Alright, I give. Tebow is already a giant pain in the ass. I think I hate him.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 3, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Over hyped by whom exactly? most NFL analyst destroy him.

Do you really want me to cut and paste all the jets fans that have said they are doomed? really?

here , I will answer the "catching up to him" myth which is the biggest myth after the "hall of fame level Denver D" myth .

let's look at the highly touted 1-4 record to end the season

The 3 game losing streak, This is a non biased view 100% (the crazed anti tebow post force me 1000% on the tebot side)

First game
    Tebow actually played well against NE in that game, in fact statistically he had one of his best games, threw for around 200 yds and ran for close to 120 yards , scored Tds and there were 3 fumbles in a row that sealed the broncos fate (1 was tebow's) . He did not play bad at all and at one point Denver had a 17 point lead on NE. There was no catching up.

Bills game , everything was fine until mid-late in the 3rd when the bills started scoring on the D, they found themselves down and Tebow played like dog shit in the 4th quarter , worst quarter of his entire life at any level.

Kansas city
    Tebow sucked donkey balls.He had 5 bad quarters in a row (not arguable) .
    But QBs are going to have bad games, he had his best game ever the following week with all the pressure in the world dialed in.

In the Pittsburgh game he set all sorts of records PASSING. Please spare me the Steeler D crap. They had to play 9 in a box or he would have run them over, he had 50 yards and a TD with 9 in a box, so they had to play that way because of him. Also Palomalu was in the game and so was Harrison and they were smoked. Denver was missing more guys than they were including Kuper, Decker, Moreno etc. everyone is hurt that time of year, its only used as an excuse by Tebow haters.

overall the 8-5 record represents what occurred and the reason the other years are important (Denver the worst team in the league previous 31 games) is that the Denver team (while it had its moments with tebow, the defense and the kicker) was not that good before the change. again not all tebow but all those things fell into place (defense, kicking, changed offense, tebow) they were all needed for success and he played his part well, extremely well , way exceeding the "jets are doomed talk)

#81 CowboysFan, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

What about NFL success? Does a playoff win count for anything these days??

2 AFC Championship game appearances is about the only valid defense I hear for Sanchez...

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I was making a response not a general statement. You can't extract a post without taking its context into consideration.

4. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

I've just ceased to care anymore. It will be what it will be.

If Sanchez can't man up, he deserves to lose his job. His only job is to compete and win games. The size of his contract is meaningless compared to his performance on the field.

The only way Tebow would start is if Sanchez is terrible and the Jets go on a losing streak. At that point, why not start him? And if Tebow extends the losing streak, pull him too.

I don't know why people are so freaked out at the prospect of Tebow starting. I would be upset, but only because that would mean the Jets are sucking terribly by that point.

If he wins, good for the Jets, and if doesn't, say goodbye to Tebowmania.

5. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Way to avoid the question Col. Politician

6. VanderbiltJets

Because, if Sanchez loses the job after getting his contract extension, the 2013 Jets go from being in Cap Hell to being Cap Sodomized and F&(#3$.

7. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

They can probably find someone to pick up his contract in a trade, although they wouldn't get much in return value-wise, other than washing their hands of the cap hit.

I really don't think the Jets would have any problem at all dealing Sanchez should they decide to move on from him....Decent QB's are hard to come by in this league and some big-ego OC out there probably thinks they can make him a great passer in their offense.

#87 FakeSpike13, Apr 3, 2012
  8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

And keeping a lesser quarterback that doesn't help your team does what? It doesn't fix that problem.

Tim Tebow might as well be a gift from God for the Jets because if Sanchez does turn out to stink it up, then they would not only be forced to cut him anyway, but would have to pay top dollar for another starter. Then you would be in cap hell. If Tebow succeeds, he's pretty damn cheap for the next couple of years.

Either way they have to take a hit if Sanchez doesn't get the job done. But they will sure as hell be happy to have a playoff caliber QB being payed paid a couple of million a year. Tebow is the cap relief they need in that situation. He pretty much acts as cheap insurance for Sanchez's contract. And Tebow's going to be fine with it for the simple fact the Jets gave him a chance and will make a zillion dollars in endorsements. Whatever the Jets pay him will be like a tip in comparison to what he can make from sponsors.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not in the NFL. You don't seem to get that glaring discrepancy, but since you love ignoring glaring discrepancies where Tebow is concerned, I'll just chalk it up to you being a frothing fanboy with zero integrity and zero objectivity.

#89 abyzmul, Apr 3, 2012
  10. VanderbiltJets

Not a chance. His cap value for 2013 is more than Rivers, Cassel, and Matt Ryan each made in 2011. If Sanchez loses his job to Tebow by sucking balls then no one will be willing to take on his contract. Also, his dead money exceeds his cap value in 2013 so the Jets would incur a negative $4.3 million in "cap savings" if they cut him after the 2012 season.

11. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Yes in the NFL. Use your brain man. Try to see the big picture for a second and use some common sense.

The kid completed 126 out of 271 passes in 11 regular season games. 1 extra completion a game puts him at 50%. 2 puts him at 55%. And that's not counting any drops.

Let me repeat that for you: 1 extra completion makes him an 50% quarterback and 2 a 55% quarterback and this argument would not even be taking place.

But he also had 6 interceptions the entire season including his playoff games. You cannot be at the top of the league in interception % without giving up a completion or two each and every game. You cannot be an inaccurate quarterback and throw for 318 in the NFL, and only get picked off 6 times. It just doesn't add up.

The fact is coaches go crazy trying to teach quarterbacks to avoid that bad pass that leads to that interception. To throw the ball away. There is 0 benefit from completing another random pass throughout the game at the risk of throwing 1 interception. This is the kind of issue and dumb mistake that kept guys like Bret Farve from ever getting a second ring. Their inability to do that. To let go.

He's one of the smart ones that know how to do that. The "missed" pass down the middle at the end of the Steelers game that was about 5 yards left of his receiver on 3rd down which took the team into overtime...was exactly the same throw Ben Roethlisberger attempted to make and got picked off earlier in the game. That's the difference between Tim and a dumb jock quarterback. He gets that. He places some passes quite a bit away from his receivers, out of reach from his defender anticipating and cutting his routes. He's not doing that because he's "missing". He's doing that because he reads the field very well, anticipates defenders, and while a bit conservative, you can't argue with the results. A lot of that had to do with a lack of a check down receiver. Denver didn't have that, and the ones they did have dropped balls left and right. So he'll place some high risk passes away from his receivers where they have to break routes and come back for it, or no one else gets it. A 3 yard pass isn't worth getting picked off. A first down isn't worth an interception. 10 completions isn't worth an interception. A touchdown might be worth an interception depending on who you are playing, but not when your name is the Denver Broncos and the coach goes for 3 every chance he gets. In that case, not even touchdown pass is worth a turnover.

#91 whichfan, Apr 3, 2012
  12. VanderbiltJets

filler/////

13. VanderbiltJets

I wasn't rude to you. Please don't be rude to me.

NFL success matters a lot. Playoff wins do count for at least something.

Happy?
    [​IMG]

#93 VanderbiltJets, Apr 3, 2012
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I've read this post from you about 30 times, and I already know that you have no rational capacity to argue the abilities, or lack thereof, that Tebow has displayed this far, so instead of working up a response, I'll just...

... chalk it up to you being a frothing fanboy.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Can't wait! Glad to have another competitor on the team. Run, run, run, run, run!!!

Ground 'n pound!

16. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I think anyone with 4th grade reading ability and logic can see that I have just rationally explained this issue to you. You just can't concede it. That's a personal problem on your end.

Like I said to the other guy, it's going to be interesting to see what some of you are going to be coming up with when you see it done in front of your eyes.

17. VanderbiltJets

So condescending...

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

No you didn't just say that to me. You out of all people. Especially when I'm defending a condescending reply to begin with. Unreal.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I thought John Elway was El Diablo?

20. VanderbiltJets

I was being facetious, take a chill pill...