Demaryius Thomas confirms my anger over Te-Blow(me)!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out......!"

Reason# 2,876 why this trade is soooo wrong on many levels....;

If you thought the feelings regarding Tim Tebow's status as the savior of the Denver Broncos in the media's eye were exactly how it was in the team's locker room, it'd be difficult for anyone to truly argue otherwise. However, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas -- the other half of the 80-yard overtime touchdown pass against the Steelers in the playoffs -- indicated that the internal feelings on the team's former quarterback may not have been what they were believed to be.

Here's more.....

"It's a business decision. I ain't going to say I was sad (about Tim leaving) because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn't getting no balls. You had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don't want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton."

Regarding the attitude in the locker room, Thomas noted there were some mixed reviews.

"There wasn't much talk about him, but you know everything on ESPN was all about Tim. That bothered some players too because they would say "Tim Tebow Time.' I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time there wouldn't be no supposed 'Tim Tebow Time.

Finally, Thomas shared his thoughts of the Tim Tebow trade as it relates to the New York Jets.

"I ain't going to say it was a good move, but I really don't know. I feel like Tim can get better, but it is going to take some time because he's got to read the defenses and throwing patterns."

Te-Blow has got to go...........!:mad:

LINK:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Demaryius-Thomas-not-sad-Tebows-gone.html

2. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

Like the mod said as the draft is getting nearer people start spouting all kinds of foolishness.The trade is wrong because we got a QB who is capable of taking Sanchez's job? or the trade is wrong because we actually have a QB who is not named Mark Brunell. We gave away a 4th rounder to get a back up QB who can provide some competition to our current QB.What is so wrong about that? Would you feel comfortable with Mark Brunell backing up Sanchez?
    After we flamed out last year and the locker room stuff exploded the talk was that Sanchez felt entitled and knew that he had no competition for his job.Tebow's presence will ensure that that will not happen this year.

3. Slap

Slap New Member

Hard to blame Demaryius for expressing his feelings. He did all the heavy lifting on that game winning touchdown and Tebow got all the credit. Just like Tebow got all the credit for those comeback wins, but it was the defense who kept Denver in those games while Tebow mainly floundered in the first three quarters.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Thomas was in the bottom 10 in the league in dropped passes ( measured by catchable balls ) dropped a TD bomb against bears and dropped a TD pass against the steelers.

How about posting the dozen other comments from Tebow' s team mates that were very positive ?

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Only the haters give Tebow all the credit so then they can have an argument

Btw the Thomas also had this to say :

So no, it's unlikely Thomas was in the front row at Tebow's Easter Sunday celebration for the ages. That said, he believes Tebow has the ability to wrest the starting job away from Mark Sanchez in New York.

"I ain’t going to talk bad about Sanchez, but he’s not one of the best quarterbacks in the game," Thomas said. "So I feel good about Tim going out there.”

#5 CowboysFan, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  6. Slap

Slap New Member

You mean the comments you already posted half a dozen times?

Why? Can't handle a dissenting opinion from someone who actually played with the man? Guess not. Gotta be a 24 hour slurpathon or the Tebow fans get upset.

We'll see which of these two young players makes a bigger impact on the field over the next couple years. And which one sells more jerseys.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No I meant these
    I am not sure what you mean about posting a dozen times .

Brian Dawkins
    ‏ @BrianDawkins
    Follow
    @TimTebow, I wanna thank u, 4 wht u helped us do last year. On the field & off! I have NO doubt that u will B a blessing 4 the Jets!
    https://twitter.com/#!/BrianDawkins/...16616163106816

Miller said that Denver quarterback Tim Tebow can lift more and weighs more than him. But he swears he can outrun Tebow.

Miller did say a lot of nice things about Tebow. “I love him to death,” Miller said. “He’s the most consistent person I know.”

http://www.danpatrick.com/2012/02/01...nough-of-pats/

Denver's most discussed player, receiving a lot of praise from the Broncos centerpiece..

"I said before, I trust him. I trust him with everything," teammate Von Miller said. "No matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he scores, that's Tim Tebow and I'm going to ride with him to the end. I hope he shut up a whole bunch of critics today."

Eric Decker
    Would you rather have better stats with Kyle Orton as QB or have a better team record with Tim Tebow as the QB? If you were being criticized as much as Tim Tebow how would you handle it? Do you prefer being the

Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker makes a 56-yard touchdown catch during the fourth quarter against the Kansas City Chiefs. (Joe Amon, The Denver Post)
    underdog?
    ---Cameron Powers, Los Angeles
    Eric: My belief when it comes down to it, it's all about wins and losses. There's no better feeling after a win - and consecutive wins - than to have people thinking about the playoffs. I'd definitely take team records over individual records.
    For Tim, it's a lot of pressure for him. But he's a fan guy no matter if he's starting or not starting. He's fine if there's attention or not. He knows who he is, he knows his identity. He works hard either way.

Read more: Eric Decker: Broncos wide receiver catching on with Tim Tebow, Denver fans - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/fanmail/ci...#ixzz1qLcIEH9c
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Brady Quinn
    “The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos,” Quinn wrote. “Tim deserves a lot of credit for our success and I’m happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ate-portrayal/

Champ Bailey
    “He’s proven he can win some tough games. Now it’s just being consistent. One thing about him, he’s going to work at it. And I’m behind him 100 percent.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...om-the-pocket/

Read more: Champ Bailey, Tim Tebow talk about believing in Broncos to win - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz1qLaf7Nes

#7 CowboysFan, Apr 12, 2012
  8. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

All those quotes are great but if you realllly read them they are all about his charactor more than his performance.

Very diplomatic(and honest) answers for the media frenzy we live in today.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Just trying to show balance Thomas is basically a baby TO who was always injured .

10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Understood, however I believe the value of Thomas' comments are that they are different from the "diplomatic" answers and are slighlty geared more towards the performance of Tebow.

Does that make Thomas right, no but hes the only one on the team who seems to have addressed the On field stuff more than the great teamate stuff (which may have translated to onfield improvement as team) .

11. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Thomas was a no-name, injury riddled bust until Tebow started. Stay classy Thomas, you waterhead.

12. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I dunno if this really needed its own thread. There's plenty of room to talk about Tebow and all the people talking about Tebow.

D. Thomas can very nearly form an English sentence, I have to believe that you can find some one else to prop up your angst over acquiring Tebow.

He's a Jet, get used to it and root hard for success for him and the team. Otherwise, the end of this era of Jets football may be nigh.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well they had already signed Drew Stanton who I was fine with and I think they could have used a 4th and a 6th to address other, more important needs than backup QB. I would hope the Jets did their due diligence and made sure that a 4th couldn't have been traded for a serviceable FS, OLB, or RT/OL. Who knows if they did, but the trade seemed to add something that wasn't a priority for the Jets.

Also, while the Tim Tebow overshadowed the whole team because of the media, QB's usually overshadow the whole team. I do agree the Tebow hype on ESPN (which I assume most players watch) made it seem like Tebow and company and overshadowed some great plays by the defense. I hope Thomas is expecting it with Peyton. Media loves Peyton, not as much as Tebow, but Manning is going to get all and any credit from networks if the Bronocs succeed.

#13 displacedfan, Apr 12, 2012
  14. GreenMachine

A WR crying that he is always open??? Shocking!

15. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

This is 1 of my many "jet-peeves" regarding Te-Blow; too many statements, articles, reports, etc have focused solely on Te-Blow's character (which is exemplary indeed) however in-depth analysis of his work-out regimen; his approach to improving his qb skill-set etc has been sorely lacking.
    I have watched (& studied) his qb "talents" this past season (caught 7 Bronc games this past season) & found him to be WOEFULLY inadequate in recognizing coverage schemes, inability to complete a min 10-yd wide-rite/left throw for average, poor deceptive abilities on draw plays etc.! AT minimum, he's got at LEAST 2 seasons to go b-4 becoming an AVERAGE & suitable back-up qb for ANY NFL team. Of course as a long-ago JET addict since '67 wanting nuthin' more than a 2nd JET SuperBowl b-4 I DIE, I want Te-blow to excel, but d@mmit, I JUST CAN'T SEE HIM BRINGING N-E THING TO THE "DINNER TABLE" this upcoming season! Regardless what you may PERSONALLY think of Demar T, he earned the RIGHT to provide his assessment of Te-Blow 'cause he had the "opportunity" to PLAY w. him; a 1st-hand look @ what my JETS are getting!
    An earlier poster stated that maybe this thread is not necessary 'cause "this/that, whatever". IMO, i deserve the right to voice my objection to this Te-blow(me) travesty having INVESTED so much 'emotional currency" in my beloved NY JETS!

Just sayin'.......!

16. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Poor Demaryius...lacks the intelligence to realize the quotes he gave could be construed as a "dig" against his former QB.

17. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Obviously, you haven't watched Tim Tebow play QB much or maybe you've just seen the highlight videos on YouTube. He's about as accurate a passer as the blind squirrel looking for nuts -- he gets lucky occasionally.

If Tim Tebow was truly "capable of taking Sanchez's job" or providing "some competition to our current QB", then Sanchez would have to be the worst starting QB in the NFL in about 2 decades. I don't think he's nearly that bad.

However, I give Sanchez about 3 home games before he's steamrolled by Tebowmania and replaced. I then give Jests fans about 6 more games to realize that Timmie isn't "the Answer" to their gridiron prayers.

18. Slap

Slap New Member

Tried to delete this and double posted. See below.

#18 Slap, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  19. Slap

Slap New Member

CowboysFan: Only the haters give Tebow all the credit so then they can have an argument.

---------------------------

What a load of bullshit. When some idiot on this board posted about how Orton and Tebow played with same Bronco defense - even though Orton played most of his games the last two years without Dumervil and Miller - you squealed with delight. I wish the Tebow fans could stop lying through their teeth like Pat Robertson and man up just once. Just once. Never happen, though. They're just not capable of rational objectivity when it comes to their idol and his feet of clay.

20. Slap

Slap New Member

Nice avatar. Traitor.