Hard Knocks 2.0?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrebet Fo' Ever, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ever hear of NetFlix? On demand?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What is your point?

3. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

I read this earlier and let me say "NO NO NO NO NO"...as if this team needs more distractions.

The owner may talk about how he wants to win but if he green lights this decision then it will be just more ammo for all the haters to talk about how dysfunctional this team really is from the top on down.

4. tommytom

tommytom Banned

the Jets are a reality tv show. They are a bunch of individuals concerned with ratings and drama. They have a flamboyant foot loving coach and instead of focusing on winning they sell their souls and sign thugs to the team and make them captains. They talk big but they are like their coach. All hot air. Reality tv shows is the best the Jets can achieve.

5. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

QFT. Win a Super Bowl first.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Could the Jets actually focus on shutting the fuck up and staying out of the media for a bit? How about focusing on building a better team and actually winning a SB please? You don't need the dirty laundry aired on TV. I swear Woody has resigned himself to thinking all the publicity the Jets get, good or bad, is as good as actually winning. I wish all their efforts were being put into winning a championship.

I'll think Hard Knocks is a good idea when I see the Steelers, Pats, Giants or PAckers on it.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Not sure why everyone says this. There is no proven connection between performance and hard knocks. Some terrible teams like rams, seahawks, redskins, browns, jags haven't done it either.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

For me, Hard Knocks is revisiting the cockamamie "We'll kick your ass" and "We're going to the Superbowl" boasts, none of which happened and none of which was followed thru on.

So I say we could do without any connection we've previously had to talking the talk and not walking the walk, which is the way most NFL fans view this team now, unfortunately. Paper tigers.

Screw Hard Knocks. Let's win some fucking games.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I loved when the Jets were on it. I mean what can beat Sanchez throwing a stink bomb in the defensive coaches office and getting his car stuffed with packing peanuts. Or, Steve Weatherford ordering a truck full of Shakeweights. Or, Mark Sanchez drawing mustaches on pictures of Shotty's kids. Or, Rex Ryan saying "Lets go eat a snack." I mean come on that stuff is classic.

10. KWJetsFan

I don't care about the shit teams. The teams with multiple world championships couldn't seem less interested in it.

Ever notice they are never even in the running?

11. KWJetsFan

Antonio Brown was on SportsNation today. When asked if he (as a Steeler) would want to be on Hard Knocks. He said, "No. That's not how we roll as an organization."

When asked if he respects the Jets, he responded with, "Not really. A lot of hype built up. Anything else doesn't matter."

He's right. Winning is what matters, Let's focus on that and stay off Hard Knocks!!!

12. winsalata

winsalata New Member

This might be what the team needs to blow off some steam and get back on track. Maybe a little hard knocks will be good for them. Maybe it can help them blow off some of the petty stuff that's happen. Not sure....alot of maybe's but if it's going to fall apart we might as well see who the idiots are....lol

13. KWJetsFan

I hear you, but like any other team, how about the Jets blow off the needed steam off camera?

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If the Jets go on Hard Knocks again when they should be fixing the locker room and concentrating on the changes they were going to make - and on winning football games - then I am completely convinced all Woody cares about is being in the spot light. "Winning and rebuilding this team be damned, let's sign Tebow and go on Hard Knocks again!!!" This is getting embarrassing.

15. KILLER Klown

KILLER Klown New Member

It cant get worse

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    After last years soap opera this team should be concentrating on repairing it's fractured locker room and building a team ready to compete.

17. whichfan

whichfan New Member

There's more than one way to fix the locker room. Giving each ego maniac on the team excellent TV coverage that will stroke their egos for months is one way to do it if done right. You either scale it or all back, or go ahead full speed. Considering Tebow's here, and the fiasco that's going to arise out of the QB situation non-stop, Hard Knocks or no Hard Knocks, might as well give everyone what they want anyway.

Being on Hard Knocks won't take anything away from their ability to win games. It's training camp, not regular season. They go away when the regular season begins.

You'd be crazy not to do it if they get the chance. It's pretty clear the Jets have no intention being like the rest of the NFL franchises, and considering their track record of back to back NFC Championships, including one during the year they filmed Hard Knocks, it's quite clear they can handle it.

Some teams see the media as a distractions, others thrive on it. Make it happen! Besides if they win, the locker room will be fixed automatically anyway. If they lose, going deep silence won't fix it and neither will Tebow's prayers. Winning is the cure all. Maybe what they need is a distraction to keep them from pointing fingers at each other.

It's basically what every other NFL team wishes to do, but their "fake" image won't allow them to do it. We all know their images are fake anyway. Hell, just look at the Saints. I don't see anything wrong with taking a peak behind the curtain. I'm a big boy. I can handle it.

18. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Did we win that game?

Repairing team unity is the most important thing this offseason.
    Doubt that happens with HBO cameras in everyone's faces.
    More bullshit and drama will follow if they go down this road again.

I'd like to see the Jets in the Super Bowl before I die.
    Then they can have their reality show again, and it would be fun.

19. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

All this fractured locker room talk is complete crap and the media has been shitting it down your throats. ANY team that expected to go deep into the playoffs and ended up falling a few easy wins short SHOULD be upset with each other.
    This is the teammates holding each other accountable. Or would you rather they be content to lose games and watch the playoffs from home again ?

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. It's like there's never been an argument in the huddle before. It's fucking ridiculous how much they blew it out of proportion. I guarantee you all the bullshit this roster has had to hear over the last several months has brought them closer together than ever before. There's a chip on every shoulder now.