Hard Knocks 2.0?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrebet Fo' Ever, Apr 2, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Jets for some reason play better when everyone is against them. That's the way it seems the past few years. Unfortunately everyone became against them after the season and they can't respond until September

2. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Documenting this era of the Jets is a good idea BUT giving HBO (or anyone other that the Jets) the rights to put it out there preseason, would simply give Jets naysayers (including some Jets fans) more fuel for their naysaying fire. It's not like there isn't enough naysaying now.

Making a Hard Knocks type documentary, for showing during the off season, could be designed to help explain the method to RR's (and others) madness while showing normally unseen aspects of the Jets. Trailers of the documentary could be released throughout the entire year, even preseason, leading up to its full release.

3. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Rex has lost too much weight IMO.....it wouldnt be the same.

4. winsalata

winsalata New Member

Well said.. I agree

5. patfanken

patfanken Banned

The problem with that strategy is that, if the Jets go 7-9 or less, the only people who would got to that documentary would be Bills and Pats fans

I think its time that the Jets "embrace the circus". You can argue all you want whether the Jets or the media has caused all the noise. But if you are going to be accused anyway, you might as well be guilty. So DO Hard Knocks. That way EVERYONE gets entertained.....and the Jet rep might actually get improved by the process. It certainly can't get worse. There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

6. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Exactly, they are more concerned about winning than being part of a media circus.

7. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Wait..... when did the jets win back to back NFC championships?

8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Where did I say they won? What, do you expect to make and win the Super Bowl every year? You're going to be a very disappointed fan.

9. JAG

JAG New Member

I do love all this "everyone hates us" nonsense.....common, everyone doesnt hate you, however they do laugh at you.....

10. JAG

JAG New Member

"Where did I say they won? What, do you expect to make and win the Super Bowl every year? You're going to be a very disappointed fan. " Classic, I love this board! I mean other than the actual correct conference and the small nit of winning vs losing, spot on post!

11. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i think he was just poking fun at NFC.

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Why don't you make another post about it? Maybe you can get a special "spell checker" badge next to your username.

13. Will_Barcells

Will_Barcells New Member

I am praying that this does not happen.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

In my mind, Hard Knocks is an extension of "We'll kick your ass" and "We're going to the Superbowl." More media hype, bluster and Jersey Shore-like "reality" horseshit. Complete useless, irrelevent, idiotic nonsense, not to mention a totally disastrous fucking distraction this year which we don't need.

We'll gain respect only when we start winning fucking games. Give me a 13-3 season and leave the Hard Knocks to somebody else like the Miami Dolphins. I pass.

15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This /\ /\ /\

I thought the Jets were done with the "look at us" crap.

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Why not just rename Hard Knocks 'Inside Jets Training Camp' at this point?

Yeah well the Tebow thing already proved that false.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Spoken like a true Pats fan who really enjoys the idea of the Jets just turning into a sideshow instead of a competent professional football organization.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

all i can do is smh... im with 227 and willie on this one. hopefully the jets will just concentrate on playing football...

however i am sure that they will find something jersey shoreish to do.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tim Tebow clearly knows how to impress his new boss ... cause the NY Jets QB went out and got himself a pedicure in L.A. this week.

TMZ obtained a pic of Tebow in the chair at MB Nails in West Hollywood on Tuesday ... moments before technicians went to town on his fingers and toesies.

Sources at the salon tell us Tebow was "VERY friendly" during his $23 mani/pedi treatment ... and dropped a HUGE tip at the end.

Manicured feet are important to pro athletes ... especially when they're playing for Rex Ryan.