.

Decker did it nicely:

Von Miller did it as well:

4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Says who? So giving a true, credible, objective opinion about someone who is now your opponent is somehow not PC? Gimme a freakin' break.

5. Demosthenes9

It's not something that one should do.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Thomas is just like Holmes.

7. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Or not....

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I like Vince Young.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nah I think you just don't like to hear anyone talk about your boy unless it's praise. Where did he disrespect or criticize Tebow in that excerpt? I don't see anything, because it's true he needs to get better at throwing, reading defenses, and with pocket presence. Pretty much he has to get better in all phases of Quarterbacking. It's 100% true, you just don't like it.

And no shit Tebow isn't going to throw anyone under the bus. Stop using that as a barometer, not everyone has to behave like Tim fuckin Tebow. DT gave an honest assesment and should not be criticized for it.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So everybody should say nice things about everybody? You just became a fan of the wrong team son.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I edited it moments after I posted it, you just have read it right away . I meant to say "he was considered a crap bust ..." I then saw I wrote it wrong and went in a different direction and corrected my post.

You can keep beating the dead horse all you want but I have :

Edited my original comments almost right away
    Explained why I don't think he is a bust.

There is nothing more I can do to explain it at this point.

[​IMG]

#71 CowboysFan, Apr 14, 2012
  12. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Fair enough. I think you generally take an even-handed position with Tebow and mostly agree with your posts re the pro and anti Tebow folks.

I just don't think D.T. really said anything that troublesome.

13. Demosthenes9

Castigater,

If DT was a "regular" person, or a commentator, of anything other than a Denver Bronco, the comments would have been just fine.

Regardless of the relative truth of the comments, or his opinion, as a former teammate, he shouldn't have said what he did.

That's just "fraternity 101" kind of stuff.

BTW, this doesn't just apply to Tebow. It's kind of an understood thing, which is why such a big deal gets made about it when players come out and stab other players in the back, or throw them under the bus, yada, yada, yada.

14. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

So he's correct and he doesn't represent the minority opinion?

15. catsigater

catsigater New Member

His evaluation is based on experience with Tebow over the course of the season. It's not a "minority" or majority thing, it's the opinion of a young wide receiver who now has Peyton Manning throwing to him instead of a 47% QB. Any wide receiver would take that trade in a heartbeat, no matter what his personal feelings about Tebow might be.

I hope Tebow becomes a QB whom, even if receivers aren't panting to work with, they're at least not dreading him being their starter. Right now, I'd say most would be concerned if Tebow was their starting QB.

And I wouldn't blame them a bit.

#75 catsigater, Apr 14, 2012
  16. Demosthenes9

Says more about the receivers than anyone else then, if they are more concerned about "getting balls" than being with a QB who took a lousy team to the playoffs and even won one of them :)

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's an interesting stance because you could easily say the defense and run game carried them to the playoffs and they fluked out a win vs PIT who sold out against the run because they didn't fear their pass attack.

And that's where I will give your boy credit, he made Pittsburgh pay via throwing, he made some big time throws in that game and flashed his true potential, that being said, he won't be facing Cover 0 and 1 very much if he's starting. Belicheat wasn't that stupid the next round and we saw what happened.

18. Demosthenes9

My apologies, I missed this one earlier.

Well, yes and no. It gets kind of complicated. Position players generally don't talk bad about other guys who play the same position. Take QBs for example. You probably won't hear another QB say something bad about Tebow or any other QB. In this case, call it "QB Fraternity Code".

Similarly, RBs wouldn't talk about other RBs, yada, yada, yada.

Now, other players from opposing teams ? That's a much grayer area :). Take Brian Urlacher. If before the Denver game, he had said "Man, Tebow is ok for a Running back", it'd be bulletin board material of course, but acceptable overall. After the game though, it just came across as sour grapes.

Last scenario would be teammates and former teammates. Again, you just don't say those kinds of things.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for you not everyone lives by this code, nor should they have to. I appreciate a player giving an honest assesment instead of the same ol cliche bullshit you always hear. I also don't think what he said was disrespectful in any way.... I'd love to hear the questions that he was asked prior to those answers, but Im too lazy to dig it up.

Hopefully Tebow handles criticism better than his fans do.

20. Demosthenes9

The defense most definitely kept them in games, but at the end of the day, Tebow and the offense had to go down and score or get the ball into FG range (helped that they had a kicker with a heck of a range :) )

But go back and look at the Bears game. Sure, they were fortunate to some degree, BUT, it's not like the Bears fumbled in the endzone a couple of times for easy scores. Tebow and the offense still had to gain those yards and score those points. Otherwise, it would have been Barber making mistakes, but the Bears still winning the game.

In the game against the Jets, again, the defense kept them in the game and even scored 6 of the points. BUT, at the end, it still came down to Tebow and the offense going 95 yards for a game winning TD.

Had that not happened, then the Jets would have won a 13-10 game.