Preseason Schedule Announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Apr 4, 2012.

1. whichfan

whichfan New Member

The preseason is also great because you get to watch new FA acquisitions and rookies who all get playing time for the first time. It's also great because it's the first football games of the season. And in this case it's great because we'll get to see Tebow playing QB for the Jets for the first time and facing off against the Panthers D and Cam Newton. You also get to see who's got a chance for the final starting spots based on their performance. And no team that actually wants to win, and takes winning seriously, wants to go 0-4 in the preseason. If you're competitive you still want to win.

If all you are is a casual fan who doesn't care about anything other than regular season, playoffs or SuperBowl, then it's meaningless. But if you care about other things, it's not.

2. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

Who are you-God?

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

agree the media will have a field day...it's gonna get ridiculous how often the camera finds Tebow during pre-season, whether he's on the field or the sidelines...maybe all the attention to Tebow will make it easier for Sanchez to get his work done under the radar

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Try a well respected moderator that has posted here for many many years and continues to keep this site great...

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im sure thats it... Sanchez will definitely be under the radar!

6. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

unfortunately Barry it's only the beginning...wait till the Bible-Thumpers start showing up at games, "praying" for God to smite Sanchez so Tebow can play...the things I heard last year about God "playing" in the games and He was sending a "message" through Tebow to the world, blah blah etc...was equal parts scary and unbelievable...now, NY/NJ is not Denver or the midwest but these nazi's will show up, believe me...and I do NOT blame Tebow for this, nor for the actions of his fanatical brain dead followers...to be honest they give him a bad name

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

well under the radar was a little strong...I meant TT will be such a story off the field, etc...and will be the talk of radio and press that maybe (i did say maybe) it will work to sanchez's benefit as far as just playing QB is concerned...while everyone is going to the "soap opera" angle sanchez may quietly do what he has to do (though of course he'll have to talk about it after to the media)...it's just a throw it out there possibility

8. grumpynyjetsfaninME

i want to go to a game this season but i just bought a car, i dont think i will be able to get a regular season game, how much do the pre season games go for? if i take a weekend trip down there. my 5 year old wants to go to a game, the wife dont care she she will just take the pics of the game, if i go to the parking lot can i get a ticket from a person selling them or should i go to stub hub. i would go to a regular season game but the car payment and WM next year.

9. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

stub hub is good but i hear their extra charges, etc...are too much, like ticketmaster...sometimes ebay or craigslist will get u a good deal and none of the "extra" charges...try them

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Newton is going to play defense this year? It will be interesting to see how the Panthers are going to use him on the defensive side of the ball.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

On the bold, why the first time? Is he not allowed to see the field the first two preseason games?

12. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

No, It's just that's ALL you talk about. There's nothing wrong about supporting Tebow, I do too -- but when that's all you do on this forum is just constantly and consistently make the topic about Tebow, expect a little opposition from members on this forum who want to talk about the JETS as a whole, rather than just a single fucking player.

Furthermore, you have an unbelievable ability to talk down on those who just don't see him as a quality QB. You use stats, then criticize others for using "meaningless" stats like completion %, and then unfoundly say they just haven't obviously watched Tebow play.

You just can't accept that people don't have faith in Tebow as a starting QB, and get so defensive about it. You'd probably be a lot less singled out if you actually tried to contribute about something else about the team that doesn't involve the QB position and didn't jump on people the minute they attack Tebow.

You really want to support Tebow and stop the hate and etc? Then STOP. I didn't mind the move initially, but when we constantly have to hear from people like you and the other 3/12'ers, it's hard not to just resent the player eventually because of what he brings with him.

Back on topic:

I usually only watch a few pre-season games myself. It will be interesting to see how the new starters like Laundry hold up, and see our O-line under the new man blocking scheme.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Still with this shit,whicteam? Why not go try your luck on a patsboard telling them how you're gonna root for the jets because of tebow.

14. RMorin

RMorin Member

The most important game by far is obviously game 3. While I am excited it is on national TV, and that Cam Newton will be a decent test for the defense because of his style of play, it is not necessarily the best team to measure up against. Cam Newton is very mobile and not like any other player that we are going to be up against (except maybe Big Ben?), and otherwise Carolina, while improving, is not that complete of a team. A game three against the NYG would have been better to see how we really may perform this season.

#114 RMorin, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Neither opponent or anything that happens in that game means anything of significance other than an injury. Pre season games are not a barometer of the performance of the team in the regular season.

16. RMorin

RMorin Member

The final score of course not. However, are you telling me that seeing 1st team vs. 1st team (while not perfect because schemes are held back purposely), is of the same value as watching people that will be cut the next day regardless of what they do? Considering game three has the most 1st vs 1st time of any game, I would certainly consider it the most important.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Rex may not play Tebow at all just to set the record straight early on.

Set the tone for the season, so to speak, and lower expectations of all the Tebow-mites.

18. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Yea, Mcelroy will get the garbage time in preseason id say.

If they let Tebow in vs the scrubs hell undoubtedly look better than he is and just add fuel to the fire.

Just like any Jets backup QB in any year. Only x100000000

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Game plans are vanilla. Teams don't want to give anything way. The most important goal is to avoid injuries. Yes, I am saying that preseason games are virtually irrelevant. I still watch every minute of all four games, but I put very little stock in what I see.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I hope you are wrong, that shtick may fly in Florida or even in Colorado (what many people don't know is that Colordao Springs only an hour south of Denver is home to a large born again population as well as this group http://www.focusonthefamily.com/ )but for the most part New York doesn't really have a large presence of those types mainly because it's so big they're just another group. The thing is Tebow may not bring this onto himself but I don't hear him telling them not to do it. I think he plays naive but is actually very savy and knows what he is doing and making tons of money out of it.

I also know that he received a large amount of money to speak at a church in Vegas It's called Canyon Ridge Christian Church and their pastor in the past has voiced support for the Lord's Resistance Army. Now I don't know Tebow's stance on Kony nor will I speculate but the fact that he would speak at that church and not have any idea that this guy is open to Kony's ideas is baffling to me and I'm shocked it didn't receive any type of news coverage.

Now me personally I like Tebow and want him to succeed, if that being said I like Mark as well and want him to be succesful as well. I just think that Tebow is limited in what he can bring to an offense wheras I think Sanchez has shown that he can be a very good QB. Look at his game against New England in the playoffs, he outplayed Brady and he outplayed Manning for a half in the AFC title game 3 years ago until his D let him down and his RB got injured. He can be good but he can also be very bad. Hopefully this new offense can help both QB's exceed which means the Jets win football games. I just think having Sanchez as your QB gives you a much better chance then Tebow.